Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Am Sick Of Defense Heroes.

Alohoe

If you're trying to farm defense rewards to get a certain mod ( thunderbolt, master thief ) it makes more sense to take something like a Banshee and simply trump huge waves if you can. The less time spent killing waves, the faster you get to a wave reward. The rhino trying to melee everything to death doesn't cut it.

It's not fun, I agree, but that's how it is.

If you spend 2 minutes longer in each mission and have fun you'll be much less likely to burn yourself out.

Yeah I don't know when standing in that hallway became a thing, its absolutley idiotic considering they come to you. Why these people want to make teammates run around looking for pickups is beyond me. Maybe they think number of kills matters or something? In any case I'm glad I got my Thunderbolt and never have to look at Xini again.

Yeah I don't know when standing in that hallway became a thing, its absolutley idiotic considering they come to you. Why these people want to make teammates run around looking for pickups is beyond me. Maybe they think number of kills matters or something? In any case I'm glad I got my Thunderbolt and never have to look at Xini again.

I'm not so sure myself. I've yet to meet someone who even gave half a damn about their kill count that are the kinds of people I would actually want to play with. They are too concerned with personal glory to just play and have fun with the team.... and it's even funnier that without even caring or trying I've done more than most in this game (still a little bummed resetting removed all my account info... annoying to have people talk to me like I'm new lol).

This issue, like rushing / exploring etc etc is really an etiquette issue... IMHO if you don't want to do what your group is doing don't run public... Simple.

The objective of the mission is to defend the pod. That's why it is a DEFENSE map not a KILL map.

Actually, in a public game you *should* be changing your playstyle to suit the group and if you have a preference then you should be running alone or private. When you're in a pub match you're limited on communication so you should do the "when in rome" thing rather than the "I do what I want" thing as a matter of etiquette. In private matches you can arrange for your particular playstyle with people who are like-minded.

You pretty much just said what i said with a lot more words.

So.... ok?

Just to clear things up, I am not saying stand on the pod, or 10 feet from it.  I am saying do not kill infested at spawn points or even near them.  Let them at least get close enough to the group so we can share some xp.  That is all.

I get the OP points clearly i hate that, but we can't make people play how we want them to play. May suck balls, but its true :/

Just gotta let the pod die a few times until they realize the objective isn't to mass kills but to keep our chilly friend intact.

stop trying to level your warframe by only doing defense missions.

Why? Show me a way to get faster xp and I'm down charlie brown.  I've max forma'd 9 frames and several weapons.  Defense is the fastest way if you break wave 10.  To all those tying to raise your kill count and do not care about xp, go solo.  If you do not care about the rest of the group, then you should not need us to back you up on the cryo. 

Just to clear things up, I am not saying stand on the pod, or 10 feet from it.  I am saying do not kill infested at spawn points or even near them.  Let them at least get close enough to the group so we can share some xp.  That is all.

What's the range on XP? I didnt think there was range on Defense maps cause they arent that big. Hek the way the reactor defense one is built defeats the purpose of shared exp because the Grineer version has them taking cover a loooong distance away.

You pretty much just said what i said with a lot more words.

So.... ok?

lol... Not sure if maybe English isn't your first language...

Either you didn't get that I said basically the opposite of what you said or there was a misunderstanding with what you were trying to say in rebuttal to the other guy that was basically saying what I did. Or you just didn't read what I actually wrote.

We are, however, both saying that if you want to play a certian way and have everyone on the same page play private or solo... but you missed the point of what I said, that if you play in public you should not be playing your way unless it meshes with the group. You SHOULD expect to play to suit the group and they SHOULD be playing the same way.

One guy running away from the pod to go deep in the fray isn't doing that; a whole team doing that is just... well... stupid and destined to fail.

What's the range on XP? I didnt think there was range on Defense maps cause they arent that big. Hek the way the reactor defense one is built defeats the purpose of shared exp because the Grineer version has them taking cover a loooong distance away.

It's rather small actually. I heard it's around 60m but I can't confirm that for sure.

