Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Sargas Ruk

ValconExe

Question

Yes, yes, yes, I know, I've seen people asking how to beat him before.  I know about his weak points.  But I just can't manage to beat him.  I am trying to solo the game (or most of it), and I got to him.  When shooting at his weak points, my weapons always seem to hit right around them, but not quite on them, and when they do hit, they do almost no damage.  What am I supposed to do?  I've tried 4 times now, and I've probably spent 2 hours in total fighting him.

Using:

Excalibur level 22

MK1-Braton level 18 (8 damage per hit)

Lex level 10 (42 damage per hit)

Dual Heat Swords level 20 (I'm not sure if I was hitting him with these)

On the first fight, when I was using them, MK1-Kunai level 11 was doing 33 damage per hit.

Is it the fact that I'm still using MK1-Braton?

Maybe it's because I've been overusing the swords?

Please help.

(Tell me if I'm just gonna have to suck up my pride and go multiplayer)

Edited by ValconExe

6 answers to this question

1. Get a better gun. Karak is much better than the mk1 Braton, but you are fine with the regular Braton too. Rank it to level 30 or around that.

2. Put some basic mods in it like Serration, Elemental mods, or Point Strike if you have nothing else. Also don't forget to rank up these mods with fusion cores.

3. I think you shouldn't try to melee him, use guns all the time.

Edited by Dobermann92

The easiest thing you can do it just go multiplayer.

If not, you gotta level up your stuff more and put stronger mods on them.

and its probably best if you avoid using melee vs Sargas as his weakspots are very hard to hit.

IF you just want to get the node cleared or farm up Ember parts then yes, suck it up and go multiplayer.

However, if like me you have this urge to look an enemy in the eye and say crap like "Alright, betch, its you and me...and apparently a few hundred of your lackies even though you have these ridiculous invulnerability periods, knockdown fire attacks, and cronies with knockdowns and fire attacks for a fake challenge" and take him down, be it for pride or just so you know you can, I'd reccomend levelling your mastery rank a bit higher and getting some new weapons to fight him with.

Boltor, Hek, Tigris, and many other weapons will definitely help you take him down. The pellet spread of shotguns isnt helpful at long range, but closer up give you a better chance of at least a few of those pellets hitting that vulnerable spot.

Use explosive weapons, Kunai with concealed explosives, tonkor, attica/zhuge with Thunderbolt. The explosion will hit the spot even if the projectile doesn't.

Really though, your gear is probably the problem. Looks like you have been rushing through the star map and not leveling things/farming mods much. They are SUPER important and will make or break you when solo.

Edited by Wopel

Short answer is your weapon is not strong enough. Weapon power comes from mods so the issue will be the mods you are using and their levels not getting a new gun (though that will help also).

It is almost impossible to hit his weak points with melee weapons reliably so he is a fight that relies on your ranged weapons. That means having Serration/Hornet Strike decently levelled (like 5/6) and some elemental mods. If you've started with a melee frame like Excalibur and used your sword 95% of the time to this point it can feel very frustrating.

Personally I found the Vectis (sniper rifle) the easiest low level weapon to use as you can hit him from miles away on the weak point and stay outside his AOE. For contrast a mid level Vectis with the right elemental weakness can do 700odd dmg per shot to him.

He was my first roadblock too as it took me 80odd hours in game before I got a Serration so know the feeling.