The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SPECTERS 2.0 : Hiring player Specters and the Rewards for doing so.( and more)

Deidaku

Hey guys!

Played some PSO2 recently. it's a very fun game for those who've tried it and it's a very fleshed out game imo. It has a lot of interesting mechanics and one of them could be useful for this game.

As the title of this thread indicates, yes it revolves around specters and your ingame friends.

To sum it up ; in PSO2 you can register one of your different characters in   the "support partner" section of the visiphone terminal. After doing that you can choose to let everyone use your character as an AI in their squad or just your friends.  

If you set the support partner sharing to public ,eople can browse a catalog full of those before a mission and select  your character.

Also another thing  about the shared character : you can set its personality. And by that I mean fighting style . Since PSO has way more depth in combat , I think for warframe those personalities could boil down to a few man combat types

• brave : In your face : doesn't hesitate to charge the enemy with melee or CQC powers
  • Tactical : uses support skills more and stays close to the player. Uses its weaponry in a balanced way
  • Suppression ; uses CC skills and ranged weapons more.

OR

• Melee focused
  • Power focused
  • Ranged focused
  • Balanced

and so on , i'll have to think of more exampes

Both you and the one who hired your character  recieve a reward ( FUN points in PSO2's case) for completing a mission with the AI.

Ideas for rewards

• AFFINITY TOKENS: basically ; every time a specter is hired, both players recieve 2 or 3 affinity tokes.  THose are items contain varying amounts of Affinity/Xp that you can use on the weapon of your choice. Once the token is used it is consumed for good..
    • For example; I put up my excakibur frame for hire in the catalog. Some dude uses him for a mission : gets an affinity boost for using my specter. Upon hire , I recieve an affinity token containing X amout of affinity. I can then use it ona weapon , frame, sentinel or other.

I think for warframe this could be possible with a few tweaks and Limitations

• One specter can be hired for only 1 mission.  ANd only 1 mercenary specter can be hired at a time.
  • first of all  the catalog for getting player specters should be in the Relays. Makes sense to me and could promote going to these a bit more often than just passing by for Baro
  • For the 2 way reward for the char's creater and the player who hired the char : Maybe standing with a faction or simaris? Or Tenshin standing since he's more "tenno centric".
  • IN clans maybe there should be a catalog as well where you can hire guild specters of people from your clan. So they can support you even when offline or inactive
  • People can only put up one specter for hire per account. And each specter can be hired once per player. per day. Let's say I use the specter made by player1. I won"t be able to use it again until 24 h. But I can hire other specters.
  • Each time a specter is used ; the creator recieves , X amount of tokens giving X amount of affinity. ( let's say Mastery rank can make you win more tokens per hire , OR tokens with more affinity in them.)

I think this could be interesting for new players espesically. If they want to play solo and manage on their own but still need a push and don't have enough ressources to craft good specters?

I think a system like this would really strenghten our community and make specters more useful.

Any thoughts? It's really like to hear your opinions about this. Tell me if i'm missing something.

Edited by Deidaku
Added rewards

I feel like this could be quite the good idea. I could see a convo between my clanmates and me like:

Them: "Hey, you gettin on Warframe tonight? I need some help with this mission"

Me: "Nah fam, gotta work tonight. I'll be on shift through the alert. You can borrow the Frosticles for support tho"

Them: "You sure? Thanks!"

Me: "Just bring it back without a scratch mate. And feed the Kubrow while I'm out"

Edited by KotoKuraken

Just now, KotoKuraken said:

I feel like this could be quite the good idea. I could see a convo between my clanmates and I like:

Them: "Hey, you gettin on Warframe tonight? I need some help with this mission"

Me: "Nah fam, gotta work tonight. I'll be on shift through the alert. You can borrow the Frosticles for support tho"

Them: "You sure? Thanks!"

Me: "Just bring it back without a scratch mate. And feed the Kubrow while I'm out"

EXACTLY.  THat's how I felt in PSO2 when my teammates weren't online. Just borrowed their characters. Sure it was AI controlled , but  it did good as a decoy and could heal me from time to time. We need something like this to reinforce bonds between players imo

I think the only problem, tho, is what happens when you're using the frame while they're away, then they get online while you're using it.

Maybe allow the person to keep using that specter for that mission and then stop the usage for any more missions as long the owner is logged in. And if the person in charge of that specter joins the mission, the specter is replaced by its owner.

14 hours ago, KotoKuraken said:

I think the only problem, tho, is what happens when you're using the frame while they're away, then they get online while you're using it.

Maybe allow the person to keep using that specter for that mission and then stop the usage for any more missions as long the owner is logged in. And if the person in charge of that specter joins the mission, the specter is replaced by its owner.

That's what happens in PSO2. But since specters are objects and don't take a player slot. in this game the best option is to prevent people from using the specter if the player who made it is in the squad.

The specters are just copies anyway so having the player and the specter in the same squad doen't seem like a bad idea.

