Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

whats the deal with the kohmak requirements?

PROzeKToR

5000 plastids is kind of a lot

and the dual version requires you to spend a total of 3 formas over 2 kohmaks and connecting them - considering the normal version and the dual version's poor performence this is dissapointing .

make this better DE

thanks 

The original doesn't have poor performance, though plenty of tenno do.

It's an expensive item to make. It's not the only one. The plastids aren't really that bad of a requirement, but if you never do missions where they drop and you don't use extractors, then you probably won't have any. This comes down to the 7Ps. Again.

The forma req is ugly, but it's a grineer lab weapon, so you could see this one coming. Nasty, but expected.

I can't vouch for the dual version yet, since I haven't even gotten it to 30, much less start getting in the 4-6 forma it'll need to max it out. So far, it looks like, well, two kohmaks. The ammo capacity is nice, but...dunno. If asked now if it's worth the expense, my response would be probably not, but I won't know until I try it out and I'm nowhere near done with it.

You can't rely on the community wisdom on things like this, since most don't know what they don't know. They just parrot stuff they've seen elsewhere without even knowing why.

On 6.5.2016 at 8:34 PM, Sloan441 said:

The original doesn't have poor performance, though plenty of tenno do.

It's an expensive item to make. It's not the only one. The plastids aren't really that bad of a requirement, but if you never do missions where they drop and you don't use extractors, then you probably won't have any. This comes down to the 7Ps. Again.

The forma req is ugly, but it's a grineer lab weapon, so you could see this one coming. Nasty, but expected.

I can't vouch for the dual version yet, since I haven't even gotten it to 30, much less start getting in the 4-6 forma it'll need to max it out. So far, it looks like, well, two kohmaks. The ammo capacity is nice, but...dunno. If asked now if it's worth the expense, my response would be probably not, but I won't know until I try it out and I'm nowhere near done with it.

You can't rely on the community wisdom on things like this, since most don't know what they don't know. They just parrot stuff they've seen elsewhere without even knowing why.

why rely on others?

i tried it myself and its crap

not even good performence compared to the expenses

oh and the plastids are not a problem? ive just run out when i wanted to build 2 of these kohmaks

yah if thats not a prob go yourself for a 3-4 hour farm to get the 10k plastids needed of 2 , im sure you will love it

You quoted my post, but apparently didn't comprehend much of it.

I'll clarify a bit with an update (such as it is).

The gun performed about the same as the single Kohmak--which isn't a bad place to be. If you think otherwise, guess what? You're wrong! I have four forma in my Kohmak and it's reasonably effective, but shares the issues all autotrigger guns have these days. I don't have plans to push it any further at present, since I don't really see a point. I probably will eventually, but for now...no. I like the gun well enough, but it's pretty samey.

Plastids aren't a problem as all resources aren't a problem...IF...you keep goodly amounts on hand. Guess what? I do. Two words, well, actually three: distilling extractor and time. I plan ahead. Novel idea, I know, but there it is. Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.

So, yeah, farming is not a problem since I don't allow it to become one. If you do allow it become one, then I guess all those grapes must be sour, huh?

3 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

You quoted my post, but apparently didn't comprehend much of it.

I'll clarify a bit with an update (such as it is).

The gun performed about the same as the single Kohmak--which isn't a bad place to be. If you think otherwise, guess what? You're wrong! I have four forma in my Kohmak and it's reasonably effective, but shares the issues all autotrigger guns have these days. I don't have plans to push it any further at present, since I don't really see a point. I probably will eventually, but for now...no. I like the gun well enough, but it's pretty samey.

Plastids aren't a problem as all resources aren't a problem...IF...you keep goodly amounts on hand. Guess what? I do. Two words, well, actually three: distilling extractor and time. I plan ahead. Novel idea, I know, but there it is. Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.

So, yeah, farming is not a problem since I don't allow it to become one. If you do allow it become one, then I guess all those grapes must be sour, huh?

wow dude you are such a badass

im totally overwhelmed

do you want a medal?