Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trouble with Sentient Fighters

(PSN)Folkeye

Question

Okay, yeah, I stink at high level stuff in this game. But when it's not 'high level' such as the 25-30 zone, having trouble gets on my nerves. We're not good enough to down the Sentient Fighters and have yet to be able to play a mission on the moon due to them. We fight with what we got, don't get the damage in and take too long. We don't end up killing them and end up on the receiving side of a one shot kill, which is not enjoyable ever. I guess first off, how do you avoid the one shot (we ARE running around and doing our best to avoid getting nailed but that doesn't seem to work). I think if we can figure out why we're getting one shotted, the damage factor we deal can come second. My usual and favorite loadout is the Latron Prime which has had a few formas fed to it and it's puncture is nice and high. My melee is usually Orthos Prime, and secondary of choice is the Vaykor Marlok (however that is spelt). Frame of usage varies.

6 answers to this question

Sentients has 3 main attacks:

• Battlelyst - Run away (far) from those "disco disco" ball
  • Conculyst - Sidestep "spin to win"
  • Both - shoots "grenade" 

Strategies:

• Divide and conquer
  • Bring multiple elements (different elements on primary, secondary, melee)
  • Be stealthy and not be seen...EVER

EZ Mode:

• Excal's Exalted Blade
  • Valkyr's Hysteria Slide
  • Ivara's Artemis Bow

If all else fails:

• 4x corrosive
  • Ask for help and recruit "Revenge Squad"
  • Tonkor
  • Tonkor
  • Yawn...Tonkor
  • Yawn... Mirage with Synoid Simulor
Edited by (PS4)A_SimpleName
Sa pell lings

2 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Sentients has 3 main attacks:

• Battlelyst - Run away (far) from those "disco disco" ball
  • Conculyst - Sidestep "spin to win"
  • Both - shoots "grenade" 

Strategies:

• Divide and conquer
  • Bring multiple elements (different elements on primary, secondary, melee)
  • Be stealthy and not be seen...EVER

EZ Mode:

• Excal's Exalted Blade
  • Valkyr's Hysteria Slide
  • Ivara's Artemis Bow

If all else fails:

• 4x corrosive
  • Ask for help and recruit "Revenge Squad"
  • Tonkor
  • Tonkor
  • Yawn...Tonkor
  • Yawn... Mirage with Synoid Simulor

Thanks for the input. I'll have to try Excalibur (since I don't have the others, outside Valkyr who has never reached level 30, just wasn't digging her). I don't have myself a Tonkor either, so that'll be something to look into. Even if just for one enemy. SIGH. Pain in the butt, want to be able to enjoy the tileset more than a few minutes before putting my tail between my legs and running away.

Will try the corrosive too. Does that count as an 'element' they might get immune to? Or is it for the purpose of getting shield down for the kill?

Sentients are supposed to be a boss type enemy. If you want to kill them, honestly you should bring weapons with different elemental types. They gain an immunity to the element you damage them with most. Each time for each 25% of their health. So it helps to bring different elements on your weapons.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Folkeye said:

Thanks for the input. I'll have to try Excalibur (since I don't have the others, outside Valkyr who has never reached level 30, just wasn't digging her). I don't have myself a Tonkor either, so that'll be something to look into. Even if just for one enemy. SIGH. Pain in the butt, want to be able to enjoy the tileset more than a few minutes before putting my tail between my legs and running away.

Will try the corrosive too. Does that count as an 'element' they might get immune to? Or is it for the purpose of getting shield down for the kill?

4 people with Corrosive Projection Aura slotted into their warframes will remove armor (yellow health bar turn to red health bar) from the Sentient. With their armor removed, you'll be able to deal higher damage per shot before they become "resistant" to a certain damage type. When the Sentient become resistant (you'll deal very low damage numbers) to a certain damage type is when you switch elements/types.

Sentients are like mini-bosses, so the fight do take a bit of strategies and skills if you're not geared out to be OP.

Added note: If using Excal, use his Radial Blind to stun the enemy and then Exalted Blade to deal damage. Rinse and repeat.

Edited by (PS4)A_SimpleName

Just now, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

4 people with Corrosive Projection Aura slotted into their warframes will remove armor (yellow health bar turn to red health bar) from the Sentient. With their armor removed, you'll be able to deal higher damage per shot before they become "resistant" to a certain damage type. When the Sentient become resistant (you'll deal very low damage numbers) to a certain damage type is when you switch elements/types.

Sentients are like mini-bosses, so the fight do take a bit of strategies and skills if you're not geared out to be OP.

Yeah, they are tough. Guess I'll just have to coordinate with my buddies when we try again. See if we can get some better team dynamics going instead of just playing the way we're used to. That's what different load-outs are for :)

If you are getting one-shot without apparent reason it's probably the "disco ball". For some reason they are sometimes hard to spot until it's too late. Keep moving in circles rather than back and forth.

High burst damage weapons are better as well as different damage type and elements on primary/secondary. I usually run with shotgun (sobek or hek) + twin grakatas. Switch after second immunity and you should be good. And don't even try to melee unless you are Valkyr in Hysteria!

One more thing worth noting - unlike shadow stalker, the sentients are not immune to frame powers (although with exceptions) and can't dispel you. Radial Blind should be the way to go in your case.

Edited by (XB1)Deflinek