The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Suggestion: Slug Shotgun

FunkyEntropy

We need more shotguns!  Since the ones we've got already have their own niche, I think a shotgun that fires slugs instead of pellets could be a place to expand the sorely limited field of shotties we have now.

What I'm looking for:

+High DMG (obscene burst, med~low dps)

+Armor Piercing or innate penetration

+Good accuracy

+quick or mediocre reload

+Maybe some form of stagger or knockback

-Very low magazing size (like 1~2 shots)

-Medium or slow ROF

Visuals:  Horizontal foregrip, big and meaty gun.

Audio:  This puppy roars like a cannon when it fires.

Edited by FunkyEntropy

Another Slug suggestion? Oh my.

It should have longer reload times like all the Shotguns(excluding Broncos). RoF shouldn't be too low or you might as well add a cannon instead. Also, as a slug it should have greatly increased damage falloff range compared to the other shotguns.

Another Slug suggestion? Oh my.

It should have longer reload times like all the Shotguns(excluding Broncos). RoF shouldn't be too low or you might as well add a cannon instead. Also, as a slug it should have greatly increased damage falloff range compared to the other shotguns.

hell, why not just add a canon to the game. Those would work WAY better than a measly shotgun.

hell, why not just add a canon to the game. Those would work WAY better than a measly shotgun.

That's silly.  Where would you find the horse to cart your cannon around?  You're in SPACE.  There are no more space-horses.  They died out years ago.

That's silly.  Where would you find the horse to cart your cannon around?  You're in SPACE.  There are no more space-horses.  They died out years ago.

Grineer have cloning technology right? Disposable space-horse time. Failing that we can just strap it to a Charger or two.

This is a great idea.

It should be able to deal high ignore armor damage in order to kill anything at any level by using 1~4 shots(with mods).

The weapon should also have increased damage falloff range compared to the other shotguns, even Hek.

To balance this weapon, it should have no polarities, and only one shot per magazine, meaning that you need to reload after you shoot every time.

The reloading speed should be faster than the charging speed of Paris but slower than that of Kunai.

It should be able to deal high ignore armor damage in order to kill anything at any level by using 1~4 shots(with mods).

The weapon should also have increased damage falloff range compared to the other shotguns, even Hek.

To balance this weapon, it should have no polarities, and only one shot per magazine, meaning that you need to reload after you shoot every time.

The reloading speed should be faster than the charging speed of Paris but slower than that of Kunai.

Then just make it a cannon that uses Shotgun mods

give it ammo drum look so it could have like 4 to 5 clip but instead reloading the mags it reloads by inserting one clip at a time...

Loading slug by slug into a tube would be an interesting change and make it seem more like a shotgun. With the Hek having 4 shells, the Strun with 6 and the Boar with 10, it should have a capacity of 5 to fit in I guess.

When i saw the topic name, this is the first thing that came up in my mind:

483842_103803543141519_216876664_n.jpg

My nephew watches this cartoon all day long if you let him...

Anyways, i like Slug weapons but im not shure a shotgun would be a nice weapon to use them. There are already too many projectile weapons currently in the game and i think they have been working on making more chemical/energy based weapons in current updates.

I was thinking of a weapon the other day that would be based on a Shotgun.

The Screamer:

Sonic Wave weapon. Low Fire Rate, Mid Reload time, no Spread, ignores armor, hits all enemies in a line, damage decreases with range.

Anyways, i like Slug weapons but im not shure a shotgun would be a nice weapon to use them. There are already too many projectile weapons currently in the game and i think they have been working on making more chemical/energy based weapons in current updates.

You want a weapon that fires slugs that isn't a shotgun? There are already too many projectile weapons? What?

5402369769_403a16b981.jpg

give us this shotty, give it 5-7 slug shot rounds, have it do high damage like a sniper rifle(1 hit shots at short range) make it semi auto. let us use it to murder everything with it i would love to use this please designers make this weapon please.

5402369769_403a16b981.jpg

give us this shotty, give it 5-7 slug shot rounds, have it do high damage like a sniper rifle(1 hit shots at short range) make it semi auto. let us use it to murder everything with it i would love to use this please designers make this weapon please.

I support this image, if only as a reskin of the Hek.

On topic:

A double barrel, eight gauge slug gun? I can see this being useful as hell.

+1