Just gotta let the pod die a few times until they realize the objective isn't to mass kills but to keep our chilly friend intact.

Dont you...... you know... keep chilly intact by...... you know..... killing

Why? Show me a way to get faster xp and I'm down charlie brown.  I've max forma'd 9 frames and several weapons.  Defense is the fastest way if you break wave 10.  To all those tying to raise your kill count and do not care about xp, go solo.  If you do not care about the rest of the group, then you should not need us to back you up on the cryo. 

This is the same exact silliness are the rushers.

"Getting the mission done is the most efficient way to get X,Y,Z. If you want to open lockers and break container you do it alone."

Like i said above, either you communicate this with the players or you play with friends. People dont read minds so they dont magically know how you want to play a mission.

Dont you...... you know... keep chilly intact by...... you know..... killing

This is the same exact silliness are the rushers.

"Getting the mission done is the most efficient way to get X,Y,Z. If you want to open lockers and break container you do it alone."

Like i said above, either you communicate this with the players or you play with friends. People dont read minds so they dont magically know how you want to play a mission.

I just figure it should be obvious that your group didn't join the mission so they could stand on the cryo-pod and wait for you to kill everything.

lol... Not sure if maybe English isn't your first language...

Either you didn't get that I said basically the opposite of what you said or there was a misunderstanding with what you were trying to say in rebuttal to the other guy that was basically saying what I did. Or you just didn't read what I actually wrote.

We are, however, both saying that if you want to play a certian way and have everyone on the same page play private or solo... but you missed the point of what I said, that if you play in public you should not be playing your way unless it meshes with the group. You SHOULD expect to play to suit the group and they SHOULD be playing the same way.

One guy running away from the pod to go deep in the fray isn't doing that; a whole team doing that is just... well... stupid and destined to fail.

Exactly, so a guy making a thread so people play his way on random public games because he wants to is extreme silliness.

Some people are going to keys or mods so they want to clear quick, some people are farming, some people just need to beat the mission to get to the next area, etc, etc, etc. And everyone must adjust to his style because he is in the game? GTHO.

I believe this is mainly a map design issue.

When you have a central objective and several spawn points, you expect ennemies to come from several streams to build a river.

Here, the opposite happens: ennemies spawn in one point, all gathered, then scatter, take hours to arrive at the objective though several ways, often arriving one by one.

If the core was the only point where ennemies would be gathered, arriving in mass at the same time, everyone would be there. Right now, not killing them at the spawn just increases the difficulty and the time it takes to kill them ; that's just a bad design.

Edited by Mazikeen

Exactly, so a guy making a thread so people play his way on random public games because he wants to is extreme silliness.

Some people are going to keys or mods so they want to clear quick, some people are farming, some people just need to beat the mission to get to the next area, etc, etc, etc. And everyone must adjust to his style because he is in the game? GTHO.

I think you're reading a different thread.

He's talking about the people who leave everyone else to defend the pod while they go to the spawn.

Also, the only benefit to doing that is to hog the kills... it doesn't make it faster (it often makes it SLOWER) and it actually robs progress of the rest of the group because of exp and drop loss unless they leave the pod and risk losing the match.

I believe this is mainly a map design issue.

When you have a central objective and several spawn points, you expect ennemies to come from several streams to build a river.

Here, the opposite happens: ennemies spawn in one point, all gathered, then scatter, take hours to arrive at the objective though several ways, often arriving one by one.

If the core was the only point where ennemies would be gathered, arriving in mass at the same time, everyone would be there. Right now, not killing them at the spawn just increases the difficulty and the time it takes to kill them ; that's just a bad design.

What?

So much easier to kill them near the pod and get them all with frame skills and you're not screwing the people who actually do go after the objective than it is to rush to the spawns and even in the spawns they don't all converge in one spot if you're actually using, you know, teamwork.

It's far more efficient to have people at the choke points and or laneing than it is for people to scatter off any maybe leave one person to defend the pod.