Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Way To Reclaim Installed Reactor/catalyst

xGryphus

There could be an option in Foundry called Salvage - it would work kind of a permament blueprint that costs 25k cr, takes 24h and uses any piece of equipment with Reactor/Catalyst in it. In return it would give a fresh BLUEPRINT of Reactor/Catalyst (depending on what have been used as a component - frame/sentinel or weapon). Item used for this process would be obviously consumed. Why this way?

- player could be able to perform only one slavage process at a time,

- would allow to free a slot of a recklessly boosted weapon/frame or one that player doesn't enjoy anymore,
- would be kind of last resort (player would not risk loss of unique, hard to get or expensive weapon),
- (by giving bluepring) would require addition effort to get actuall item.
Altogether it would make rather costly and time-consuming way to reclaim badly used Reactor/Catalyst.

That's a decent idea, but I believe it should be... a lot more expensive.
Like, 250k credits, not 25k. Or 50 morphics. Something like that.

Best suggestion I've seen about reclaiming orokin artifacts though.

Why would it cost much more to salvage one than to create one? I don't exactly get that.

because getting one is mostly hard due to how rarely it happens.

so if you get one, then reuse it forever at little to not cost. it makes things like selling them on the market pointless.

which is why this will never happen regardless. its a way for DE to make money. and too many people fight too hard to have less ways to spend money and more ways to guarantee that warframe is a financial failure.

Well these are only numbers - this could be changed back and forth (even cost one Forma considering its "shape altering propeties" and since it's a bit easier to aquire) although I think that keeping time/cr cost rather close to the one of Reactor/Catalyst itsefl would be most balanced.

Well these are only numbers - this could be changed back and forth (even cost one Forma considering its "shape altering propeties" and since it's a bit easier to aquire) although I think that keeping time/cr cost rather close to the one of Reactor/Catalyst itsefl would be most balanced.

It's more about what MetalGerbil said.

Catalysts, Reactors and Formas are DE's main source of income, probably.

IF there were to be an in-game way to recover them, it should be very expensive/grind worthy, that way, buying them with platinum is still in the spirit of pay 4 convenience that DE advertises. Costing a Forma... idk. I'd rather have ridiculous credit cost.

because getting one is mostly hard due to how rarely it happens.

so if you get one, then reuse it forever at little to not cost. it makes things like selling them on the market pointless.

which is why this will never happen regardless. its a way for DE to make money. and too many people fight too hard to have less ways to spend money and more ways to guarantee that warframe is a financial failure.

You clearly misunderstood the whole aim of this idea. Salvage is designed to be a last resort that would still left player with closed pool of Reactors/Catalysts. The more I think about it the more I'm convinced that including Forma in cost would be good idea. Also increasing build time to let's say 7 days.

Another idea would be to make reclaiming a potato free, but the item it was put on is destroyed and your mastery is reverted. This would probably make problems with people who rank up, but other than that i can't really find any issues from removing mastery and destroying the item.

Why not just mass request a monthly (or even bi monthly) potato alerts? I can see a remove X installed item function once the game is out of beta and the Devs start whittling Platinum away as a required thing for certain benefits, but right now potato alerts are so rare they might as well be unicorns. We know they can program certain type of alerts to occur with a bit more frequency than once in a blue moon. Time they start doing it a bit more regularly if you ask me.

How about you buy a "blueprint" of sorts and you stick whatever item you have potatoed into the extractor and pay 10 platinum to remove the potato from the item. Item is destroyed in the process.

You get the potato back at less cost

DE still gets paid

How about you buy a "blueprint" of sorts and you stick whatever item you have potatoed into the extractor and pay 10 platinum to remove the potato from the item. Item is destroyed in the process.

You get the potato back at less cost

DE still gets paid

Because if people wanted to pay plat they'd just buy another potato.

If they implemented it, I dont believe its in the spirit of the game to charge more to salvage one than it would be to make a new one. Sorry guys, common sense. I suggest people quit suggesting ways to nerf things others suggest DE that would just make the game moreconveneient. Im sure DE can decide what needs nerfs all on their own without you. :p

If they implemented it, I dont believe its in the spirit of the game to charge more to salvage one than it would be to make a new one. Sorry guys, common sense. I suggest people quit suggesting ways to nerf things others suggest DE that would just make the game moreconveneient. Im sure DE can decide what needs nerfs all on their own without you. :p

Of course they can.

But as is in the first post, that suggestion will never be implemented.

It's just a bad business decision. If it were to be implemented, it needs to be hard enough to do that buying something with platinum is still a more convenient, fast and easy way to get a catalyst or reactor than removing it from the item.