Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Issue with key caps lock(ctrl)

MiMiren

Question

Not really sure where I should go with this problem but I guess this section is good as any other place.

Recently I swapped Caps Lock key with Ctrl key. That way it would be much more convenient for me. Unfortunately I stumbled on a problem.

I can't use Caps Lock(with ctrl functionality) and press w and e at the same time. Basically whenever I hold down caps lock + w, pressing e would make this beep sound and it wouldn't work. It seems like caps lock + w does something even though I switched its functionality to ctrl. Any way to resolve that?

2 answers to this question

There aren't any commands that I know of that utilize Ctrl + W + E or Caps Lock + W + E, and I looked up a command list to be sure.

My guess is is that your keyboard has selective support, that it can only support you pressing a certain number/ set of keys before it is unable to read the command. As an example, my laptop's keyboard can support 4 letter keys being pushed at once, but only 1 letter key if the touchpad is being used, or 2 letter keys and one symbol key. Your keyboard may be a case of only being able to support Caps Lock and 1 letter key.

Possibly, I don't know, that's my best guess.

It doesn't seem like that. I tried pressing caps lock + R + E and there was no beeping.

I just looked up and found out that Caps Lock + W is one of keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10. However I'm using Windows 7 so no idea. :/

I'm trying to find a way to disable keyboard shortcuts but I also can't find anything usefull...