Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips on starting a clan

-Kryptyk-

Question

This just came to mind recently, as a lot of new players like starting their own clans in warframe.  Thought it would be good to bring some points for discussion up, so any feedback would be awesome :D and if I missed anything, lemme knowww

Spoiler

6 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Glad to see your doing this for people!

Didn't know you did youtube either :3

Just a tip for your intros, don't make it so much... IN YOUR FACE... I see it so much on youtube. XD

Yeah, I think you used a template or made your own 3e text animation. The problem I see with these intros is that they take a while, have lots of movement and colors, but only show the same thing the whole time. That makes it a bit boring to look at. 

I'll watch the rest of the video later, so comments will come soon

Tip 1: planning. Dojos are expensive, the larger your clan tier the more expensive everything becomes. Build all essential components and elements of the dojo before expanding to higher tier clan ranks.

Tip 2: Know what you want. Placement and allocation of space can be tricky and once you build something its a time sink to have to tear it down and rework it. 

Tip 3: Save up resources and have extra forma and such available. Net a few million credits, build multiple forma, Be prepared to wait out build times.

Tip 4: don't try to be to grandiose. Build what you need, set it up in a way that feels simple and easily accessible to you. Throwing on a dozen hallways and break off rooms sounds like fun but won't be when  you're trying to get to a lab in a hurry.

54 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Glad to see your doing this for people!

Didn't know you did youtube either :3

Just a tip for your intros, don't make it so much... IN YOUR FACE... I see it so much on youtube. XD

Here and there when I have time.  It's mainly tutorials based off of all the questions that new players have with the occasional bullshizzery.

And I always thought there was something off about that intro... made it more for the nostalgia of the track being played.  The original was something I used to listen to way back when I first started getting into edm about 8 years ago :D 

Also... I thought you liked things being in your face D: *goes back into the closet*

49 minutes ago, InglriousB said:

Yeah, I think you used a template or made your own 3e text animation. The problem I see with these intros is that they take a while, have lots of movement and colors, but only show the same thing the whole time. That makes it a bit boring to look at. 

I'll watch the rest of the video later, so comments will come soon

This is actually very true.  3D renders in general take a long time to do, so this was the simplest thing I could think of to save time.  Will definitely take another look though \(^.^)/

47 minutes ago, Babellon said:

Tip 1: planning. Dojos are expensive, the larger your clan tier the more expensive everything becomes. Build all essential components and elements of the dojo before expanding to higher tier clan ranks.

Tip 2: Know what you want. Placement and allocation of space can be tricky and once you build something its a time sink to have to tear it down and rework it. 

Tip 3: Save up resources and have extra forma and such available. Net a few million credits, build multiple forma, Be prepared to wait out build times.

Tip 4: don't try to be to grandiose. Build what you need, set it up in a way that feels simple and easily accessible to you. Throwing on a dozen hallways and break off rooms sounds like fun but won't be when  you're trying to get to a lab in a hurry.

For sure!  Thanks! +1  :D 

Edited by Firefly0037