Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can only moderators turn topics into 'Megathreads'?

Cyborg-Rox

Question

I have this topic focusing on information and discussion regarding something new, that little to no people have made topics about, and it's gotten a lot of attention so far (2 pages), so I was wondering if I would be in trouble for editing the title with a 'Megathread' tag.

Yeah, I know, at 3,5k posts I really should know this by now, but yeah. Haven't really made much Megathread-worthy material, and what I have made earlier was 'Megathread'ed by mods.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

3 answers to this question

Just now, NovusNova said:

""Megathread" and "PSA" tags are also not permitted, as they are reserved for DE staff and Community Moderators only."

So moderators and admins only. Usually done for "hot" topic's that generate a large number of posts/threads such as log in issues, discussions of upcoming features etc.

I see. Well then could I ask you to take a look at my topic and see if it's Megathread-worthy?

My guess is they monitor the traffic/posts and do it as they deem necessary. As they have done so previously, I would just suggest keep the thread alive and when it hits whatever metrics it will happen. Chances are they won't tell people what the metrics are to keep people from attempting to make such threads intentionally.

Edited by Wopel