Hmm. Now that sounds like a fun idea, Like if my friend Korissaa cannot come on warframe much for any reason I can have her come along anyways even if shes not around its like I have her with me though I know she won't talk back XD

Or have my mate's Specter sense his computer is not powerful enough to play warframe so he was unable to come online so I can have him on board too.

It gets lonely without your friends unable to company you on missions. I know you can join other non-friends but it's a mixed bag when playing on public matchmaking.

Also to add I wish to have in Warframe that if are gonna have Player like AIs that we get some sort of system that basiclly mimics or adapts to player actions and movements much like a real player, I am pulling this idea from Shadow Labs off Killer Instinct it is an optional solution to fixing mindless Specter AIs.

Like teaching a Player Specter AI to do things AIs are unable to do like players do then saving that data so it can remember doing it much like Killer Instinct's Shadow Brain and upon updating that data will override any past player actions, etc giving it new sets of movements and actions. WEll if you played Killer Instinct you can see it does slightly differently everytime you record that data to the brain.

I do not know about enemy AIs but that's for another story. Warframe has been having AI problems and not being to bright, This idea brough from Killer Instinct with some tweaks can make Specters much more useful than standard AI.

Only downsides with AIs are certain maps like the void with Laser Traps, Vault and the overall maps being changed every mission and areas with high places. Most likely they have to get the AIs to "see" danger like Laser Traps to do moves to avoid them or duck. But as I said the idea from Killer Instinct Shadow Labs would need some tweaks to work within the Warframe Game, Which should solve almost all the AI issues for Specters anyways.

Maybe add a Notice for the Lotus to tell you a specter has fallen to revive them as well? Everytime my Specters are helping they go down in bleeding state and I never knew they need help and they die.

But anyways, I fully support the OPs idea.

Edited by UltimateGrenninja

3 hours ago, shellspeed1 said:

Would make solo a bit more fun in some cases. Gonna throw in my 2 cents here and also say that as a restriction here you can only have 2 of them at a time. Also add a room to dojos for registering the clan ones.

Aren't specters already restricted to one or 2 per player? I'm not sure  but agree!

Good idea for dojos , would make people visit them more.

2 hours ago, Meta_Nexus said:

Maybe have it work on a system similarly to the Extractors, where the higher your MR, the more you can create and lend out?

Never thought about mastery rank but it seems like a good idea !. Or maybe it could influence how many you can hire as well? 

58 minutes ago, UltimateGrenninja said:

Hmm. Now that sounds like a fun idea, Like if my friend Korissaa cannot come on warframe much for any reason I can have her come along anyways even if shes not around its like I have her with me though I know she won't talk back XD

Or have my mate's Specter sense his computer is not powerful enough to play warframe so he was unable to come online so I can have him on board too.

It gets lonely without your friends unable to company you on missions. I know you can join other non-friends but it's a mixed bag when playing on public matchmaking.

Also to add I wish to have in Warframe that if are gonna have Player like AIs that we get some sort of system that basiclly mimics or adapts to player actions and movements much like a real player, I am pulling this idea from Shadow Labs off Killer Instinct it is an optional solution to fixing mindless Specter AIs.

Like teaching a Player Specter AI to do things AIs are unable to do like players do then saving that data so it can remember doing it much like Killer Instinct's Shadow Brain and upon updating that data will override any past player actions, etc giving it new sets of movements and actions. WEll if you played Killer Instinct you can see it does slightly differently everytime you record that data to the brain.

I do not know about enemy AIs but that's for another story. Warframe has been having AI problems and not being to bright, This idea brough from Killer Instinct with some tweaks can make Specters much more useful than standard AI.

Only downsides with AIs are certain maps like the void with Laser Traps, Vault and the overall maps being changed every mission and areas with high places. Most likely they have to get the AIs to "see" danger like Laser Traps to do moves to avoid them or duck. But as I said the idea from Killer Instinct Shadow Labs would need some tweaks to work within the Warframe Game, Which should solve almost all the AI issues for Specters anyways.

Maybe add a Notice for the Lotus to tell you a specter has fallen to revive them as well? Everytime my Specters are helping they go down in bleeding state and I never knew they need help and they die.

But anyways, I fully support the OPs idea.

I haven'(t thought about the AI aspect of this x). I'm just hoping DE is going to improve on what already exists. But I see what you mean , the specters need to be more player like , use bullet jump and so on.

5 hours ago, Deidaku said:

Aren't specters already restricted to one or 2 per player? I'm not sure  but agree!

You can have one of every specter in the game for each player.  

So one player specter

6 syndicate specters - one of each syndicate

and 1 clembot.

so if you really wanted to go ham in a high level mission, have all 4 squadmates bring 8 specters.  32 specters would be so awesome if anybody has every done this i need to see it.

10 minutes ago, robertgk2017 said:

You can have one of every specter in the game for each player.  

So one player specter

6 syndicate specters - one of each syndicate

and 1 clembot.

so if you really wanted to go ham in a high level mission, have all 4 squadmates bring 8 specters.  32 specters would be so awesome if anybody has every done this i need to see it.

Damn , that's a lot of specters o_o.

