Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo - I shoulda read the Wiki

magusat999

Yeah, so I was playing Limbo for the Kela event, (the Assassination). I thought - yeah, I know how to play Limbo. I raised him all the way up months ago, and even made some custom builds... I ran him at low level areas just to familiarize myself again. And then took him for a spin in the event.

So it was the part where Kela starts firing Orbital Missiles while you better figure out that puzzle or it will never stop. This i s why I brought Limbo...  So the missiles fired and they didn't hit us, because I casted Cataclysm.

And then the missiles were over... and Cataclysm was still there... I was like... aww man. My duration is too long. Gotta adjust that. The other players were like... "umm, Limbo... Cataclysm?" i was like... "ummm duration? duhhhh..."

To show you how sharp I was - this happened three times. I kept taking down Continuity, thinking that is the solution... I was so sharp if I was a pencil someone would have cracked me in two and threw me in the wastebasket...

So I was frustrated with this Cataclysm thing. It was messing up the mission. Or was it just ME messing up the mission??? i switched to Frost, which was okay until I played without Limbo... I did learn to get underneath the stage, so actually in the end Limbo is a help but not a complete necessity - as long as other player know that. BUT that does take time out of doing the puzzle. Best to have Frost AND Limbo for maximum protection...

Anyswell, I started to slowly notice something... Either the other Limbo players have their mods specifically tuned for the perfect duration... Or i missed something. Seemed like Cataclysm was coming up and going away in perfect timing... But guess what - I STILL didn't get it.

TODAY, which is the next day after my Limbo experience. It suddenly dawned on me... "Can Limbo turn off Cataclysm at will???". i asked in chat and someone said.. "Yes, idiot... check the wiki sometimes...". Well actually they didn't say all that but the voices in my head screamed the defaming part at me after  he told me "Yes, press 4...". So  FINALLY, I went to the wiki... and yes - the voices were right, I should have checked the wiki... But it's hard when you think you know already!

Edited by magusat999