The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game needs "fat" warframes

Deshiel

13 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Do I look like a Perfect society to you?

Its just in every movie I've ever saw of a perfect society or book I've read they did not include fat people as perfect. They took the human body and got it to as HEALTHY as it could get natrully so basically just what the ideal human form is. Not huge and muscly or super skinny. Basically societies in science fiction that are like the Orokin usually view healthy people that are or are close

to the build of the average joe as perfect.

(it's fine, phones suck when it comes to the forums)

I think the point tnccs215 is trying to make is that the ideal body type you're pushing as the Orokins' isn't the only one to have ever existed: it's the one that exists today (as shown by the movies you watch, which you must know are based on what Hollywood thinks (and Hollywood as a whole has proven to be blatantly stupid)) and there have been a lot of different ideals. For example, in prehistoric ages, fat women were seen as ideally beautiful; most researchers on the subject surmise this is because a "fat" was (and to some extent still is proven to be, by the way) healthy for women, as they would be better equipped to give birth (because of their size) and better equipped to feed the babies (because milk requires fat, again, proven). A further example, and a more recent one, would be in late-to-mid-medieval Italy (and most of Europe, I believe, but I could be wrong about those; Italy confirmed, however), where men were into slightly larger women. Not the morbidly obese "fat" you're imagining (and everyone on this post is panicking about), but on the chubbier side. You can see that was their ideal feminine form, as their paintings and sculptures show. This incidentally, is rooted in the fact that in the earlier medieval ages in general (and maybe beyond that, actually), fat was seen as hot because it means you're a noble and have people to do your work for you. It wasn't seen as ideal for every situation (obviously, soldiers and knights couldn't afford to be so corpulent), but in terms of sheer vanity (which is the ideal we're debating the Orokin are into, isn't it?) fat was IT.

Now, I've read your previous argument about how those societies didn't understand what fat was, and I'll tell you it's pretty irrelevant to people's ideals. There was a time not so long ago (decades at most) when we understood full well what fat did for us and we still legitimately thought skinny super models were the ideal of beauty. Hell, to some extent we still do. What's healthy and what isn't is clearly still not relevant to "ideal beauty" today, so why are past ideals of beauty less valid? By the way, please don't bring "doctors'" opinions into this unless they're yours. My mother happens to be a doctor and I've heard it all from her, from internal power struggles, to petty squabbles and academic snobbery to some of her colleagues just being plain wrong (or who knows, maybe she is? Wouldn't bet on it though). The bottom line is, health is a domain that's constantly evolving and changing the more we learn, and we are learning a lot more a lot faster than we used to, so what it comes down to is a doctor's opinion is far more informed than yours', but not sacrosanct by any stretch.

So there you have it; hope you two can get along better.

1 minute ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

If been reading this...and am confused as to why no one has suggested a frame that has an ability that causes it to grow in size, instead of just being fat...

We did actualy. Some guy suggested to make a frame that could transform into a huge bowling ball and I added a suggestion on top of that that it should grow larger with each enemy killed.

2 minutes ago, Xen_Ashwood said:

so...what you seem to be saying is research and intelligence should be outdone by being good at being argumentative and obstinate? 

No what I'm saying is that bending words/resources and creating confusion to try and win an argument should be outdone by simple logic which doesn't even require any of that stuff to win. Of course you still need data to back you up but their argument had none and mine had data so did I explain that well enough for you?

5 minutes ago, Xen_Ashwood said:

so...what you seem to be saying is research and intelligence should be outdone by being good at being argumentative and obstinate? 

Yes

5 minutes ago, Xen_Ashwood said:

I assume you have personal experience here? 

They are called lack of common sense people

3 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

We did actualy. Some guy suggested to make a frame that could transform into a huge bowling ball and I added a suggestion on top of that that it should grow larger with each enemy killed.

Hey Deshiel how do you think your threads been going while you've been gone?

1 minute ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Alright just making sure. My modo is to look for weakness in my argument before My opponent can try and exploit it using technicalities.

