Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dismiss With The Shared Xp Range.

OriKlein

Greetings.

My presumption is that this is simply a result of netcode designed to cut packet traffic and cease transmitting information pertaining to things occurring around a certain player who is outside the scope of the others.

That is all good and well. I simply request that the KILL XP parameter(s) is extracted from that bundle and is transmitted globally at all times so it matters not whether a player is half way across the map or five meters to the side.

Afterall, this is a cooperative game. A four-person squad game.

There is no reason to limit the sharing of kill xp.

Best Regards,

Edited by OriKlein

The reason is to encourage people to stick together, I thought..

This, in a nutshell. In all honesty, there would be very little extra packet data sent (if at all) considering that the enemy still gets marked as killed on all clients no matter the range, and the action of an enemy killed within range would be what's pushing out the XP. It would be redundant, in the method specified in the OP.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

I can allready see the effects of that change! Dbags going AFK after logging in public game and there will soon be BOT program to do it for you, while in work/school.

I hope you get the point! It is a co-operative game after all!

I actually like this idea. Would alleviate the issue of rushers hogging all of the XP. As for the idler/bot issue, there are ways to solve that. For example, after about 30 seconds of idle time or no input, a user could be marked "idle" and gain no shared XP. Upon detecting input, they would no longer be marked idle, but would be required to move within range of another player's confirmed kill in order to begin receiving shared XP once more.

What if there is a kinda bonus xp added like in %, which gives more, the more people there is?

It could potentially just nake people follow you around, but could maybe, just maybe make people think different.

Any thoughts on such kinda system?

Limited range causes slow players to miss out on xp gained by rushers

Global range causes afkers

It's a lose lose.

Rushers don't kill much though. It's why they manage to get ahead so fast. :V

I actually like this idea. Would alleviate the issue of rushers hogging all of the XP. As for the idler/bot issue, there are ways to solve that. For example, after about 30 seconds of idle time or no input, a user could be marked "idle" and gain no shared XP. Upon detecting input, they would no longer be marked idle, but would be required to move within range of another player's confirmed kill in order to begin receiving shared XP once more.

this seems legit.you sort every problem and solve them all by yourself :D

Hehe. Good point :)

But I was lumping spawn campers into the Rushers category since they cannot be bothered to wait for the enemies to come to the pod/console.

There's also those who rush boss runs and kill the boss before the team even gets close.

Not so much with a potatoed + 4 forma on a gun with maxed multishot, firerate and dmg... You can pretty much clean a room while rushing D=

Energy Syphon and Flow allows some frames to spawn ults... which takes a cuple seconds, then return to rush-sliding.

One of the "main" problems is some low lv missions are flaged as resource farms and high lvs join them with a bunch of low lv players that still learning to play the game, and eat dust due resource farm/mission rushing.

...One of the "main" problems is some low lv missions are flaged as resource farms and high lvs join them with a bunch of low lv players that still learning to play the game, and eat dust due resource farm/mission rushing.

Thing is you can do Mars Boss or Pluto boss for say Morphics, just that Mars boss is so much easier/faster to get done with, so there you go. Ofc the most overpowered players out there might aswell just rush pluto boss solo and 1 shot pretty much everything that gets IN they way.

Another thing is Jupiter Boss whos farmed for cells, you can solo him yeah, but it's not very nice to do so if you can't like 1-5 shot him to death since he uses his stupid aura on you so most ppl can't even solo farm the dude and have to ruin pub games.

Edited by scavenge

Personally, I usually farm bosses solo, since it goes faster that way.

However, I often have clanners who tag along.

Sometimes, rarely, I do it with other random people (who usually are farming too, as it so happens, and we end up doing a few rounds together and maybe become friends).

As for AFK leechers, there are ways to deal with them if and when. Also, it means they'll be missing on mods/resources and such so they're in it for XP. Which usually mean a mobile or stationary defence mission. And in those you can already AFK leech just the same, usually.

Best Regards,