Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Nerrivik, the Sea Goddess of the North | QUEST

MissMarifire

Setting aside the fact that I'm generally against romantic entanglements (not counting Ballas and Margulis which was well handled, and I will leave room for something that could blow me away with how well done it is), I'm torn on the proposal.

On the one hand, it has really good dramatic elements.

On the other, it also feels melodramatic.

One or more of the elements in the proposal could be changed or dropped, and you might decide which ones are the strongest story elements. All of them together are really heavy. (I probably shouldn't talk, since I'm about to try my hand at some really heavy themes for a lore piece/short story for a new warframe. Wish me luck.)

The Codex idea's also good, straight forward. 

It really is up to you, though, and you can only use so much advice. Chuck anything that doesn't work in my advice the bin.

Edited by Rhekemi

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, ssj782 said:

Saw it, seemed interesting. Then I saw the cryotic. Not just no... He** no.

I based the requirements on the Sibear. Keeping in mind that it requires 30,000 Cryotic. How much in total does the Warframe need?

30,000, spread between 5,000, 10,000 and 15,000 respectively.

I'm pulling a Hema on this one and say that I don't think it needs changed. The sheer amount needed is reflective on the fact that it is a very end-game Warframe: powerful, but tricky to use for newer players. To reflect this, I have plans of buffing a lot of her abilities to be more in line with the building requirements, giving more incentive to meeting the material requirements the Warframe than just for MR. Additionally, I feel that Cryotic is fitting for a Warframe that is pretty much an ice-based summoning Warframe.

If there's really a problem, then I'll change it, but I really don't believe that an alternative Cold-based Warframe should need less than 20,000 total Cryotic to build. I felt that the Warframe itself should take more than a one hour excavation run to make.

At the very least, I avoided using the likes of Oxium, Nitain, or an absurd number of Mutagen Samples.

Edited by MissMarifire

I may rather that. I have 40 or 50 nitain, and I have never even thought about crafting the sibear, lol. I think I have 11k cryotic after the vauban and everything else that needs it. The only thing left is the sibear, but that cost is insanely painful and not worth it for a weapon I'll probably just use as mastery fodder. Probably the same for the frame, honestly. I'm looking at it in a 'will I keep this' way.

Your insane cost of cryotic would make it even worse than vauban prime, and that's saying something.

44 minutes ago, MissMarifire said:

but I really don't believe that an alternative Cold-based Warframe should need less than 20,000 total Cryotic to build.

20k sounds a bit more reasonable, but I agree that a warframe that's all about ice should need a good amount of Cryotic.

I'm currently at 3.5k Cryotic, but then again we've only recently finished Elytron whatever research (which needs a fat batch of Cryotic) before downsizing our clan. Yeah, that was really smart ... The 30k for Sibear really were quite a thing when I did it, but that was before the changes to speed up Excavation and before Relics and Fissures. So if I had to do it again, I'd look for a nice Lith fissure and just keep 'em coming.

4 hours ago, ssj782 said:

I may rather that. I have 40 or 50 nitain, and I have never even thought about crafting the sibear, lol. I think I have 11k cryotic after the vauban and everything else that needs it. The only thing left is the sibear, but that cost is insanely painful and not worth it for a weapon I'll probably just use as mastery fodder. Probably the same for the frame, honestly. I'm looking at it in a 'will I keep this' way.

Your insane cost of cryotic would make it even worse than vauban prime, and that's saying something.

Then I'm sorry you feel that way. Not every Warframe is for everyone; if you feel it's fodder, you have a right to feel that way.

4 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

20k sounds a bit more reasonable, but I agree that a warframe that's all about ice should need a good amount of Cryotic.

I'm currently at 3.5k Cryotic, but then again we've only recently finished Elytron whatever research (which needs a fat batch of Cryotic) before downsizing our clan. Yeah, that was really smart ... The 30k for Sibear really were quite a thing when I did it, but that was before the changes to speed up Excavation and before Relics and Fissures. So if I had to do it again, I'd look for a nice Lith fissure and just keep 'em coming.

I was talking with a couple Discord servers I'm on, and they kind of all agreed that somewhere around 20k-30k total Cryotic would be reasonable for the likes of a Warframe. Many of them mentioned the amount of Cryotic they've racked up from farming other things (The general amount I've seen from them is ~50-70k Cryotic), and even those that had very little Cryotic from dumping it into Sibear/Vauban Prime/Elytron or just not farming it often mentioned Fissures being really good for when you're low on it, saying that it's not all too big of a deal to farm for.

I'll still consider bringing it down somewhere between 20k-25k.

Edited by MissMarifire