Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee mods for damage (namely: Redeemer charge shot)

Tomppak

Question

So, after doing some digging and reading through different melee mods -
I'm not really keen on using channeling with melee weapon, though I've understood that it would make my melee a lot more effective. That being said, I'm mainly using the redeemer for the charge shot, and not really swinging it around all that much. For these reasons, I left out channeling mods and tried to focus on purely improving the effectiveness of the charged shot.

Idea for the build so far: High Noon (the only stance), Pressure Point and Spoiled Strike (to maximize damage), Fury (to counteract the drawback of spoiled strike), Fever Strike and Shocking Touch (for corrosive damage and proc), Virulent Strike (to increase said damage and raise the status chance) and Vicious Frost (for total status chance of 22% and added damage, plus utility against shields). Remaining: 1 slot and 9 capacity, assuming a catalyst and maxed stance, no formas (and maxed other mods, though it will take me quite some time to get there ^_^)

Questions:
Does every pellet has a chance to proc corrosive status? If all 10 connect, that's roughly 2 procs, reducing target armour to about 56% of what it was, correct?
Corrosive has a duration of 8 second vs Tenno. Is it permanent against mobs?
What should I put in the last slot?
Does Reach reduce the damage falloff of the charged shot? If not, is it otherwise worth considering?
Should I use Jagged edge (or rather, Buzz Kill)? To my understanding, it doesn't affect the charge shot which deals only blast damage, but it would help a lot with regular melee attacks, right?
Should I put North Wind in the last slot to increase the cold damage output? Or Fire to create Blast (or Volcanic Edge to further increase the status chance to 28%)? Is that redundant, given that the weapon already deals blast damage as the base type?

1 answer to this question

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Redeemer

"The maximum range of the charged attack is affected by Reach.

While the Redeemer has a very low listed Status and Critical Chance, the shotgun blast calculates the chances for both individually for each pellet, thus making the weapon's actual Status and Critical Chance with its ranged charged attack much higher than listed."

So if you are purely use it for its charge attack, why not add ele/status proc.

Not sure about proc stacking, as far as I understand it, its a base effect, so yes, you might have a much higher chance of status to proc, Corrosive your case, but the amount of armor reduced will remain the same as per Corrosive (-25% armor).

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Status_Effect

Duration: That wiki description says on proc page, that is permanent. Never noticed, but in serious doubt. If correct, long live corrosive procs! XD

About Jagged edge/Buzz Kill: Elemental dmg combo gives you more dmg, so best to increase ele dmg you are currently already using.

Edited by Souldend78