Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Place To Farm Rare Mods

Zebrahhh

Question

I've been farming random survival and defence missions for day, yet only rare mod  I got was a kurbow mod called Bite. I also got damaged mods but I dont relly want to waste credit on them. What is the best mission to farm rare mods?

4 answers to this question

Try some high level excavations, that one on Pluto(Hieracon) is a good way to farm some mods, and cryotic. Interceptions is a good place too, you may get some rare drops from the mobs, because there are many of them on interceptions.

Survival/Defense/Interception are endless gamemodes that spawn the most enemies so those are probably the easiest way to do it the actual chance of getting a rare mod is the same regardless but if you're still getting cracked mods (I think those only drop in the Vor's Prize quest) then I'd suggest you finish the first few starting quests before worrying about them

Your chances are better when running long/endless missions or raids repeatedly. More enemies = more chances to drop something. Having a Nekros or a Hydroid with Pilfering Swarm in your squad helps too as they can get additional loot which includes mods (Ivara's pickpocket to a lesser and slower extent as well)

The basic tenet of RNG rewards though is the harder you look for something, the harder it often seems to obtain. My advice is to just play a variety of missions for fun, and maybe run a lot of Void missions for Prime parts. You can always trade these for mods or for platinum to buy mods you need via Trading.

Good luck and happy gaming, Tenno.

Edited by DaftMeat