Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Won't Start

GinKenshin

Hoi Tenno, 

So my dad has a Sony Xperia Z5 premium (he likes sony. I don't know why >.>) and he forgot the phone plugged in to the charger while he went to bed. and when he woke up, the phone wouldn't start, there was a blue light on the top left corner of the phone and now that is gone too. 

I understand that this is a problem with almost all of Sony's phones. Anyone have any info on how to fix this? I've seen some videos doing something to the phone like removing the back or heating it up or stuff. I don't really wanna do that because it might break. 

Any info or tips are welcome. 

Thank You 

Edited by Kenshin98

Blue light is usually for system stuff or for Facebook. 

Try plugging the phone back into the charger on a couple of different power points. If the charge light comes on you have a software issue which can be resolved by resetting the phone. If no light comes on your power circuit is rekt and you'll need to replace the phone. 

Best bet is to take it back to wherever you got it from and get a replacement under warranty. If they ask, just say it randomly stopped working. Opening the phone or trying the heat method usually voids the warranty, so avoid those.

I've got the original Xperia Z, have had no issues with it. Best phone I've ever had. 

5 minutes ago, Sixty5 said:

Try plugging the phone back into the charger on a couple of different power points. If the charge light comes on you have a software issue which can be resolved by resetting the phone. If no light comes on your power circuit is rekt and you'll need to replace the phone. 

Best bet is to take it back to wherever you got it from and get a replacement under warranty. If they ask, just say it randomly stopped working. Opening the phone or trying the heat method usually voids the warranty, so avoid those.

I've got the original Xperia Z, have had no issues with it. Best phone I've ever had. 

the back of my z3 is shattered and i haven't done anything to do that to it T_T i keep it in a case and everything T_T

13 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

hmmm that's how you hard reset the z3. where the sim card goes, there should be a reset button aswell. try that?

there's no button in that area. thanks for the help though 

5 minutes ago, Sixty5 said:

I've tried charging it on different points, but no charge light was seen. I guess it's the power circuit then. I'll try to take it back tomorrow. good thing we didn't try opening the phone though. thank you very much for the help 

my older brother was going for the new Xperia X coming this summer(?) but my dad just told him to get n iphone or something other than Sony XD 

but glad to see some people having no problems. I've read a lot had the same issues with all of the Z modules 

4 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

the back of my z3 is shattered and i haven't done anything to do that to it T_T i keep it in a case and everything T_T

I brought my phone in august 2013 and haven't had a single issue with it. The only damage is a small scratch on the screen due to me dropping a mechanical pencil onto it by accident. 

1 minute ago, Kenshin98 said:

there's no button in that area. thanks for the help though 

I've tried charging it on different points, but no charge light was seen. I guess it's the power circuit then. I'll try to take it back tomorrow. good thing we didn't try opening the phone though. thank you very much for the help 

my older brother was going for the new Xperia X coming this summer(?) but my dad just told him to get n iphone or something other than Sony XD 

but glad to see some people having no problems. I've read a lot had the same issues with all of the Z modules 

Yeah, never mess around with any device until the warranty is expired. And as far as a new phone goes, honestly get whatever you like the feel of best. 

Every brand has their problems. 

2 hours ago, Sixty5 said:

I brought my phone in august 2013 and haven't had a single issue with it. The only damage is a small scratch on the screen due to me dropping a mechanical pencil onto it by accident. 

Yeah, never mess around with any device until the warranty is expired. And as far as a new phone goes, honestly get whatever you like the feel of best. 

Every brand has their problems. 

i've only had it for a year, other than the occasional slowdown and the crack on the back that i'm sure was my fault, no real issues. Although i am thinking of going with the galaxy s7 edge in the near future

38 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

i've only had it for a year, other than the occasional slowdown and the crack on the back that i'm sure was my fault, no real issues. Although i am thinking of going with the galaxy s7 edge in the near future

Did you root yours?

I noticed a rather big improvement after removing half the crap that comes packaged with the phone.