Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Antimatter And The Triangles

Ostanes

Hey there,

First of all I wanted to compliment you on the great job you're doing designing the warframes. I really love the style you use to forge naturally looking suits for our Tennos. Which brings me straight to the point of my suggestion.

I'm not sure if the design for antimatter is already done and finished, but I thought that it would helpful if people post some interesting Designs for antimatter in this thread.

I'll just start with my suggestions: more cubes and triangles !!!
I know that the suits should keep their biological look, but I'm kind of missing sharp pointy edges on my characters. Maybe antimatter is a good warframe to start implementing a very distinct look with edges and flat surfaces. Let me just post some pictures so you can get a picture of what I mean.

Keep up the good work :)

2-gareth-pugh-fall-2008.jpg

tumblr_meh1jefPIz1rczmpyo1_500.jpg

Edited by Ostanes

Geez....

I'm pretty sure none of you got my point. It's definitely not supposed to look exactly like that...

And as I said before, feel free to ADD YOUR OWN IDEAS ;P

At least try to propose something better, I dare you.

Edited by Ostanes

I for one, think that triangles, and slightly edgier (Not a hipster term, I'm talking edges that are slightly more harsh) elements could look quite interesting Not as an entire frame, but as elements on one, like the last picture, how it's just the sleeves. But those are a bit big. I'd love to see the art team's take on it, at least. I'm sure they could create something completely awesome with it.

I for one, think that triangles, and slightly edgier (Not a hipster term, I'm talking edges that are slightly more harsh) elements could look quite interesting Not as an entire frame, but as elements on one, like the last picture, how it's just the sleeves. But those are a bit big. I'd love to see the art team's take on it, at least. I'm sure they could create something completely awesome with it.

Yeah, I was thinking about a more geometrically defined chest plate. or platelets on the back.

Maybe a helmet that looks like StTheo's Helldiver series:

helldiver_by_sttheo-d3ipqjw.jpg

We're only talking about the helmet from that picture. And yes, I think a Warframe aesthetic twist on the basic shape of that helmet could look nice. Mostly just the triangle part that's sticking out. I'm kind of ignoring the rest, too mechanical.

well it wont be a straight up copy paste. im sure its the gist of the overall armor/skin

Still it doesnt fit, looks to brutal... just look at the other Warframes they look more organic and not even a bit like they have Armor, Rhino is an exception atleast a bit, but Antimatter should look much taller and not like the biggest Tank in Game.

This thread isn't talking about the shapes of the characters in the pictures, or the sizes, or that the Antimatter Frame should look exactly like anything here. It's just remarking.. Hey, triangles when used together in clusters like that actually look pretty cool. What do we think the Antimatter frame would look like if it used clusters of triangles? It could be the tallest, skinniest frame in the game, but what about it using triangles in it's design?

Hey there,

First of all I wanted to compliment you on the great job you're doing designing the warframes. I really love the style you use to forge naturally looking suits for our Tennos. Which brings me straight to the point of my suggestion.

I'm not sure if the design for antimatter is already done and finished, but I thought that it would helpful if people post some interesting Designs for antimatter in this thread.

I'll just start with my suggestions: more cubes and triangles !!!

I know that the suits should keep their biological look, but I'm kind of missing sharp pointy edges on my characters. Maybe antimatter is a good warframe to start implementing a very distinct look with edges and flat surfaces. Let me just post some pictures so you can get a picture of what I mean.

Keep up the good work :)

2-gareth-pugh-fall-2008.jpg

tumblr_meh1jefPIz1rczmpyo1_500.jpg

Nobody would wear those clothes in real life.  I don't want my warframe wearing them either.  Also I wish people would stop trying to make helmetless frames.  Just stop.

Nobody would wear those clothes in real life.  I don't want my warframe wearing them either.  Also I wish people would stop trying to make helmetless frames.  Just stop.

Dude, that's a reference. did you even read the thread ? The warframe is not supposed to have no helmet.

I actually like that suggestion because if DE does it right the triangles would work perfectly for the Antimatter Warframe.

Also +1 for the Syndicate reference pic.

It's Deus Ex HR ;)

Edited by Ostanes

That's the new Deus Ex.

With that out of the way, as a Master I can confirm that the Anti-matter frame does not have any triangles on her anywhere.

Yeah, unfortunately they decided to make her a two sided porcelain fairy ;)

I also added a quick sketch for those who simply don't understand that those pictures a JUST reference :P

sPGJrlc.png

Also, since antimatter seems to be a two sided warframe (for those who didn't watch the twitch update ;) here's some idea for a two sided antimatter warframe (just an idea). Of course Guildwars is a fantasy setting, just imagine those evil f***ers in Tenno style ;)

SnR3hsj.png

Also, since antimatter seems to be a two sided warframe (for those who didn't watch the twitch update ;) here's some idea for a two sided antimatter warframe (just an idea). Of course Guildwars is a fantasy setting, just imagine those evil f***ers in Tenno style ;)

SnR3hsj.png

THIS would be 1000 times more awesome then the real Antimatter Frame which is coming... also because i was hoping for an Male-Frame and not again a Female, also the Helmet looks... pretty "ugly" of the new Frame aswell as the Legs.