Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regular Warframe Skins to be added to Prime Warframes.

DreadedL1GHT

17 hours ago, MercuryDoll said:

You may have enough platinum to throw out the window to willingly buy 40 warframe slots, just to keep obsolete armors, most people don't. Keeping regular frames is from a gameplay standpoint dumb, since Primes are straight upgrades regardless how miniscule the stat-increases may be. The only thing regular frames have going for them is their visual design and i see no reason why we wouldn't be able to use the regular appearance on prime frames, considering we can already use other skins originally made for the regular variant on the prime versions. If you want to make it into a moneysink just let us "craft" an existing frame/weapon into a skin for the prime version.

I think they should charge you the 20 plat it would cost to get a slot instead.  

1 hour ago, Sonos said:

Nyx Prime looks fairly ridiculous.  And you cannot change the color of her stupid gold helmet. I'd rather wear the OG skin.

You can change it now!

2 hours ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

The idea is fine.

But the stat difference between Prime and original isn't really all that game changing. Just use the normal versions. 

Though may be true for most, but Warframe's such as Volt Prime and Sayrn Prime have a significant increase in their Armor rating (more noticeable for Volt Prime) and Energy pool, both starting at 200 base (300 max).

I'm not sure how important it is for Volt Prime/Vanilla, since I don't play him, but for Sayrn Prime's case, having 850 max energy makes such an important difference in how you build her and overall performance, it's pretty much night-and-day. In those cases I would say otherwise regarding your claim.

But as far as the OP's Topic is concerned: I mean I dont see why not but I also don't see this likely happening.

If they ever did change it so we could, I would definitely change Sayrn Prime's, and only Nyx Prime's body.

I like them both, but with Saryn, her vanilla looks much more put together, since I don't think they molded all the clunky parts on her Prime very well. Especially on the legs. This also applies to Nyx Prime as you can clearly see (for example) on her stomach/sides where they added like extra skin or armor or something and it really looks out of place. Even the gold on her arms you can see it was like they plastered it on like play-dough without smoothing it out so it would actually look like it was part of the model instead of two separate entities that as far as I'm concerned, is a bit...questionable. I wouldn't say lazy but I suppose one could argue that.

Anyway digressions aside, I don't see any particular reason why they couldn't do that, so I second your notion!

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/05/2016 at 1:42 PM, (XB1)FISTO ROBOT0 said:

To be fair, most prime frames just get a tiny buff. May as well just stick to the originals, and I you didn't like the prime as much, why get it?

In the case of ash prime for example, it saves you having to forma and level again. In the case of Volt Prime, it's an important buff imo.

On 10/05/2016 at 2:42 PM, (XB1)FISTO ROBOT0 said:

To be fair, most prime frames just get a tiny buff. May as well just stick to the originals, and I you didn't like the prime as much, why get it?

It doesn't matter how big the difference is. An advantage is an advantage, and as mentioned some frames benefit greatly from it. We can already use different body models, like the deluxe skins. It's just a matter of making the regular frame body available as cosmetic.

Totally agree that this should be an option. As far as implementation difficulty, I can't see it being any harder than allowing the prime warframes to use their respective deluxe skins so I don't see it out of the realm of possibility.