Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bastille: better with overextended? Am I missing anything?

Kronxito

Question

Well as title says I have a build with the augment mod for bastilla.

The thing is overextended takes down  your power strength and it makes bastilla only able to trap 5 or 6 enemies.

But if I use intensify instead of overextended, bastille is a little smaller and it can catch up to 15-16 enemies!!  I think this is a lot more efective (cast 2 well placed bastillas and everybody is trapped) but when I see other vauban players, they go with overextended. So I keep on thinking.... Am I missing something??  I know the augment makes enemy fly away but they still can shoot at you xD.

I have 160% power range, 160% power duration, 130% efficiency, 130% power strength (I dont have primed mods). Equilibrated build I think its ok... or not?

Thx in advance

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ArionLightning said:

Ummm... I will make a try with overextended.

If I'm overflooded I can use bastille and if I want fight the enemies then I can trap them on a void grenade. With the large range It can be useful.  I like the idea.

Then I have:

flow, continuity, constitution, stretch, streamline, redirection, intensify, repelling bastille, cunning drift, energy syphon

I'm thinking on redirection or intensify to put overextended in that place. Better removing intensify?

P.S.: I go with zenurik focus and the energy overflow passive

Yes, maxed Overextended instead of Intensify will work just fine. And I recommend to use Vitality instead of Redirection, because his Effective HP (Armor+HP) will endure damage better than just shields. He still fragile, so you need this health for not to die from Mutalist Drone fog and random grenade on mid-levels.
I have to admit, since his Teslas has moderately low damage and Shred grenade debuff works on 100% only with maximum power strength rate possible and can't be applied multiple times on same targets, you can forget about power strenght and stick to pure CC Range+Duration combination.

If you want to make main accent on Bastille, you better use negative strength build with Repelling Bastille mod. In that case, you surely can go in max radius for better performance.

However, grenade damage will be affected too, especially Tesla damage per charge and Shred grenade armor debuff.

Edited by Nordenfelt_

personal preferences.

a larger one that captures less Enemies (but can reach Enemies in more places), vs tossing one at every Chokepoint and completely blocking it up. as levitated Enemies cause physical obstructions, allowing you to completely block areas so Enemies can't pass.

i lean more towards the moderate Range but still has Power Strength to be used and a bunch of Duration, basically somewhere in between the two ends.

butofcourse, there's the other Abilities, and the new ones to consider... the 'flexible' style Mod Setup could change a lot because of that.

The Overextended build was probably more for the old prenerf Bastille that didn't have a capture limit. Now a moderate size is much more meaningful than increased size, although being able to toss a lot of the overextended ones with maxed efficiency is still pretty effective at shutting down rooms.

Ummm... I will make a try with overextended.

If I'm overflooded I can use bastille and if I want fight the enemies then I can trap them on a void grenade. With the large range It can be useful.  I like the idea.

Then I have:

flow, continuity, constitution, stretch, streamline, redirection, intensify, repelling bastille, cunning drift, energy syphon

I'm thinking on redirection or intensify to put overextended in that place. Better removing intensify?

P.S.: I go with zenurik focus and the energy overflow passive

Edited by ArionLightning

My Vauban was built for range+augment and low strength for keeping enemies out on ODD. I was very happy with him.

Now that he has an AoE ability to strip armor I want to get that up to 100% removal which requires power strength, so my Vauban Prime won't use Overextended, but a moderate amount of range will still be needed to make use of the max target count on Bastille and to hit more targets with the Shred nades.

depends on situation honestly, i felt better having 100% range with higher pwrstr on infested tilesets while giving a larger range on corpus or grineer tileset sacrificing pwrstr with overextended. that new simaris mod that give +50% pwrstr on energy orb pickups comes handy to counter overextended penalty.

or you could just build it with range, duration with a bit efficiency while sacrificing pwrstr and spam vortex rather than bastile, its is highly annoying on multiplayer for other player due the screen-shake effect however. 

1 minute ago, Nordenfelt_ said:

Yes, maxed Overextended instead of Intensify will work just fine. And I recommend to use Vitality instead of Redirection, because his Effective HP (Armor+HP) will endure damage better than just shields. He still fragile, so you need this health for not to die from Mutalist Drone fog and random grenade on mid-levels.
I have to admit, since his Teslas has moderately low damage and Shred grenade debuff works on 100% only with maximum power strength rate possible and can't be applied multiple times on same targets, you can forget about power strenght and stick to pure CC Range+Duration combination.

Ok, i will try it. I will keep my actual build (with vitality instead of redirection) on the B configuration. And I will try overextended configuration.

Thx to everybody.