GameLover93

System specs:

gtx 970 g1 gaming

8Gb ram 

i5 4690k 

msi z97 gaming 3 mother board

120 Hz monitor acer gd245hq

Problem:

I am a fan of 120 fps gaming,love it! Anyone that say aaa...dude you don't see more than 60 blabla is a liar :))

Warframe is using 60% or cpu and 60% gpu and no matter what it keeps going from stable 120 to 76 fps,I use v-sync now(didn't used before)to see if it is a bug or something,It makes no diffrence!First was that "why is this game start lagging?" then I activated fps show and even on 110 fps It start to feel verry choppy.I remember that on my old pc(gtx650) warframe was a great game performance, using physx was ...wow super cool.It was 60 fps tho so now that i have better pc I am dissapointed about fps drop physx off.. and settings are ... normal,default.

I am not sure why the game does that,and for me is verry annyoing,I stopped playing so much cuz of the disconfort that it creates.Anyone fixed this?Is pc compatibility issue?I don't have much time to search on forums for problems like that but I saw that windows wants to save power and don't use all my cores but then I was that min processor state was 100%(they said windows put it to 15% but i was on high performance power option already,so no improvment at all.

If I cannot fix this here I may send a support ticket but they are usualy slow because of the high demanding,Thanks!

My FPS has started to reach abysmal levels on my PC as well. I used to get a consistent 60FPS in Warframe, but ever since yesterday, the game barely chugs along at 30FPS when in Windowed and Borderless Fullscreen modes. In standard Fullscreen, it does run at 60FPS, but the game stutters so badly that it's practically unplayable.

My Specs:
Lenovo Y50 Gaming Laptop w/ Touch Screen

-Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.4 GHz Processor

-8 GB DDR3 RAM

-1 TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive

-8 GB Solid-State Drive

-NVIDIA GTX 860M 2GB Graphics

Also, whenever I boot up Warframe now, my whole PC starts to chug, even apps running in the background chug. All my other games run just fine so I have no idea what's wrong with my game...

yes same thing seems to be happening on both my laptop and PC. I keep my laptop limited to 30 FPS and PC at 60 FPS and both are having drops of 15 - 20 FPS during and after missions, on the initial log in into the liset everything is fine however.

Edited by Nazzami

39 minutes ago, Nazzami said:

yes same thing seems to be happening on both my laptop and PC. I keep my laptop limited to 30 FPS and PC at 60 FPS and both are having drops of 15 - 20 FPS during and after missions, on the initial log in into the liset everything is fine however.

What are your specs?

I play with a computer specced similarly to the OP:

- GIGABYTE Z97MX Gaming 5

- i5 4690k 4.4GHz

- MSI GTX 970 (Driver ver. 364.96)

- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400MHZ RAM

- 144Hz BenQ XL2420G G-Sync (g-sync doesn't seem to be functioning with Warframe AFAIK)

When playing WF, MSI afterburner reports ~40% CPU usage and 30~40% GPU usage on most scenarios causing the framerate to dip to 50-60 fps from 144 fps. So i'm assuming that the game isn't properly utilizing both the GPU and CPU.

I've been having a similar performance issue. When I'm just standing in my ship, my FPS drops from 40-60 to about 7-20. This is really bothering me, because before this hotfix I was doing fine. Now its tanking to unplayable levels. Although from the above posts that I have read, everyone here is running a Nvidia graphics card. I wonder if that is an issue.

-CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor 3.50 GHz

-Ram: 8GB

-GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 610

-Motherboard: MSI 760GM-P23(FX) (MS-7641)

Edited by CompletelyUnbelievable

21 hours ago, CompletelyUnbelievable said:

Although from the above posts that I have read, everyone here is running a Nvidia graphics card. I wonder if that is an issue.

It definitely feels like it.

Edited by projectrallus
It was too antagonistic

Can anyone else in here confirm that they can run other games without issue? Also does changing anything in the launcher or disabling every setting have any positive impact on performance for you? 

I still get the same dips even with every setting turned off. This is also a fresh install that's been verified and optimized. I've tried three different nVidia drivers, none of which have increased my performance. I've run every hardware scan and benchmark available to me without finding a clear bottleneck or fault.

Edited by projectrallus

3 hours ago, projectrallus said:

Can anyone else in here confirm that they can run other games without issue? Also does changing anything in the launcher or disabling every setting have any positive impact on performance for you?

I ran Garry's mod without abnormalities with frame-rate. I tried disabling the launcher settings and putting Warframe on its lowest quality settings, and most changes were still temporary and lead to the same conclusion as I said before. I've verified the integrety through steam as well as the launcher, optimized cache, changed my operating system from Windows 8.1 (I still had the problem) to Windows 10 (I still have the problem).

Which hotfix did you start having issues on? For me it was right after 18.11.10. Also have you tried multiple gpu driver versions? I've tried three different drivers without any increase in performance (for this game, other games are running better than ever)

Edited by projectrallus

2 hours ago, projectrallus said:

Which hotfix did you start having issues on? For me it was right after 18.11.10. Also have you tried multiple gpu driver versions? I've tried three different drivers without any increase in performance (for this game, other games are running better than ever)

All I remember is that it was a hotfix after Vauban prime's release, I didn't think to record which specifically. I have tried other drivers, but Nvidia is a bit weird. I'm using the Nvidia GeForce Experience to update my driver, and if you have dealt with it before then you would know that it improves the quality/optimizes specific games at a time. I don't remember the last time they made a change to specifically warframe that I could go back to, so that would mean the updates that I've done recently wouldn't effect warframe. (and they haven't)

EDIT: I'm back-dating my Graphics driver to March the 1st, I'll report on what happens.  (Version: 362.00)

Edit (Update to previous): It didn't change much. Still does the same things as before.