So i'm guessing it would have to be 1 player specter per player then . x)

This actually sounds like a good idea xD

Also, what if you paid credits to hire specters, with 10% of the price paid going to the owner? Say that hiring one cost 5,000 cred, owner receives 500 credits per hire. 

6 hours ago, Deidaku said:

Good idea for dojos , would make people visit them more.

Never thought about mastery rank but it seems like a good idea !. Or maybe it could influence how many you can hire as well? 

I haven'(t thought about the AI aspect of this x). I'm just hoping DE is going to improve on what already exists. But I see what you mean , the specters need to be more player like , use bullet jump and so on.

yea, Hope so. They could try KI Idea and give it a few tweaks to suit Warframe Or they can improve ontop of what they have. I like AIs acting like real players than standard AIs.

39 minutes ago, Czygen said:

This actually sounds like a good idea xD

Also, what if you paid credits to hire specters, with 10% of the price paid going to the owner? Say that hiring one cost 5,000 cred, owner receives 500 credits per hire. 

Nope sorry I'm against "paying" for the specters. It's the kind of thing that would set up a market .  

Imagine it for a few seconds. People would only hire  healer frames and then everyone would put up the same frame for hire . There would be trinities everywhere and no other frames sinc eonly trinities would be able to generate money.

No paying , hiring  another player's specter has to reward both players  .

In PSO2 if youve playesd the game , hiring other charcarters is free and if you complete succesfuly a mission with one  you and the player who put the char up for hire win the same amount of points. But you can only Hire the same char once a day. 

22 minutes ago, UltimateGrenninja said:

yea, Hope so. They could try KI Idea and give it a few tweaks to suit Warframe Or they can improve ontop of what they have. I like AIs acting like real players than standard AIs.

Well DE has to improve in the AI department with all AI in the game anyway x) the Grineer are too dumb xD

Edited by Deidaku

Cool idea, but not supporting this until we have more ways to obtain more specters besides running rescues and Steel Meridian specters get to be Arson eximus Napalms.

27 minutes ago, Czygen said:

So what kind of reward do you propose for the players?

That's the main problem of this idea. I don't knowh what type of reward would be more apporpriate.

• Credits? : Might as well farm some missions intstead
  • Focus; weird
  • A new currency or friend tenno token system?  Could wor with limitations to avoid exploits
  • Syndicate points?
  • Actual mastery? Don't think so, poeple would be able to gain MR without playing the game at all
  • Ducats might be the only viable idea.

53 minutes ago, Czygen said:

So what kind of reward do you propose for the players?

Way better specter level, damage and EHP scaling of course. Complete no-brainer here.

16 hours ago, Deidaku said:

Nope sorry I'm against "paying" for the specters. It's the kind of thing that would set up a market .  

Imagine it for a few seconds. People would only hire  healer frames and then everyone would put up the same frame for hire . There would be trinities everywhere and no other frames sinc eonly trinities would be able to generate money.

No paying , hiring  another player's specter has to reward both players  .

In PSO2 if youve playesd the game , hiring other charcarters is free and if you complete succesfuly a mission with one  you and the player who put the char up for hire win the same amount of points. But you can only Hire the same char once a day. 

Well DE has to improve in the AI department with all AI in the game anyway x) the Grineer are too dumb xD

Yea, Not so bright they fall for anything.

2 hours ago, Madho said:

Way better specter level, damage and EHP scaling of course. Complete no-brainer here.

Makes sense xD

What if you had to pay like 10k cred to hire a specter and the owner gets nothing xP

5 hours ago, Czygen said:

Makes sense xD

What if you had to pay like 10k cred to hire a specter and the owner gets nothing xP

IF the owner gets nothing there is no incentive to put a spector up for hire in the first place x)

Again: Using another player's specter generates rewards for both the creator and the user.

21 hours ago, Deidaku said:

IF the owner gets nothing there is no incentive to put a spector up for hire in the first place x)

Again: Using another player's specter generates rewards for both the creator and the user.

Tru xD

Well the way I see it is both get rewards if the specter gains affinity (not much since as you said, mr without playing) and the guy who hired gets rewarded with a teammate.

As for the affinity earned, it should be a low amount so people don't just mr farm by posting specters for hire.

(10, maybe 15% of affinity earned on the mission?)

Also, to prevent spam, people can only put up one specter for hire every log in cycle.

3 hours ago, Czygen said:

Tru xD

Well the way I see it is both get rewards if the specter gains affinity (not much since as you said, mr without playing) and the guy who hired gets rewarded with a teammate.

As for the affinity earned, it should be a low amount so people don't just mr farm by posting specters for hire.

(10, maybe 15% of affinity earned on the mission?)

Also, to prevent spam, people can only put up one specter for hire every log in cycle.

THat's an excellent Idea actually.

We could make specters gain affinity. Peeople using the specter get a smal affinity boost ( like 10-15%) and the player who created the specter gains SPecter affinity. Affinity that you can then pour into a weapon or a warframe . BAsically we need to create a way to 'harnes" affinity.

Maybe affinity tokens that you could then  use on the item of your choice !!