Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

warframe - Muramasa / Textured CG model

SweetCuppinCakes

New unofficial Warframe concept. I did not make this, I am just posting it for the original artist.

"Muramasa was a Japanese swordsmith known for making evil blades with a thirst for blood. He is equipped with the Oni Helm and Corrupted Blade with an infested core. Took a lot of influence from samurai armor and Japanese Woodblock designs." - https://www.artstation.com/artwork/dgeqA

janey-eager-eagerjane-warframe-wallpaper

janey-eager-eagerjane-greyscale-warframe

janey-eager-eagerjane-warframecolor-mura

Edited by SweetCuppinCakes

31 minutes ago, Deidaku said:

I.WANT.IT

THis looks just so professional! Any ideas for his abilities?

I'm not the artist, and I'm sure she has other ideas; but, I was feeling this frame should have an infested abilities list. I currently have too many ideas to make a coherent list. Maybe a final move could use infested tendrils to drag multiple enemies close and then finish them with a sword spin.

Super open to suggestions.

Edited by SweetCuppinCakes

29 minutes ago, SweetCuppinCakes said:

I'm not the artist, and I'm sure she has other ideas; but, I was feeling this frame should have an infested abilities list. I currently have too many ideas to make a coherent list. Maybe a final move could use infested tendrils to drag multiple enemies close and then finish them with a sword spin.

Super open to suggestions.

OH I see

Well he did a damn fine job.  That's actually a neat idea for an ability!

We also need to think about some skills that Excalibur can't mimic or replicate. Having 2 sword frames would be redundant x)

He could be a more agressive approach. Looking at the weird magic ball thing in his hand maybe he can combine the 2?

AS for an Idea for abilties I suggest a sword / magic user like Genesis from FF 7 Crisis core:

Afficher l'image d'origineAfficher l'image d'origine

Edited by Deidaku

@Sphetzlana

So like an infested Samurai? 

*straps on creative pants

1. Hariken

Muramasa performs a single twirl with his infested blade, striking all enemies within 5 meters proccinn viral and staggering enemies.

2. Torment

Muramasa sets forth 1-5 (not sure of good numbers to go along with ranking) parasites along the ground that find and burrow into the minds of Muramasa's enemies, causing them to switch to melee and attack their foes. Enemies affected by this take 3x damage from Viral elemental. 

3. Dorobo

Muramasa tendrils break free and attach to enemies (not sure how many, could be similar to link) up to 10 meters away (not sure if ability to increase range would be good, I have no ideas what numbers to go with haha) that rapidly drain health and restore a small amount of energy per enemy (3% per enemy linked per second). You are knockdown and cc resistant during this ala Link. The initial connection of the tendril to enemy stuns them momentarily.

4.Honor

Muramasa performs hari-Kari with his infested blade, halving his hp while granting him temporary immunity (up to 12 seconds) to damage (health drain stays after ability ends). His infested blood drives any and all enemies crazy with blood lust drawing agro up to 25 meters away. Enemies infected by his 2 gain a temporary invulnerability and a permanent damage buff and actively fight for him for the duration. Enemies killed while this is active get infected by his blood turning them onto their allies for a time.

tell me what you think! Switch around, tinker, or outright change whatever :) just having fun here 

i think high HP and armor would be fitting for him. Somewhere around Valkyrie level armor and maybe 800hp at max rank?

Edited by dthorn92
Forgot stuff

3 hours ago, dthorn92 said:

So like an infested Samurai? 

*straps on creative pants

1. Hariken

Muramasa performs a single twirl with his infested blade, striking all enemies within 5 meters proccinn viral and staggering enemies.

2. Torment

Muramasa sets forth 1-5 (not sure of good numbers to go along with ranking) parasites along the ground that find and burrow into the minds of Muramasa's enemies, causing them to switch to melee and attack their foes. Enemies affected by this take 3x damage from Viral elemental 

3. Dorobo

Muramasa tendrils break free and attach to enemies (not sure how many, could be similar to link) up to 10 meters away (not sure if ability to increase range would be good, I have no ideas what numbers to go with haha) that rapidly drain health and restore a small amount of energy per enemy. Provides knockdown and cc resistant like Link

4.Honor

Muramasa performs hari-Kari with his infested blade, halving his hp while granting him temporary immunity (up to 12 seconds) to damage (health drain stays after ability ends). His infested blood drives any and all enemies crazy with blood lust drawing agro up to 25 meters away. Enemies infected by his 2 gain a temporary invulnerability and a permanent damage buff and actively fight for him for the duration. Enemies killed while this is active get infected by his blood turning them onto their allies for a time.

tell me what you think! Switch around, tinker, or outright change whatever :) just having fun here 

i think high HP and armor would be fitting for him. Somewhere around Valkyrie level armor and maybe 800hp at max rank?

