Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons with good reach, looking for numbers

Tomppak

Question

So, I tried looking into the wiki, and tried googling around, and I found some info on weapon reaches, but not enough to satisfy my curiosity:

What weapon has the longest reach (with basic melee attack, not counting thrown/redeemer charge)? How much? With or without the reach mod?

I found a video where Atterax has 4-5 meters, or 10+ with reach (primed, apparently), but how do other whips compare to it?

What kind of reach do whip and blade weapons have?

Do stances affect reach (other than you moving forward during the combo)?

Is there an actual chart somewhere with weapon reaches listed?

(And no, I'm not looking for answers like "try Orthos, is has really good reach" or "War has huge reach", I'm actually interested in just how far they do reach (and how they compare to others).

Thanks in advance!

Bonus question: If I'd consider building an atterax, should I go for crit build? Does it work well as a stealth weapon with Ivara/Loki when trying to rack up the stealth combos?

2 answers to this question

I did several tests some time ago for myself, it may not be 100% accurate but still it's something. Anyway, that's what I got (everything with maxed primed reach and I mostly used first attack of the quick melee of each weapon for tests):

Orthos P - 9
Tonbo - 6
Serro - 6
Sydon - 6
Lesion - 4

Tipedo - 5

Atterax - 11
Mios - 9 (only whip)

Galatine - 4-5
War - 5
Scindo P - 4

Jat Kittag - 7-8

And yes, you definetly should try Atterax.