Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

XCOM 2 Sound File Locations?

Circle_of_Psi

I don't know where you'd find these things, since I don't own XCOM 2, have no idea what game engine it's based on, or any of that.

I'd suspect, though, that the sound data is embedded in some resource file or another in which case it's likely impossible to retrieve without a lot more technical know-how than I have.

3 hours ago, Jeffrey94 said:

I don't know where you'd find these things, since I don't own XCOM 2, have no idea what game engine it's based on, or any of that.

I'd suspect, though, that the sound data is embedded in some resource file or another in which case it's likely impossible to retrieve without a lot more technical know-how than I have.

Thats sadly the case, I was able to find out they are in some kind of UPK Files Compressed somewhere, I'm not that tpo great in the technical kown how as well 

2 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

Thats sadly the case, I was able to find out they are in some kind of UPK Files Compressed somewhere, I'm not that tpo great in the technical kown how as well 

The file extension reeks of Unreal Engine, though I can't say for certain.

If that's the case, no doubt there's probably tons of guides on the internet on how to extract its contents. Will probably need some kind of SDK to make it happen though.

8 hours ago, Jeffrey94 said:

The file extension reeks of Unreal Engine, though I can't say for certain.

If that's the case, no doubt there's probably tons of guides on the internet on how to extract its contents. Will probably need some kind of SDK to make it happen though.

Yeah, I found a another way, that is alot less technical but requires alot more time.

Go into the game and just use something like fraps when you kown the sound is going to play, or do it off youtube videos. I got quite a few by just replaying the intro and a youtube video.