Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets See if Otaku's notice

Atreides.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

Those who watch unfiltered anime in its purest form (denouncing subs cause not everyone can understand the entire conversation raw).

Sadly, I can't call myself an otaku because though I watch most anime subbed, I grew up with dubbed Dragon Ball in the late 90s into dubbed DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho in early 2k Toonami, and Sailor Moon, Hamtaro, and Hello Kitty all before I hit 9 or 10 those years ago, all in the morning and evening anime blocks.

But that's besides the point.

otaku's?

22 hours ago, Hortonman said:

Call me a heretic if you must, but I'd rather have lower quality voice acting that I can actually understand.

Reveal hidden contents

Except in the case of Jojo. That gloriously overblown voice acting is half the fun. 

OOOOOOHH MYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOD!

Ditto

I've tried to watch subbed anime but I just can't take the voice acting seriously, every-time it either sounds like someone whining or like they were always pissed off at something. 

I will however admit that sometimes the English voices aren't that good, sometimes I do think that the voice doesn't fit the character. 

On 4/23/2016 at 10:13 AM, Evanescent said:

I don't hear it man.

The only dubs I really liked were the one for Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt's, Spice and Wolf, and xxxHolic's.   

Jesus Christ I loved the Panty and Stocking dub because the voices fit the characters so well and S#&$ now I remembered that they never finished the series.

8 hours ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

Ditto

I've tried to watch subbed anime but I just can't take the voice acting seriously, every-time it either sounds like someone whining or like they were always pissed off at something. 

I will however admit that sometimes the English voices aren't that good, sometimes I do think that the voice doesn't fit the character. 

Oh, I'm perfectly capable of watching subbed anime, and often do in the event a dub is unavailable or especially bad, but I find that having my eyes play double-duty is tiring and just generally detracts from my enjoyment of the show, far more so than subpar voice work would.