Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to fight the regular Stalker?

(XBOX)SgtFunBun

Question

Let's be fair, fighting Shadow Stalker is boring, and if he didn't adapt to my damage, he'd go down in a heartbeat, but I don't have a 6-forma Tonkor to wipe him off the face of the System, so That don't work for me.

And despite the fact I have a hard time killing him, I like challenge, I like fun, and I think fighting the regular Stalker would be a nice way to get some of both, since apparently he's a nightmare to people. But, since I beat the Second Dream before Stalker ever got to me on his naughty list, I never fought his original self.

Any way to do it?

24 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, Wopel said:

It is part of the reason I haven't done the quest on my alt Xbox account. It isn't played much and I'd like to try to get Dread etc from the base Stalker as the 2nd Dream version will be a nightmare on that account.

Shadow Stalker also drops ol' stalker gear, so you are not really missing anything from pre-hunhow other than codex entry scans

I've never used one, but from what I've read Second Dream triggers the change over. So whenever the Stalker spawns it is the new version encountered. All the beacon does is trigger the encounter and whomever the person is that uses it will trigger the appropriate version for their progress.

It is part of the reason I haven't done the quest on my alt Xbox account. It isn't played much and I'd like to try to get Dread etc from the base Stalker as the 2nd Dream version will be a nightmare on that account.

Edited by Wopel

I also made the mistake of completing second dream before scanning regular stalker, didn't care about codex scans before and now it's about the only thing left for me to do. I've tried in recruiting to find some pre second dream stalker farm groups to no avail, my codex ocd is in hyperdrive because of this lol. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Musicopia said:

I also made the mistake of completing second dream before scanning regular stalker, didn't care about codex scans before and now it's about the only thing left for me to do. I've tried in recruiting to find some pre second dream stalker farm groups to no avail, my codex ocd is in hyperdrive because of this lol. 

Yeah, I have this problem, was going through my codex the other day and realized I needed two more regular Stalker scans. That's never gonna happen now.

Just now, Gelkor said:

Yeah, I have this problem, was going through my codex the other day and realized I needed two more regular Stalker scans. That's never gonna happen now.

Yes it is quite depressing. I also can not scan mutalist Mesa, which I also was wondering since u need 3 scans how would u even complete her codex entry? Scan her once and beat her then that's it? How would u get her other 2 scans?

DE please make quests repeatable already! Pretty please? With a cherry on top? 

Just now, (PS4)Musicopia said:

Yes it is quite depressing. I also can not scan mutalist Mesa, which I also was wondering since u need 3 scans how would u even complete her codex entry? Scan her once and beat her then that's it? How would u get her other 2 scans?

DE please make quests repeatable already! Pretty please? With a cherry on top? 

Join other players on the quest is really the only option.  But yeah, repeatable quests need to be a thing, just for scanning and experiencing, don't even need the loot unless we sold it or something.

26 minutes ago, Vattira said:

Can't you use one of Baro's beacons to call the regular Stalker even after the Second Dream?

I can verify that using beacons summons Shadow Stalker if you've done second dream

4 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Join other players on the quest is really the only option.  But yeah, repeatable quests need to be a thing, just for scanning and experiencing, don't even need the loot unless we sold it or something.

That seems like an oversight by DE, if our codex is supposed to be the way we "gain" knowledge of Warframe they sure are making us jump thru hoops to acquire this knowledge. 

4 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

I don't agree they "need" to be a thing, but do agree it would be nice. Reason being it helps encourage higher MR people to help lower MR people with some of the more "difficult" missions (debateable I know). 

Just now, koorinosekai said:

Shadow Stalker also drops ol' stalker gear, so you are not really missing anything from pre-hunhow other than codex entry scans

Read the post, I know that it drops everything, it is also significantly HARDER for an alt account with no time played and lower quality mods. Which is why the initial stalker is what I am targeting.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Musicopia said:

That seems like an oversight by DE, if our codex is supposed to be the way we "gain" knowledge of Warframe they sure are making us jump thru hoops to acquire this knowledge. 

Partying with people in a MMO/Co-op game is "jumping through hoops"?

Edited by Wopel

1 minute ago, Wopel said:

Partying with people in an MMO is "jumping through hoops"?

Ummm no? Not being able to repeat the quest to get the subsequent scans to complete a codex entry? That is what i was referring to, have u tried finding someone doing the Mesa quest? No one ever answers

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Musicopia said:

Ummm no? Not being able to repeat the quest to get the subsequent scans to complete a codex entry? That is what i was referring to, have u tried finding someone doing the Mesa quest? No one ever answers

Sounds more like a population problem than technical one.

Edited by Wopel

sorry about that then, speed reading while on the go isnt my forte.

i run an account on the side to record quests while trying to get a few of my friends to try out the game by using the almost non-existent storytelling of it and so far i went just as far as meeting the Shadow Stalker once after finishing The Second Dream after not meeting him on that account even once before (not sure if unlucky or not, so its kinda hard to compare old model vs new model on a new account after the changes since the changes to parkour and what not), while using the newbie-friendly rhino and only had a 2 forma soma and 2 forma akmagnus there, the battle was long but it wasnt what one would call hard. It felt more like harrassment than anything if you ask me, compared to the crappy times I remember having with the old model back in the day with this account.

