Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Vortex(4) ability

DreadWhisper

Question

Good day Tenno's! 

I'm having a question about Vauban 4 (made me think since prime came out). Whats the deal with his 4 imploding enemies? The wiki is pretty empty on this. 

"

• Enemies that remain within Vortex's nexus for an extended period of time may implode. Imploded enemies will not yield any loot or affinity.

"

Thats the only thing whats being said about it, but whats reality? In the simulacrum I take a group of enemies and throw in my 4. At some point they simply implode idd, and I was like: Oeh, that sounds fun and strong. Maybe he ain't a vacuum cleaning cricket after all. But then I read that they carry no loot. Wouldnt this mean that Vauban 4-user is the worst choice for any game? xD No loot, no energy, no ammo. 

Let me hear your thoughts please and perhaps clarifications gheh ^.^ #Welp

10 answers to this question

If it's "implode" as in "get killed whatever health point/armor they have" it sounds OP to me and like a feature many don't know about.

Well it's not as fast as a frame using covert lethality, but it's also a CC.

Sounds nice, worth exploring.

24 minutes ago, DreadWhisper said:

Good day Tenno's! 

I'm having a question about Vauban 4 (made me think since prime came out). Whats the deal with his 4 imploding enemies? The wiki is pretty empty on this. 

"

• Enemies that remain within Vortex's nexus for an extended period of time may implode. Imploded enemies will not yield any loot or affinity.

"

Thats the only thing whats being said about it, but whats reality? In the simulacrum I take a group of enemies and throw in my 4. At some point they simply implode idd, and I was like: Oeh, that sounds fun and strong. Maybe he ain't a vacuum cleaning cricket after all. But then I read that they carry no loot. Wouldnt this mean that Vauban 4-user is the worst choice for any game? xD No loot, no energy, no ammo. 

Let me hear your thoughts please and perhaps clarifications gheh ^.^ #Welp

Sorry for saying this but then you have no idea how to play vauban. Vortex is for CC and finishers = suck them in and kill them fast no need to wait till they implode.

1 minute ago, DemonUnicornLV said:

Sorry for saying this but then you have no idea how to play vauban. Vortex is for CC and finishers = suck them in and kill them fast no need to wait till they implode.

Uncalled for? I ain't stating what I think about him, I am asking how the 4 works. You telling me this means you haven't read my story good enough. :/. 

29 minutes ago, Naftal said:

In any normal situation ever, the enemies won't stay alive long in the vortex. Someone kills them.

Yeah ok, but in theory, is there no way to let imploded enemies NOT lose their loot? Or is it just a myth or wha? Cause it sounds problematic if there is like a massive swarm, people need revive, and good bye loot

1 hour ago, DreadWhisper said:

Yeah ok, but in theory, is there no way to let imploded enemies NOT lose their loot? Or is it just a myth or wha? Cause it sounds problematic if there is like a massive swarm, people need revive, and good bye loot

The situation sounds like one where you have bigger problems than losing the loot from a few enemies.

55 minutes ago, Naftal said:

The situation sounds like one where you have bigger problems than losing the loot from a few enemies.

True xD. But Lets say you have nezha doing Spears, same results+loot 

but I understand that the loot loss is a real thing I guess? Ain't a weird myth the wiki make to score me? Also - Any idea how long it takes before targets implode? Any way to prevent it from happening in bad scenario's? 

2 minutes ago, DreadWhisper said:

Any idea how long it takes before targets implode? Any way to prevent it from happening in bad scenario's? 

Kill the enemies caught in the vortex before they implode. You're welcome.

The imploding is not an issue. There's enough time to kill them. No reason to build for less duration.

Sometimes there will be an enemy or two that vanish without xp or loot but it doesn't change anything in the big picture. You can use ground finisher with melees to hit ALL enemies on the vortex at the same time to instakill the stack or use aoe/punch through weapon to do the same.