Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grind? Or Waste Of Time?

inthephonebox

<rant>

I know this has seen previous threads, but its a serious problem that needs to be continually brought up until something is done about it. I am currently trying to make both the Kestral and the Reaper Prime, that's 8 Morphics and 10 Orokin Cells.  I have been "farming" for days and have a grand total of 2 morphics and 1 orokin cell. That one O Cell I picked up just now after 2 hours of grinding Tephys. 

Before anyone says anything, I am plenty used to games with grinds, and usually I don't mind because I always feel I am slowly making a difference. I'm a big fan of Dark Souls and plenty of JRPGs that are big on level grinding. 

I also am away this game revolves around RNG. I am familiar with this concept as well, having player pretty much every English Fire Emblem game. But even random number generators include preferences, thus how we get our rarity system in this game. 

I don't know what happened, or when it changed, but I remember being able to get a boss's "rare" once every two or three  runs. I don't think there is anything wrong with that, it is a BOSS for crying out loud! And with the material cost of weapons going through the roof recently I am not sure why they also decided to drastically decrease drop rate. 

I also know I am not the only one who is getting fed up with this. 

I love this game. I've put almost 200 hours into it already, am a master founder (as you can see to the left) and own many weapons and warframes. I've enjoyed the work it takes to get them up to this points....

but right now it just feels like I am wasting my time.

</end rant>

<rant>

I know this has seen previous threads, but its a serious problem that needs to be continually brought up until something is done about it. I am currently trying to make both the Kestral and the Reaper Prime, that's 8 Morphics and 10 Orokin Cells.  I have been "farming" for days and have a grand total of 2 morphics and 1 orokin cell. That one O Cell I picked up just now after 2 hours of grinding Tephys. 

Before anyone says anything, I am plenty used to games with grinds, and usually I don't mind because I always feel I am slowly making a difference. I'm a big fan of Dark Souls and plenty of JRPGs that are big on level grinding. 

I also am away this game revolves around RNG. I am familiar with this concept as well, having player pretty much every English Fire Emblem game. But even random number generators include preferences, thus how we get our rarity system in this game. 

I don't know what happened, or when it changed, but I remember being able to get a boss's "rare" once every two or three  runs. I don't think there is anything wrong with that, it is a BOSS for crying out loud! And with the material cost of weapons going through the roof recently I am not sure why they also decided to drastically decrease drop rate. 

I also know I am not the only one who is getting fed up with this. 

I love this game. I've put almost 200 hours into it already, am a master founder (as you can see to the left) and own many weapons and warframes. I've enjoyed the work it takes to get them up to this points....

but right now it just feels like I am wasting my time.

</end rant>

I totally agree with you. Right now I want to make my sexy <33 Banshee <333 and Trinity <333. I have Banshee Chassis and System now I need Helmet but Helmet is so damn hard to get those days... I farmed more then 50 runs. And only Chassis or System.

Same with Trinity I got Chassis and System <--- (but for the System to be build I need Control Module)

I farmed Hyapna or whatever that @(*()&#036; robot spider is called. Only trash. No rare material. Just making me mad :( . Like you.

The drop chances should be buffed. It just takes sooo much time to earn a single rare for example: Control Module

For 7 hours I got  nothin just nothin... I'm on the edge to explode.

For 7 hours I could earn more then 30+ Void keys...

DE should think before they change anything e.e

Control Modules, don't get me started.

To make it worse is the bug where only the host gets the resource rewards. I ran almost a dozen runs over the last 24hrs and I ended up with 0 control modules. Not a damn one in a dozen successful missions.

FAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Check this S#&$:

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4649/2013061300001r.jpg

That Was AFTER THE HOTFIX

God dammit DE you give us only bugz QQ

Edited by demonaii

I've found 8 control modules on a reset account and have never killed Hyena. You can find them easily enough just doing defenses normal missions in Neptune, while simultaneously gathering Ferrite and Fieldron etc. It's way less aggravating than rushing to kill one enemy over and over again. Same thing with Morphics O-cells and Neural Sensors. The only material that doesn't drop reliably from enemies and lockers is Neurodes.

Virtually every time I've intentionally farmed for Control Modules I got 1-2 from a single Neptune defense to wave 10.

Edited by Ryjeon

I've found 8 control modules on a reset account and have never killed Hyena. You can find them easily enough just doing defenses normal missions in Neptune, while simultaneously gathering Ferrite and Fieldron etc. It's way less aggravating than rushing to kill one enemy over and over again. Same thing with Morphics O-cells and Neural Sensors. The only material that doesn't drop reliably from enemies and lockers is Neurodes.

Virtually every time I've intentionally farmed for Control Modules I got 1-2 from a single Neptune defense to wave 10.

Are you freaking damn sure? I don't want to waste another 12 hours farming S#&amp;&#036;

Are you freaking damn sure? I don't want to waste another 12 hours farming S#&$

Absolutely, I've made multiple items and sentinels from Control Modules found by farming Neptune defenses normally. Be sure to open lockers and look around for enemy material drops.

Control modules are not really an issue, not for me. Sure they are rare, and I have seen a decrease in their respective boss's drop rate of them, as every other rare, but I swear O Cells are the worst. I can go days of farming them and not see one, then get two in a row and go another couple days without seeing any. Morphics aren't much better but they do tend to drop more frequently from normal enemies. 

Really my biggest complaint its just that they messed with a system that was working and fair. There was nothing wrong with the grind as it used to be. I don't mind working for my stuff, I actually really enjoy that it is a feature of this game and makes the appreciate getting my equipment even more. But after hours of playing a game it gets pretty repetitive and disheartening. 

/end follow up rant 

That one O Cell I picked up just now after 2 hours of grinding Tephys.

Thats a terrible place to farm then; it doesnt exist.

try TETHYS instead. I get O cells from there easy as pie.

Relax and keep farming. When you've maxed all your stuff, what else do you have to to do?

After doing some Earth grineer defense, I think rare material drop rate is fine across the board. People just need to adjust to killing regular enemies and opening lockers rather than just rushing a boss over and over again. The increased chance for a rare drop from a boss is a bonus, but people should be killing the enemies and looting throughout the map if they really want to find these materials consistently.

Boss rushing is like starting a mission and running all the way across a map just to open one locker and over and over again. So in my opinion it is a waste of time. Fine for frame parts not for materials.

Edited by Ryjeon