Even if memory and feels wont serve much here, I would still rather do Shadow to chance getting War blueprint on that account, but thats personal preference.

1 hour ago, koorinosekai said:

sorry about that then, speed reading while on the go isnt my forte.

i run an account on the side to record quests while trying to get a few of my friends to try out the game by using the almost non-existent storytelling of it and so far i went just as far as meeting the Shadow Stalker once after finishing The Second Dream after not meeting him on that account even once before (not sure if unlucky or not, so its kinda hard to compare old model vs new model on a new account after the changes since the changes to parkour and what not), while using the newbie-friendly rhino and only had a 2 forma soma and 2 forma akmagnus there, the battle was long but it wasnt what one would call hard. It felt more like harrassment than anything if you ask me, compared to the crappy times I remember having with the old model back in the day with this account.

Even if memory and feels wont serve much here, I would still rather do Shadow to chance getting War blueprint on that account, but thats personal preference.

Well your alt account is heads and shoulders better than mine with forma'd weapons. I think my only two forma went into syndicates and I'm working on the third. Not to mention you have no control over when the Stalker shows. Running a spy mission to level up the one weapon in your inventory? Screwed. Leveling up a frame from scratch with the barest of mods and no matching aura? Screwed. The "first" Stalker is significantly easier to handle in all respects.

My alt account also doesn't get plat that doesn't come from RNG, console Warframe doesn't offer Gift of the Lotus login rewards worth a damn. There is basically nothing in the store worth the plat and I support DE "enough" from the PC account.  Not to mention the insanely stupid prices people ask for on console. 1500p for a frost set? Please. That is somewhere like 9 times the higher prices on PC where the plat is actually devalued due to the ability to buy plat at a discount. There is a difference between supply and demand and price gouging idiots trying to take advantage of others ignorance of the game. The alt account is for a break from the PC, to get back to what it is like where I can't faceroll content and enjoy a little bit of challenge.

Edited by Wopel

4 hours ago, (PS4)Musicopia said:

It's literally impossible to complete that scan with the current quest system, how is that not a technical problem? 

If by literally impossible, you mean "go with someone who hasn't done it yet" I guess yeah.. Impossible to do by yourself. You yourself just said you couldn't find people to. That itself is a declaration it is "possible" no?

It being possible is why I said it isn't an oversight. It may not be "minimal effort like I want it to be" but it is a far cry from "impossible" (feel free to look up what thta word means).

32 minutes ago, Wopel said:

If by literally impossible, you mean "go with someone who hasn't done it yet" I guess yeah.. Impossible to do by yourself. You yourself just said you couldn't find people to. That itself is a declaration it is "possible" no?

It being possible is why I said it isn't an oversight. It may not be "minimal effort like I want it to be" but it is a far cry from "impossible" (feel free to look up what thta word means).

Lol whatever makes you sleep better at night, justify it all you want. You go find someone who hasn't done it yet and will actually answer you in recruiting... What's that? Still waiting? K 

One last thing when did I ever say I wanted something done with minimal effort? Pull your head out of your own &#! it's gotta be hard to breathe in there. 

Edited by (PS4)Musicopia

1 hour ago, (PS4)Musicopia said:

Lol whatever makes you sleep better at night, justify it all you want. You go find someone who hasn't done it yet and will actually answer you in recruiting... What's that? Still waiting? K 

One last thing when did I ever say I wanted something done with minimal effort? Pull your head out of your own &#! it's gotta be hard to breathe in there. 

Boo hoo, you have to wait little bit instead of it being spoon fed to you.

Again YOU were the one stating it was impossible, I'm just pointing out it is not an oversight, that it can be done with a tiny bit of effort.  Because "other people" in our MMO/Co-op game enable it. I'm not horribly surprised that you have no one lining up to help you from our discourse here and it is quite obvious if anyone is having trouble "breathing" for the reason you mention, it isn't me.

The game doesn't prevent you from doing the mission with other people, if it did that would make things "impossible" like you claim. That would be an "oversight." Is it that hard for you to understand that a MMO/Co-op game would actually require multiple people to accomplish something? That they actually intend or that the expectation is for you to run a mission multiple times with multiple different people? This isn't a "new" concept at all for the genre.

If you don't want to deal with "other people" why are you even playing a game like this? Really, who has their head up their nether region? Me or the person whining about how they can't do something optional in the co-op game without some help from other players?

32 minutes ago, Wopel said:

Boo hoo, you have to wait little bit instead of it being spoon fed to you.

Again YOU were the one stating it was impossible, I'm just pointing out it is not an oversight, that it can be done with a tiny bit of effort.  Because "other people" in our MMO/Co-op game enable it. I'm not horribly surprised that you have no one lining up to help you from our discourse here and it is quite obvious if anyone is having trouble "breathing" for the reason you mention, it isn't me.

The game doesn't prevent you from doing the mission with other people, if it did that would make things "impossible" like you claim. That would be an "oversight." Is it that hard for you to understand that a MMO/Co-op game would actually require multiple people to accomplish something? That they actually intend or that the expectation is for you to run a mission multiple times with multiple different people? This isn't a "new" concept at all for the genre.

If you don't want to deal with "other people" why are you even playing a game like this? Really, who has their head up their nether region? Me or the person whining about how they can't do something optional in the co-op game without some help from other players?

Congratulations your the first person to make it to my ignore list, have fun in the void. 

G'day m8