Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this another dead end map?

DEATHLOK

Question

I played a Invasion mission (Grineer Exterminate) a couple weeks ago that ended in a dead end, with no way to reach the final group of enemies.

Just played an Alert (Grineer Exterminate) with a huge underwater section, which also appears to have a dead end with no way to reach the final group of enemies.

20160504174704_1_zpsapu8qupu.jpg

There I am, at the end of a very long, convoluted path, with no way to reach the enemies indicated. In front of me is an enormous open area and an invisible wall.

Am I correct that there are broken maps with dead ends?

How often does this happen?

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

It happened basically all the time when the sharkwing extermination maps first came out. They've applied various fixes to try to resolve it, but as you can see, it still happens.

I've found that there are some places underwater where enemies that are supposed to spawn sometimes won't do so unless you swim through their spawn point. So basically if you want them to spawn, you have to swim everywhere there is to swim. It's super frustrating and not fun, and is the reason I just don't bother with sharkwing exterminate missions at all anymore.

The two or so times it has happened to me, the mobs were in an different underwater section. The first time it happened I ran around for a REALLY long time looking for them before I found the right pool.  Which incidentally wasn't marked as the place they were. Basically the pathing was "off" for the marker. They were fully accessible, just not via where the marker was trying to lead. The map wasn't broken, marker was.