Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Failing with no spawns?

Hosanin

Question

So I've been running into an issue with mobs not spawning either right from the start, or after I clear a few. I end up having the marker on exterminate missions go to the extraction point and even after scouring the entire tileset things still don't spawn. After waiting a bit I get mission failed.

On Defense missions I can be at the objective kill a wave and then nothing spawns. Again I search the map and find nothing, then after 10-15 min of waiting it comes up as failed. I have enemy radar on so I'm not completely blind.

Is there some game mechanic at work to prevent over-farming (normally happens after 4+hrs of gameplay) or am I just really unlucky?

8 answers to this question

On exterminate missions enemies spawn just enough to fill your counter, there won't be more. No need to scour the map if you already got the marker to the exit.

I don't know about the defense one. Normally when there are just a few enemies left on the wave, they are marked on you minimap. Once you kill the entire wave, you should get the message of wave complete. If you don't see the message and don't get the markers there are either a bunch of enemies stuck on a spawn room or you are experiencing a bug of sorts.

You are not unlucky, and I am not aware of the existence of such mechanic for "over-farming". That said I have never been on a map more than an hour most likely. Let alone four.

Extermination missions have a set number of mobs to kill, once done you go to extraction. There is a mechanic which fails the mission if you do not kill in 15 minutes. No point to running around one you get the extraction notice. Defense missions bug sometimes and mobs get stuck in odd places sometimes. There is no "over farming" mechanic you can tehcnically stay on any map you want for as long as you want with exception to exterminations.

22 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

There's a mechanic in Exterminate that makes you fail the mission if you go 15 minutes without killing anything.
Aside from that, I have no idea what your issues are.

Didn't realise there was something like that implemented.

17 minutes ago, YasaiTsume said:

Sounds like an old bug has resurfaced.

There was a time where Tower Defenses will randomly take either very long to spawn or not spawn at all.

I suggest sending in bug reports detailing everything that happened. 

I think that void defence bug was because some enemies would get stuck on a specific wall, for no apparent reason.

11 minutes ago, HellEnforcer said:

On exterminate missions enemies spawn just enough to fill your counter, there won't be more. No need to scour the map if you already got the marker to the exit.

I don't know about the defense one. Normally when there are just a few enemies left on the wave, they are marked on you minimap. Once you kill the entire wave, you should get the message of wave complete. If you don't see the message and don't get the markers there are either a bunch of enemies stuck on a spawn room or you are experiencing a bug of sorts.

You are not unlucky, and I am not aware of the existence of such mechanic for "over-farming". That said I have never been on a map more than an hour most likely. Let alone four.

I should clarify a bit, the red enemy location marker on exterminate missions is at the extraction point. I may have only killed 1/4 of the number needed and no more will spawn, which is why I will run around the map looking for them. Same with Defense missions, enemies will not come towards to defense objective after a wave or two so I search them out, keeping an eye on the health of the pod to make sure they didn't go there, but no enemies attack it and can't find any on the tileset.

the 4+ hours was overall game time as I've had days over the weekends where I can put in over 8hrs without even realizing it lol

1 hour ago, Hosanin said:

So I've been running into an issue with mobs not spawning either right from the start, or after I clear a few. I end up having the marker on exterminate missions go to the extraction point and even after scouring the entire tileset things still don't spawn. After waiting a bit I get mission failed.

On Defense missions I can be at the objective kill a wave and then nothing spawns. Again I search the map and find nothing, then after 10-15 min of waiting it comes up as failed. I have enemy radar on so I'm not completely blind.

Is there some game mechanic at work to prevent over-farming (normally happens after 4+hrs of gameplay) or am I just really unlucky?

Nowdays I get bit more rarely these dummy ai characters. They have already spawned to the map, but you need to find them and kill them properly.

Edited by carnaga

Just now, Hosanin said:

I should clarify a bit, the red enemy location marker on exterminate missions is at the extraction point. I may have only killed 1/4 of the number needed and no more will spawn, which is why I will run around the map looking for them. Same with Defense missions, enemies will not come towards to defense objective after a wave or two so I search them out, keeping an eye on the health of the pod to make sure they didn't go there, but no enemies attack it and can't find any on the tileset.

the 4+ hours was overall game time as I've had days over the weekends where I can put in over 8hrs without even realizing it lol

Then it is definitely a bug.

I have had only once a problem which was that the last batch of enemies of about 15 of them did not spawn until one of my clanmates that was with me returned to the starting location at which point they spawned near the end. But it was only once and I can't recall the details other than it was on a exterminate on the void.

You should report it on the bug section with as much details as possible. Since it seems it happens frequently to you, I would recommend looking for similarities between each occurrence; like map, loadout, cell members, client or host, and the like.

As a side note. I do recall a "similar" issue I run across fairly frequently, but it is not a progression stopper. It happens on invasions where the enemies will not spawn at all on the first vessel (except the capture target if any, which will run helplessly on the same room) when you start on the Grineer galleon and the room to cross between vessels is the cannon pod.