The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Non-soldier entities!

Navarc

To be honest, I see this getting more in the way than actually improving the game.

As well, the Lore has it covered why we don't see civies: we're attacking Corpus ships full of servant proxies who are indoctrinated and manufactured into servitude, and the Grineer breed all clones into military personnel, regardless of career. Why would either have any unarmed personnel, especially with a threat such as the Tenno on the loose?

I'd prefer if existing units just had more interaction with the environment prior to combat. For example, if un-alerted and no alarms active, you could see things such as Grineer carrying ammo crates or equipment around, or Ospreys transporting hazardous canisters to storage destinations. Even possibly Crewmen operating some of the machinery, such as by having their weapons holstered and actually typing on or otherwise manipulating consoles.

In other words, while I don't believe we should have non-soldier personnel in our normal missions, especially non-soldiers that are treated as enemies to the Tenno that can arbitrarily punish or reward the player, I would be alright if our present array of enemies could be given more interactions with their own environments.

3 hours ago, Jesde94 said:

IF this were to happen the workers would have to be immune/untargetable by AoE powers, lest they be accidentally killed by spam tactics.

I'm unsure about this, since part of the purpose is to discourage blindly shooting & exclusively using 4s.
As of right now the game doesn't reward precision and thinking at all. Now more than ever with Nullifiers recharging their bubble quicker than a sniper rifle can reload to pop it.
There's dozens of things to encourage 0 accuracy builds on automatic rifles. It really feels pointless using something like a bow.