44 minutes ago, projectrallus said:

Yeah I just put my dog on ice so I can take a break until this gets fixed. 

Everyone in this topic should start a Support Desk ticket if they haven't already. The more people that report the issue the better the chance that it gets sorted quickly.

I despise Kubrows, they are not as useful as I would like them to be. When I think some important team-member falls down and when I find out its just a Kubrow I get annoyed.

EDIT: Submitted support ticket, it also links to this forum.

38 minutes ago, projectrallus said:

Support is passing the issue on to the devs! Now we just have to wait. 

And I don't use my kubrow I just pet him sometimes because he's cute. It would take 6 million credits and 2k cores to make him useful

Yea, support responded to me. Although the only response was confirming the issue thus far and making sure it is still there.

I completely agree. I like Kubrows, they are nice pseudo-pets as if your playing a fraction of Nintendogs, but are not yet worth the grind to get to be useful in my opinion right now.

On 5/24/2016 at 4:14 PM, CompletelyUnbelievable said:

changed my operating system from Windows 8.1 (I still had the problem) to Windows 10 (I still have the problem).

I know support's already acknowledged that this is a bug but I was in the mood so I Changed my OS to 10 as well, same performance issues as before.

I'm also going to try running the game off another drive even though my drive health seems fine because why not at this point?

EDIT: Running off a second drive has no effect on performance.

Edited by projectrallus

Bug is still present in 18.13.0. I think I've found a minor workaround, everything on low but texture cache on high makes the game run at mostly 60fps. I still shouldn't have to lower my settings to get the game to function when I have more than the recommended specs.

Also, they've closed my support ticket without fixing the bug so do I start a new support ticket or what?

Since they haven't closed your ticket, I guess just let them know that they haven't fixed it yet. 

So far things we've tried to fix the issue:
Changed graphics drivers to latest WHQL driver
Changed graphics drivers to older WHQL drivers
Changed operating system to Windows 10
Tried every combination of launcher and Display settings
They had me run CCleaner lol
Verified and Optimized the game
Completely reinstalled the game
Installed the game on a different drive
Installed the standalone version of the game (for some reason doing this has permanently disabled physx in my steam version so I discovered a new bug while trying to sort out this one)

I've personally run every hardware and software scan available to me as well as a few benchmarks and all I've learned is my computer is in better health than I thought it was.

Game's broke.

EDIT: PhysX not working is an unrelated bug introduced with 18.13, my bad.

EDITEDIT: There was a hotfix that fixed an issue with nVidia's latest card but I don't have the energy to see if that did anything to mitigate the issues happening with older cards. I'll check it out later and update this post.

Edited by projectrallus
typo

So, support had me run a performance test on my GPU. My finding was that my GPU's fan was not spinning. How did I find that? Oh, my GPU was 101 degrees Celsius for crying out loud. I could boil/evaporate water on my GPU at that point. So, for right now, I have a standing fan blowing onto my computer to cool it. Highest temperature I've gotten so far was 76 degrees and my lowest so far is 35 degrees (with fan), but I'm going to test its limits again later.

2 hours ago, CompletelyUnbelievable said:

So, support had me run a performance test on my GPU. My finding was that my GPU's fan was not spinning. How did I find that? Oh, my GPU was 101 degrees Celsius for crying out loud. I could boil/evaporate water on my GPU at that point. So, for right now, I have a standing fan blowing onto my computer to cool it. Highest temperature I've gotten so far was 76 degrees and my lowest so far is 35 degrees (with fan), but I'm going to test its limits again later.

Jesus, man. How long has it been overheating? What test specifically did they have you run?

Also, I hope this doesn't come across as condescending or anything but you visually confirmed it's not spinning? Also is it always off or does it just turn off under load?

EDIT: Can you force the fan to work with MSI Afterburner?

Edited by projectrallus

1 hour ago, projectrallus said:

Jesus, man. How long has it been overheating? What test specifically did they have you run?

Also, I hope this doesn't come across as condescending or anything but you visually confirmed it's not spinning? Also is it always off or does it just turn off under load?

EDIT: Can you force the fan to work with MSI Afterburner?

It only seems to be recent. support told me to run UNiGUiNE: Heaven to test and watch my GPU with HWMonitor. 100% sure it was not spinning, off completely even during bootup (in other words, it was broken.). The fan was and still is getting power, I have a program that I could use to change fan speeds. (as I am posting this I did try MSI Afterburner and it didn't turn on.) 

1 hour ago, CompletelyUnbelievable said:

It only seems to be recent. support told me to run UNiGUiNE: Heaven to test and watch my GPU with HWMonitor. 100% sure it was not spinning, off completely even during bootup (in other words, it was broken.). The fan was and still is getting power, I have a program that I could use to change fan speeds. (as I am posting this I did try MSI Afterburner and it didn't turn on.) 

Damn dude, I hope it doesn't cost you too much to get that fixed. 

The card itself is working just fine (now that I know the problem and it didn't melt), the standing fan has worked wonders in fixing the issue. Now my only other problem I have is dealing with my mouse and keyboard's cords being farther away, but it works. If I were to just replace the fan, its just a fan and should be cheap. If I were to get a new graphics card that can cost me a couple hundred dollars for one better than the one I have. (I'd rather get one that can better play games these days with 4k and VR if I get those in the future.)