The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Chroma get a legit passive?

OzoneSlayer

On 5/21/2016 at 5:34 PM, Magneu said:

As a Chroma main, it makes me kinda sad when I always use 2/3, sometimes use Effigy (honestly, give it the armor it takes, let it be affected by VA, make it radiate Elemental Ward in a largish radius, and halve the energy cost. Boom, done. Oh, and let the player interact with it to have it follow them), and literally never use SS. 

Fuse Afterburn into the ability, change Afterburn mod to lay down elemental patches. Double base range of SS, and increase proc chance to 100% on first tick (just imagine awesome CC builds!).. Swap between current flamethrower breath and projectiles by holding the ability button.

Implement above Effigy changes.

Introduce passive where Chroma gains a third jump by flapping his wings once, is able to change elements in mission (through a Quiver style mechanic on Elemental Ward, pre-select what colors you want for your elements, and allow a change to happen while under the effect of the ability), and has built in Patagium (while aim-gliding, gain bonus of mod, as well as extending wings). Obviously, the jump passive wouldn't apply while Effigy is out.

Chroma is now a much more fun frame instead of straight-up DPS tank/semi-support.

One thing I would change is, instead of selecting colors in advance separate the mechanic from the color by only having the color set the initial element. Other than that, you can have any element in the color you desire, but, your choice in color sets what element you start with.

Edited by Cradicias