The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U19 will be a turning point... or will not.

matto

So people following this thread can see this too.

1 hour ago, [DE]Drew said:

Third, future development depends on players picking and choosing when they’d rather spend platinum and when they’d rather craft. This is especially true for new Prime Access packs. We want Prime Access to be meaningful for those who choose to support Warframe’s future development by buying it. If crafting is trivial, then it diminishes the value of the Primes we offer.

We know that crafting costs can be a mountain for new players and the inflation is frustrating, but we’re listening, and we hope you can understand why some of the decisions we make are necessary to ensure Warframe's continued growth.

Edited by matto

21 hours ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

sooner or later, every player faces the question: do you enjoy playing the missions in WF even if you got NO rewards/drops/resources? 

fwiw, if OP has been playing the game for 3 years, i can't imagine that a prime version of vauban would make that much difference.  

for veteran players who have most weapons/frames, extreme grinds only effect you if you choose to grind. 

Wow, first time someone shares my exact thoughts. Agreed, really, if you actually like playing warframe, you'll play it whether there's thing to grind/ farm or not. Grind / farming basically just redirects you to specific missions. And if you don't actually like playing warframe, then why bother getting something purposely made so you play the game more?

11 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

And if you don't actually like playing warframe

That's where you fail. Because if people don't like Warframe, they wouldn't be here talking or sticking with this game for 3 years - or it doesn't even matter how long you've been playing, as long as you're here there's a good reason.

Stop with those remarks, they are absolutely useless and preposterous.

3 minutes ago, matto said:

That's where you fail. Because if people don't like Warframe, they wouldn't be here talking or sticking with this game for 3 years - or it doesn't even matter how long you've been playing, as long as you're here there's a good reason.

Stop with those remarks, they are absolutely useless and preposterous.

Nah, it's a good food for thoughts. Grinding requires you to play the game so if grinding stopped you from playing, then you stopped because you don't want to play the game anymore. Getting the grinding rewards early won't mean much if you actually don't like playing the game.

13 hours ago, alfaomega04 said:

I'll be the unpopular opinion.

Quite honestly, I believe the primes are actually a bit too easy to acquire. Sure one runs hundreds of mission trying to farm a specific prime (be it weapon or frame) but we also get other rewards in the process. Sure the prime weapons do offer much improved stats (most of the time anyway), therefore I'm fine with the current drop rate on those. However, the frames themselves are essentially just eye candy and not having them does not subtract at all from the content available to players as vanilla frames work just as well. Thus, if anything, I actually think prime warframes should be even much more challenging to obtain making them a status symbol as opposed to just more mastery.

I would have to agree if it wasn't for that vault waiting to lock content away. That uncertain timeframe makes it a grind in the first place. If it (be it resources, Mods, Weapons, and Frames) would be there without a time limit i had no reason to hurry and grind at all.

Worst thing is that some things aren't or wont be optainable anymore for unkown timespans.

Edited by -Blaze-

11 hours ago, matto said:

Financial reports are not available online, you can't rely on anything but the articles that are available. And for 2016, we'll probably hear about it at the beginning of 2017. Only thing you could do is ask informations to the local chamber of commerce and I'm not even sure, as it depends on the local legislation and the company policy, if you can have such informations.

Anyway, Warframe is going well I suppose. If there was an issue about profit margin, then just use more arguments to make people spend plats so the amount of in-game currency available in the player-to-player market will decrease. Thus, implying that this market will need fresh cash too. We haven't got any armor bundle (except pakal) for a while now, or a new syandana or anything that is not either Baro (and let's be honest, except for a few it is a reskin) or PA.

They will get more and more income from the Tennogen items though, as a lot of them are being looked at and will be in game soon enough. Tennogen being a new source of cash for Warframe, even if it is cut in three shares. Change the mods available in the platinum bundles to fit more with the mods people are looking for, or even lower the price of PA so more people will purchase it.

Cosmetics is, right now, quite neglected if you want my opinion. They found an easier way which is to rely on players' contributions through steam, which requires only reviewing and certification. As long as a bit of a support to be sure the designed items can adapt. And since that, I don't see much for a studio that employ enough people to create some new items in the game's market.

We'll see though the form Umbra will take. If it is another PA kind of logic, then we can worry about either 1/ DE is trying to find new ways to get a revenue because there is an issue or 2/ DE makes everything to get more money just because it works and is quite profitable.

Also, you seem to forget that DE opened its market to China which was the big deal Schmalz was waiting for to increase the customer base. And it doesn't cost much to export a game that is already ready and mature.

I Didn't forget about China but if you know what they are truly good at, you won't be mentioning China Warframe as a lasting market because they have professional cracker doing datamining and copyright doesn't matter over there. You probably give a year to go before [insert crappy naming sense like superframe ]come online in China which looks similar to Warframe but Warframe can't do anything about it.

12 hours ago, matto said:

So people following this thread can see this too.

While I certainly support that point, and it makes sense, it shouldn't mean that we need to farm out Rot C T4 for hours on end, and then spend hours more farming out the Oxium/Nitain to build it.

1 hour ago, Nijyumensou said:

I Didn't forget about China but if you know what they are truly good at, you won't be mentioning China Warframe as a lasting market because they have professional cracker doing datamining and copyright doesn't matter over there. You probably give a year to go before [insert crappy naming sense like superframe ]come online in China which looks similar to Warframe but Warframe can't do anything about it.

You're probably right about that. While Warframe can have a steady future elsewhere, China is a bit of a risky market. BUT... strike fast and collect. Not a strategy that DE used a lot, but many F2P editors do. Release a game, get as much money as you can before it falls apart, leave and profit. But I'm sure their strategy is really to find a good and lasting spot in China. But they'll still have this in case something bad happens.

1 hour ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

While I certainly support that point, and it makes sense, it shouldn't mean that we need to farm out Rot C T4 for hours on end, and then spend hours more farming out the Oxium/Nitain to build it.

The void farming should change woth sc 3.0.

The resource farming is part of the game. 

What do you suggest that requires similiar effort that doesnt include farming? Players sure dont want difficulty in WF. 

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

The void farming should change woth sc 3.0.

The resource farming is part of the game. 

What do you suggest that requires similiar effort that doesnt include farming? Players sure dont want difficulty in WF. 

Oh no, I'm all for difficulty. But having to do the exact same T4D for 40 minutes 20 times for one part isn't difficulty. It's pain.

Resources I'll admit are the lesser issue here. But compared to every other Prime, Vauban easily out-costs them all.

And yes, I know of SC 3.0. But I'd rather not hype it up as our saviour yet.