The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Insane FPS lag when moving the camera around.

Balesk-Baj

I could try to adjust my aim and it takes a lot longer to register the input than when it normally should. Either that or whenever I try to navigate myself through the mission, I happen to come across this nasty FPS lag while doing so. Restarting the game fixes this but it usually decides to come back after 30-40 minutes or even hours of gameplay. Just an FYI, the frame issue goes when I never move the camera at all (i.e showing off my Warframe on the Liset, it just runs at 60 FPS no problem.) But when I move the camera around, the frame dips to 10-25 fps. This is really annoying when you're going through an insane grind. Any way to help this problem?

My system:  Win10, 64-bit, i5-4690K @ 3.50GHz + 16GB DDR3 + GTX 960 4Gb + 2x SSD 250 GB. And with 364.72 aka Oculus VR drivers.

I can partially confirm this. I play with gamepad and did a long solo run on Rathuum endless (We talk about 4+ hour run with menu/pause). Meanwhile doing so I noticed something weird happening with my mouse. Luckily I play with a gamepad. I didn't experience problems with FPS, but with mouse dxinput (or something). When I had few pauses from the solo long run I alt-tabbed to desktop the mouse worked fine in the desktop. But in game and menus, it was like having litter in the mouse sensor. It moved sluggish. You could call (or mistake) it as performance drop but fps doesn't dip.

This was the first time ever to happen - I have done several long runs. And sometimes I leave my character to liset not closing the game while doing irl stuff without similar issues.

Tested this with three different mousesOKt7SNb.jpg

Spoiler

5IKanMX.jpg

cT8C0gC.jpg

Edited by carnaga

21 hours ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

One question.

Are you using a Laptop?
You may be experiencing Throttling: A Laptop CPU's way of keeping itself safe from burning out, clock speeds sink and overall performance takes a huge hit.

I'm using a desktop and this has never happened before U18.5. If it were to throttle, the game still should cause the mouse lag even as I restart and continue playing but it tends to go away instantly.

2 hours ago, BBlaz said:

I'm using a desktop and this has never happened before U18.5. If it were to throttle, the game still should cause the mouse lag even as I restart and continue playing but it tends to go away instantly.

So that isn't the issue, hmmm.

Which DirectX Options are checked in the Launcher when you start Warframe?
Only DX11 should be checked.

I can confirm that my mouse has also been acting up in warframe alone(It started to feel sluggish to use), and insane FPS drop aswell (I normally have 30 to 40 now i only get 10 to 20, it's pretty hard for me to play now.) All of these have been happening since the new update. Glad to know I'm not alone in this ._.