Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mastery Rank Suggestion] X Lvl Of Mastery Rank Gives +X% To All Outcoming Damage

WarPony

Hi, Tennos.

Have suggestion to courage people rise their mastery rank, not just for getting weapons, but to have some profit (even small) from this.

I know alot of people who just don't see any reasons to rise rank, they are just staying on one warframe, with one weapon, and farming mods...

p.s. sry for my english, not my native language

join a clan and you know why ;)

most of the weapons need rank 7

oh mate, i know this, but i think your understand they are not worth to rush you mastery rank... they are expensive and not the best, the only thing that matter is mods... you can do void T3 even with lato, braton and skana if you have wellfarmed mods, and i think you know this...

there are 3 very powerful/potent weapons which jump to my mind needing rank 6/7

there is the Supra and acrid which both need rank 7 and the ogris needs 6

so i would try to rush it...

the suggestion as it stands for itself is a good idea as well

Damage? No, I don't like the idea of increasing damage upon earning mastery rank. It'd force players to level up weapons they don't want to use just for a boost in damage.

But maybe earning a warframe slot every 1-2 mastery rank ups...now that would be cool. Or perhaps we could switch off between earning 2 weapon slots at the odd mastery ranks and a warframe slot at the even mastery ranks.

Damage increase with Rank is totaly unnecessary. If you feel your damage output is too low, try getting your Focus/Point Blank/Serration/Hornit Strike/Pressure Point mods leveled up...

@Monkestful: I believe DE is already working on a way to make Warframe and Weapon Slots purchaseable with Credits or Craftable.

But maybe earning a warframe slot every 1-2 mastery rank ups...now that would be cool. Or perhaps we could switch off between earning 2 weapon slots at the odd mastery ranks and a warframe slot at the even mastery ranks.

Very good idea. It would also support the pay-to-not-grind model.

Damage? No, I don't like the idea of increasing damage upon earning mastery rank. It'd force players to level up weapons they don't want to use just for a boost in damage.

its not a huge boost in dmg, its just a small but pleasing buff. Noone force anyone. You still can farm with one frame and one weapon your mods. And it will be much more profitable to increase your damage by getting all +dmg/atkspeed mods. Again noone force you, its opportunity to choose your way to play.

About slots, DE already showed their position about this, you can lvlup your weapon/frame and sell it, to earn mastery rank, and its ok for me

Damage increase with Rank is totaly unnecessary. If you feel your damage output is too low, try getting your Focus/Point Blank/Serration/Hornit Strike/Pressure Point mods leveled up...

@Monkestful: I believe DE is already working on a way to make Warframe and Weapon Slots purchaseable with Credits or Craftable.

yep, and that is what everyone is doing

Edited by WarPony

I'd prefer something other than extra damage, like slightly faster crafting times or a bonus to earned Affinity. Within the context of Mastery I think these make sense, you're learning and becoming more skilled at being a Tenno capable of doing things better and faster.

I'm all for this system, but the damage values in this game don't work very well for such low percentages. Say you're rank 3. What's 3% of the 20 damage that Braton does? 0.6. Do you round that to zero, which gives no increase, of to 1, which actually gives 5%? 

I'm all for this system, but the damage values in this game don't work very well for such low percentages. Say you're rank 3. What's 3% of the 20 damage that Braton does? 0.6. Do you round that to zero, which gives no increase, of to 1, which actually gives 5%? 

its overall, so yes, if you trying to shoot with nomoded weapon, and dmg increase is less than 1, then ok, let it be rounded to min (0 in that case)

but if you will put some mods...

and as i mentioned, its overall dmg, that means skills, elemental dmg, etc.

im not trying ti suggest overpowered buff, and still, at endgame, players with 10mastery rank will feel this buff as a reward for lvling

Disagree. If this happens then only those who have farmed and leveled every weapon will have a chance to beat end-game content, or end-game content will be trivial for those with a high mastery rank.

"Average" player: Mastery 4, +4%

Completely maxed out player: Mastery 11, +11%

Difference: 6.7%

Yeah, your statement isn't an exaggeration or anything.

No no no no, not damage. Utility, convenience, not straight up power. Slots, cosmetics, mods, blueprints, fusion cores, packs of various things, even weapons - but not power.

I'd have to agree with this post. Perhaps a [Mastery Rank]% increase in drop rates or something.