I agree with the skill set & the high armor & hp

4 hours ago, tennorod said:

I agree with the skill set & the high armor & hp

Thanks! Really tried to keep with theJapanese Samurai / infested concept without making him super magical. Two abilities use his sword without resorting to cheesy "Exalted Katana" and two use his infested traits, with a little synergy to top it off. I'm personally invested in seeing this frame come to fruition now haha

Edited by dthorn92

Thanks for creating the thread SweetCuppinCakes! I had no clue where/how to post this. Muramasa is my Warframe design. I do have some ideas for move set animations and themes based on his lore, but stat building is not my forte. I fall more into the creative-visual side. So, I am open to suggestions and help in fleshing him out into a well balanced and unique Warframe. If I get solid ideas for a move set developed, I'll draw out animation keys for everyone to check out. I can even rig him and do some animating/FX work in my spare time so you guys can see his move sets in action.

He's a melee/infested themed frame, and with his samurai armor he'd definitely have high shields and decent health stats.

I planned a sort of cursed blood ability or viral element that weakens/affects enemies to set him apart from Excalibur and to add a darker theme to his move set. Excalibur is a white knight of sorts, but Muramasa is more of demon. So added dark caster abilities would be beneficial.

For his final I definitely want to deal with Hari-Kari/Seppuku since his blades were rumored to drive the user mad and commit suicide. A health cut for a boost and creation of an AOE on enemies would be cool dthorn92, plus the timed possession in making enemies into allies goes with the demon theme. I like your move set's progression.

As I get suggestions and develop ideas I can draw up some concept sketches and post them to the thread. Once things get more concrete I'll start on some animation sets.

Here's a little bonus sketch I made for fun : a Warframe horse-creature themed to match Muramasa. (Hopefully I embedded it correctly, I don't know what I'm doing  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) What's a samurai without his trusted steed? It is a base frame that could be customized with various armor sets. I know they don't have any ride-able pets in game, but the idea was too fun to pass up. Thanks for checking out my frame! I'll keep posting more art updates and checking in on feedback.

853037_f171da5ad358472abd8000cc25148b30.

39 minutes ago, Sphetzlana said:

Thanks for creating the thread SweetCuppinCakes! I had no clue where/how to post this. Muramasa is my Warframe design. I do have some ideas for move set animations and themes based on his lore, but stat building is not my forte. I fall more into the creative-visual side. So, I am open to suggestions and help in fleshing him out into a well balanced and unique Warframe. If I get solid ideas for a move set developed, I'll draw out animation keys for everyone to check out. I can even rig him and do some animating/FX work in my spare time so you guys can see his move sets in action.

He's a melee/infested themed frame, and with his samurai armor he'd definitely have high shields and decent health stats.

I planned a sort of cursed blood ability or viral element that weakens/affects enemies to set him apart from Excalibur and to add a darker theme to his move set. Excalibur is a white knight of sorts, but Muramasa is more of demon. So added dark caster abilities would be beneficial.

For his final I definitely want to deal with Hari-Kari/Seppuku since his blades were rumored to drive the user mad and commit suicide. A health cut for a boost and creation of an AOE on enemies would be cool dthorn92, plus the timed possession in making enemies into allies goes with the demon theme. I like your move set's progression.

As I get suggestions and develop ideas I can draw up some concept sketches and post them to the thread. Once things get more concrete I'll start on some animation sets.

Here's a little bonus sketch I made for fun : a Warframe horse-creature themed to match Muramasa. (Hopefully I embedded it correctly, I don't know what I'm doing  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) What's a samurai without his trusted steed? It is a base frame that could be customized with various armor sets. I know they don't have any ride-able pets in game, but the idea was too fun to pass up. Thanks for checking out my frame! I'll keep posting more art updates and checking in on feedback.

Did you see my move set? Lemme know what you think! I'd love to contribute 

59 minutes ago, Sphetzlana said:

Well I have to admit your art is amazing  also love the horse maybe you can add it to the design and skill set & also I know this is a bit off topic & you don't have to do it if you don't wanna but can make some animating/fx for the skills set for some of my own ideas here are the link's 

15 hours ago, dthorn92 said:

Did you see my move set? Lemme know what you think! I'd love to contribute 

The first move makes for a good basic move, sword strike with a secondary viral effect and push back. It can get more power/distance with ranking without becoming useless. Helps keep his melee theme.

The second move that allows Muramasa to control enemies would be a weaker version of the last ability of mind control. I don't know if players would find the skill redundant, or useful because they can do a mind control move w/no buffs without an HP sacrifice. And it does take on the viral element as a bonus. This for me is the move that could be tweaked or possibly changed out depending on how other players feel about it.

The third move is a good compliment to the final. Allows the user to gain back health and energy. Energy/Health per enemy and distance could up with each ranking.

I agreed in my previous post with your last move idea Honor. I wanted seppuku to be used due to the lore of Muramasa's blades driving its users to commit suicide. I like the idea of an HP cut to provide some sort of boost or AOE. Enemy control could be useful. Duration, distance, and damage buff could increase with each rank up.

So 1,3,4 sound pretty solid as concepts for me. But 2 I'm not so sure about. Thanks for sharing your ideas! I think it's a great start.

Any infected enemies by Muramasa could give off an aura to show they are infected (black glow with red blood particles). Enemies under mind control could give off a special aura to underline aggro (red aura with red blood particles). It would allow the player to differentiate between friendly and infected. I'll draw up some examples.

I'm going to start looking into stats to build up numbers to attribute to his frame. If anyone has suggestions feel free to post.