Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good secondary weapon?

Czygen

Question

13 answers to this question

If you're a new player and have a low Mastery Rank, the AkStiletto is a nice secondary I would recommend. It's practical overall, har good accuracy, damage, and great reload speed, and you don't need to rely on crits that you need Primed mods for.

You need a Mastery Rank of at least 2 to get it, and its blueprint can only be obtained from Clan Research. So if you're not in a clan, you can't get it without platinum.

3 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

If you're a new player and have a low Mastery Rank, the AkStiletto is a nice secondary I would recommend. It's practical overall, har good accuracy, damage, and great reload speed, and you don't need to rely on crits that you need Primed mods for.

You need a Mastery Rank of at least 2 to get it, and its blueprint can only be obtained from Clan Research. So if you're not in a clan, you can't get it without platinum.

Thanks! 

Sonicor is amazing, get it.

Marelock is nice, but don't invest too much into it, there is a syndicate version which is better. If you like it, invest in the syndicate version.

Furis is "okay" with the syndicate mod, but to really make it work you need the Furis to be cata'd and well modded (and there are better weapons out there for a new player). So something you can work towards later once you have better grasp of the game and know if you want to invest that much into it. Same with the Viper.

I got uncharacteristically lucky and a Concealed Explosives mod dropped early on when I started, I used MK-1 Kunai and Kunai for awhile because of it.

I hear good things about the Lex as a starter weapon (only 50,000 credits to buy at the store). May want to start here, at worst you level it to 30 and aren't out any materials, but have some mastery rank under your belt from it.

Twin Grakata are another one of those "really good once you cata and mod them right" weapons, and it requires two Grakata to make (so you can level a primary weapon first before making one). As a secondary there isn't nearly as much recoil as there is when you are using just the Grakata primary.

Edited by Wopel

Telos Akboltos (my favorite weapon) are an amazing Syndicate weapon or the Akboltos if you can't get the syndicate version yet. They pack a punch versus Grineer. They're ammo-efficient and have high base damage that scales very well.

The Staticor is also another amazing secondary weapon that can deal a ton of damage.

Twin Grakatas, as someone mentioned, are a great secondary weapon that can deal a lot of burst damage.

The Furis with the Winds of Purity mod is so-so. It is highly ammo-inefficient. But, you can always store it away as your secondary and use it when you need more health. A single clip with that augment on will restore pretty much any warframe's health. It'll deal a decent amount of burst damage if you need it, but don't count on using it consistently on missions as your main weapon. It also needs a lot of investment to get decent damage out of it.

For a really new player, Lex is a good choice. I got it very early, because, well, it's pretty cheap (meaning you don't have to spend any resources) and the starters are pretty much useless. It's not one to keep forever, though, and building the Aklex won't help with that. You will have to get your hands on some Argon crystals or have access to clan research facilities to get the weapons worth keeping.

Gammacor is very useful against Corpus. There is a Syndicate version which is stronger, but that's nothing to be concerned about if you're just starting out.

Sonicor is awesome. You will have to mod it to deal heavy damage, but that's not what you get a Sonicor for. It ragdolls almost all enemies - they get thrown across the room and then thrown to the ground, so they won't be able to shoot back or defend themselves when you choose to enter melee combat. Or you just run past them, most opponents are too slow to catch up again. That means that it will even get you through levels and missions where you struggle to actually fight and kill all opponents.

I actually like Akzani, too. Dual full-auto pistols with questionable ammunition efficiency, but with a higher max ammo pool that most other Secondaries. Not too expensive, either. I still have mine and would still use them, if, well, Sonicor wasn't awesome.

On 4/30/2016 at 7:09 AM, Kutsus said:

Sonicor,

On 5/1/2016 at 0:54 AM, Wopel said:

Sonicor is amazing, get it.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Catalyst_Light said:

Sonicor all the way

4 hours ago, ll_Aluka_ll said:

Sonicor is awesome. You will have to mod it to deal heavy damage, but that's not what you get a Sonicor for. It ragdolls almost all enemies - they get thrown across the room and then thrown to the ground, so they won't be able to shoot back or defend themselves when you choose to enter melee combat. Or you just run past them, most opponents are too slow to catch up again. That means that it will even get you through levels and missions where you struggle to actually fight and kill all opponents.

2 hours ago, zNightWolfz said:

sonicor

Has anyone mentioned Sonicor yet? Ok... well, put my vote in for Sonicor.

I've put 5 forma in mine, which I grant you is a bit of an investment but that thing is a BEAST. You can literally use it as your primary all the way into end game. Clone mirage DPS build? Check (I actually used this for the Keyla boss fight and can burst her between stages so fast she never gets to act as long as I am in position when she lands), Support build for control on a support frame? Check. AOE damage? Check, Status? Check. Ammo efficient? Check. Single target DPS high enough to carry you? Check. Seriously, this is my go to weapon unless I need a specialty piece (Like a Winds of Purity Furis on my zero survivability speed farm ember to regain health... although now that we have Med-Ray that might be obsolete). It's good, really really good even without any forma investment, with proper investment it's a straight monster.

My Atomos, Lex Prime, Synoid Gammacor and Hikou Prime all gather dust most of the time. I finally got the last piece for Steel Merdian so I just need a couple more days to farm standing so I can buy and try out Vaykor Marelok, but I've heard good things about it. I've also heard good things about Rakta Ballistica and Staticor (researching in my dojo as we speak).

EDIT: Just wanted to add that Atomos would get an honorable mention from me. You can easily farm the extra range mod from the Jackal and make Atomos a very nasty sidearm. It hits the main target and then shoots out chained bolts to secondary targets nearby. The range increase mod increases the range of the second bolts as well. Respectable single target damage and great AOE and easily acquirable. But seriously... Sonicor.

Edited by ZenVoid