I usually make bs arguments but I conveinently scored on this one.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)magnumcrowe said:

I think the point tnccs215 is trying to make is that the ideal body type you're pushing as the Orokins' isn't the only one to have ever existed: it's the one that exists today (as shown by the movies you watch, which you must know are based on what Hollywood thinks (and Hollywood as a whole has proven to be blatantly stupid)) and there have been a lot of different ideals. For example, in prehistoric ages, fat women were seen as ideally beautiful; most researchers on the subject surmise this is because a "fat" was (and to some extent still is proven to be, by the way) healthy for women, as they would be better equipped to give birth (because of their size) and better equipped to feed the babies (because milk requires fat, again, proven). A further example, and a more recent one, would be in late-to-mid-medieval Italy (and most of Europe, I believe, but I could be wrong about those; Italy confirmed, however), where men were into slightly larger women. Not the morbidly obese "fat" you're imagining (and everyone on this post is panicking about), but on the chubbier side. You can see that was their ideal feminine form, as their paintings and sculptures show. This incidentally, is rooted in the fact that in the earlier medieval ages in general (and maybe beyond that, actually), fat was seen as hot because it means you're a noble and have people to do your work for you. It wasn't seen as ideal for every situation (obviously, soldiers and knights couldn't afford to be so corpulent), but in terms of sheer vanity (which is the ideal we're debating the Orokin are into, isn't it?) fat was IT.

Now, I've read your previous argument about how those societies didn't understand what fat was, and I'll tell you it's pretty irrelevant to people's ideals. There was a time not so long ago (decades at most) when we understood full well what fat did for us and we still legitimately thought skinny super models were the ideal of beauty. Hell, to some extent we still do. What's healthy and what isn't is clearly still not relevant to "ideal beauty" today, so why are past ideals of beauty less valid? By the way, please don't bring "doctors'" opinions into this unless they're yours. My mother happens to be a doctor and I've heard it all from her, from internal power struggles, to petty squabbles and academic snobbery to some of her colleagues just being plain wrong (or who knows, maybe she is? Wouldn't bet on it though). The bottom line is, health is a domain that's constantly evolving and changing the more we learn, and we are learning a lot more a lot faster than we used to, so what it comes down to is a doctor's opinion is far more informed than yours', but not sacrosanct by any stretch.

Thanks for your input....once I read it. solo many walls of text...why u do dis Internet 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)magnumcrowe said:

Ok, alright. Though what he:she was pushing was still incorrect by looking at fictional societies like the Orokin. And I completely agree with you about doctors, but as it is fat really isnt healthy.

Just now, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Ok, alright. Though what he:she was pushing was still incorrect by looking at fictional societies like the Orokin. And I completely agree with you about doctors, but as it is fat really isnt healthy.

well, other than the fact that we can outlive you in starvation circumstances and take more physical punishment. 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

If been reading this...and am confused as to why no one has suggested a frame that has an ability that causes it to grow in size, instead of just being fat...

Politics.

It's not really a suggestion thread, it's a statement thread.

Otherwise, it'll stick to the game ... not politics.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Hey Deshiel how do you think your threads been going while you've been gone?

Pretty well I believe. Very educational. If I take away the bickering. Some interesting opinions have been made. We all want our "fat" frame for many different reasons. Just as we do not... for many different reasons. Some peeps hate this idea for personal reasons, some say it just feels wrong and some of them try too hard to sell thier opinion as a global belief. 

1 minute ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Politics.

It's not really a suggestion thread, it's a statement thread.

Otherwise, it'll stick to the game ... not politics.

you should stay! There is much joy to be had in the growing firestorms of this thread, and we can all bathe in the ashes left behind when the great lockdown arrives!

7 minutes ago, Xen_Ashwood said:

well, other than the fact that we can outlive you in starvation circumstances and take more physical punishment. 

But if your life depended on endurance and muscle you would be screwed over.

15 minutes ago, Xen_Ashwood said:

Only four? you must have been pretty average to start with, I guess. 

That's not cool. Any who...where is this thread going? A fat frame can be a cosmetic, a frame can have an ability that enlarges it. You even have the heavy frames every keeps mentioning. But in warframe, the status quo is lean and fit. On the flip side, I had a clan member comlain to me he would never play oberon, because he has a "tummy"

5 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

Pretty well I believe. Very educational. If I take away the bickering. Some interesting opinions have been made. We all want our "fat" frame for many different reasons. Just as we do not... for many different reasons. Some peeps hate this idea for personal reasons, some say it just feels wrong and some of them try too hard to sell thier opinion as a global belief. 

Many love this idea for personal reasons as well. How about the growing frame...though Bacchus wouldn't be bad

3 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

That's not cool. Any who...where is this thread going? A fat frame can be a cosmetic, a frame can have an ability that enlarges it. You even have the heavy frames every keeps mentioning. But in warframe, the status quo is lean and fit. On the flip side, I had a clan member comlain to me he would never play oberon, because he has a "tummy"

Same here. And his arms are weird....why doesn't he move his stomachs fat to his arms problem fixed.