Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Huge fps drop after the Operation Rathuum /18.10.0 update?

pancakes247

Question

Hey everyone.

As the title says, I've been getting a big performance drop after the Operation Rathuum update.

And yeah, my game runs smoothly before that update.

Does anyone else has this problem too? Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance!

15 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, pancakes247 said:

Hey everyone.

As the title says, I've been getting a big performance drop after the Operation Rathuum update.

And yeah, my game runs smoothly before that update.

Does anyone else has this problem too? Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance!

No fps drops here. What are your system specs <-- would give better insight. Without system specs I would advice you to buy a new computer :)

When we got Razorback event people were complaining about similar drops. Maybe missiles and smoke causing this? And I see the same with Kela assassination (performance bug reports).

With executioner part I haven't heard people experiencing fps problems: more stable than Draco. So if you would be bit more specific...?

Edited by carnaga

No fps drops here. What are your system specs <-- would give better insight. Without system specs I would advice you to buy a new computer :)

When we got Razorback event people were complaining about similar drops. Maybe missiles and smoke causing this? And I see the same with Kela assassination (performance bug reports).

With executioner part I haven't heard people experiencing fps problems: more stable than Draco. So if you would be bit more specific...?

My specs:

i5-4210M 2.6GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 940M 2GB

4GB RAM

Windows 8.1 64-bit

And no, the fps drop is not limited to the event only. I have this problem in other missions too (Sorties, Draco etc.).

Edited by pancakes247

Try tinkering with graphic settings, see if lower quality effects and textures yield performance boosts. Check your CPU & GPU load together, how both of those components work with each other (should be doing fine, this is a "just in case" thing).

32 minutes ago, pancakes247 said:

My specs:

i5-4210M 2.6GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 940M 2GB

4GB RAM

Windows 8.1 64-bit

And no, the fps drop is not limited to the event only. I have this problem in other missions too (Sorties, Draco etc.).

No need for a new computer :)

In fact I had an evolution engine crash yesterday just after hotfix 18.10.2 (or was it 18.10.3). Was returning the coordinates to syndicate and while going through New Loka / Steel Meridian and their menus the game crashed. Last time this happened was about 4 months ago when I was swapping between DSR settings while having nVidia Share and Steam overlay both on. And I've limited fps to 120 (60 hz monitor). The issue with overlays and DSR things were fixed by nVidia.

So you might be in-to some game related stuff. I run with Win10, 64-bit, i5-4690K @ 3.50GHz + 16GB DDR3 + GTX 960 4Gb + 2x SSD 250 GB. And with 364.72 aka Oculus VR drivers.

You could try nVidia Doom/Mirrors Edge Catalyst Hotfix drivers v. 364.96 if they improve the performance (?)
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4086/~/geforce-hot-fix-driver-version-364.96

Otherwise I would suggest to write a performance bug report. Or ask a moderator to move this thread to performance bug section.

Edited by carnaga

Thank you guys for your replies!

Let me note a few things:

I have NOT touched any settings after the update. The fps drop came by itself. I have not done anything that triggers the performance loss.

I have already tried optimizing my game. The problem still exists.

Also, honestly I don't think I should touch anything related to my drivers. You know how they say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". I really doubt that its my driver's fault on this problem.

EDIT: I've tried running my other game. FPS is still the same. I doubt that my driver is the problem here.

Edited by pancakes247

When it comes to graphics you want to keep those up to date. But being that you are running a laptop you may

actually be having a heat issue.Try taking some caned air and blowing out your laptops in and out air holes. Aside from that I have a laptop with similar but older than yours I have no fps drop on that. And of course on my desk top I have no fps drop at all.

12 hours ago, Tasha71822 said:

When it comes to graphics you want to keep those up to date. But being that you are running a laptop you may

actually be having a heat issue.Try taking some caned air and blowing out your laptops in and out air holes. Aside from that I have a laptop with similar but older than yours I have no fps drop on that. And of course on my desk top I have no fps drop at all.

I can assure you that my laptop has no heating problems. I even have an external fan under it and I'm playing in an air conditioning room.

5 hours ago, pancakes247 said:

I've asked my friend and he has the same problem as me. :/ 

Ok, now I experienced some issues with mouse and warfame. It's not related to FPS or performance but dxinput (or what ever you might call it).

You may want to check this:

On 01.05.2016 at 11:20 PM, Tasha71822 said:

Overheating shouldn't be the problem, since I have my laptop running 80C on CPU & GPU without having any stuttering, framedrops or whatever else, and nearly everything's maxed (I don't remember if I have AA on or not).

Just so you know 80c is just over 175 Fahrenheit. For an AMD rig that would start to cause problems. And there is a 3rd part in your computer that hates heat and that is the HDD (hard drive disk). HDD's do not like it when you get them over 65c give or take. 

In Desk tops this is usually not an issue as the HDD is separated from all the heat generating parts but on a lap top it is crammed in there with them and there is no way to separate them. Personally my suggestion would be to turn everything down to absolute lowest settings and uncheck Direct-X entirely in the enitial start screen along with putting Vsinc to on position. Yeah there are probably some problems just because of the update that are effecting lower end computers. Hope this helps bro.