Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bursa Problems (Sorties mainly)

SilverScale1

DE Today myself and a few friends tried doing the sortie once we got to the second mission we had to do it many times and we noticed quite a few problems with the spawning of bursas and the use of warframe abilities on them.

Problem #1

The amount of Bursas that spawned on the Intercept mission Paimon (Europa) was absolutely insane, at any one time there were ten or more  Bursas spawned on the very first wave of the mission. All three types spawned rapidly and in enormous quantity making it almost impossible to do the actual interception mission we were tasked with. For with each bursa we somehow managed to kill and killing the other members of the corpus faction even more practically invincible Bursas would spawn making it even worse and all that much harder to go through the mission.

Problem #2 

We noticed this problem when we had a blind mirage, the mirage would use her #4 ability and then blind all enemies, however with the Bursas even if they were blinded they could still pound on the ground and shoot at the squad usually one shoting us, again making the mission practically impossible, we know that isolater Bursas can create nullifier bubbles but the bursas were completely blinded before they could create these little nullifier bubbles. So as they are blinded they shouldn't know where we are or where to fire their beams or ground pound us. Not only Mirage but with a Frost as well the abilities we used on them seemed to last a frighteningly small amount of time making casting our abilities practically useless for how long they affect the Bursas.

Problem #3 

Bursas in general, with their massive health pool and devastating attacks at high level missions they are extremely difficult to kill even when hitting their "weak" side, their reappearance during the Divine Will tactical alert was actually a welcome change (In my opinion) to the corpus arsenal, however with how strong they are, their large health pool and the amount they spawn, I believe they need a rework again to make them more balanced at the higher level missions that are some of the more enjoyable levels for higher level tenno.

On the whole I dont think Bursas are that bad, (in small numbers,) but I would support the idea of a rework, purely because I dont think any ordinary enemy should be that overpowered with so few weaknesses. (Movement rate/turn speed and spawn rate are what I would suggest dropping.)

Mostly though it is the spawn rate for them.

It seems to me that Bursas are supposed to be triggered when there are alarms going, which is fair enough, except that the spawn rate is a bit too high, and also there seems to be a bug in the alarm system which means that the alarms get triggered (possibly silently,) without also activating the consoles to turn them off.

This tends to happen when you complete mission objectives, for example destroying the reactor on an old style sabotage. (You can tell it is the alarm system that is bugged because if you let the enemy trigger the alarms before you complete the objective and then turn the alarms off after coimpleting the objective then you dont get any bursas spawning.)

How that applies to the interception mission I couldnt say, unless the alarms are being triggered every time you complete an objective, which in this case would be capturing a point, which would explain why you get so many bursas in an interception.

Also, if the alarms are triggered and there is no way to turn them off then you get an infinite spawn of bursas unless an enemy turns the alarms/consoles on the normal way, or sometimes if you break a window and hack the console for that.

Im assuming of course that this is a bug and not intended behaviour. If it is intended then I would like to see a message from the Lotus indicating that there is a problem with the alarm system or something to that effect.

Get a frost and Sonicor (potatoed and 3 Forma, with pummel) , i killed 5 Bursas in that mission fairly easily, but honestly their spawn rate was really starting to annoy me. my team mates let me work on the bursas otherwise we could have lost the interception points. DE needs to work on their spawn rate