Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returned to Warframe, Don't know what to do

(PSN)TheBlackSin45

Question

So I recently returned to Warframe and the whole game has like literally changed for me. I have no idea what to do. I have a Volt maxed level and I have so much mail in my inbox idk what to do. Do I just do the quests in the codex and that will lead me back into the game? I only have three quest, one for the archwing, and two others I forgot. 

Also I was looking into making another warframe so which is better Mesa or Oberon? Thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

I've always operated under the view that no warframe is better than the other. It depends on what you're looking for really. Oberon is the jack of all trades, while Mesa is a tank and can provide minor CC. I'd recommend trying out weapons and doing some quests until you get the hang of Warframe again. Also, welcome back, tenno.

I don't know if you still remember, warframe isn't quest based.

Go unlock some nodes in the map, get a new weapon or 2 and go level them. Unlock a few more planets by beating up those bosses.

Quests will award you some things and / or unlock new stuff like Dog-like companions (Kubrow) or Archwing mode. It's always good to do them.

Join a clan that accepts "newbies" (even if, just in case, you're not that low) and tell them you're a returning player. Start from scratch to get used again.

If you've been away for like, more than a Year~2 think like your starting a whole new game.

Ever since the revamped tutorial, the game looks astonishingly different to a returning player.  

The basics are the same though.  Carve your way through the star map, kill bosses to unlock planets, and murder all the things.

Along the way, you can BUILD ALL THE THINGS, but only after you have FARMED ALL THE THINGS!

Warframe really needs to add in a video file from Lotus explaining very simply,

"Welcome Tenno, you've been gone a long time.  Right now, I have some special missions I need you to complete, it's time to take on Vor"

"Welcome to the solar system Tenno, before you can travel to all of the planets, you'll need to find the navigation segments to unlock each one.  Each planet has a primary commander, and eliminating them will get you navigation segments to unlock new planets.  As you make your way through the solar system, you'll uncover a small number of new quests, complete them at your leisure.  Good luck, Tenno."

Enjoy all of your inbox transmissions, they hint at all the events and major alerts that you've missed out on.

Edited by EvilKam