Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gun Platform

Val72

Question

Greetings forums. I have been playing Warframe for about 2 weeks. I love the game. I am looking for a Warframe that will let me put more emphasis on my guns. I am currently playing with Hydroid. Which frame would you guys recommend. I don't mind playing a support role. But it seems crowd control is more to my pkaystyle here. But I have an open mind. Some input I beg. Thank you in advance

5 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Val72 said:

I am looking for a Warframe that will let me put more emphasis on my guns.

Banshee, Loki, Vauban, Inaros come to mind instantly.  They are frames where you CC (or merely turn invisible) and depend primarily on weapons for damage.  Although Loki is arguably more effective with melee.  You want a frame whose powers are designed to not be spammed for damage but to support or CC, then those are pretty good at that.

Next in line, I would say are Nyx, Ivara, Limbo and Nova as well,  most of their damage comes directly from weapons which are in some cases amplified greatly by guns.

Saryn is pretty dependent on weapons too but can be a difficult frame to get the hang of.

Well, I use my Latron Prime a lot. Don't even like to use my skills, thats why I build my Rhino back in 2013. I enter a mission, hit a bunch of enemies with Ironclad Charge to boost my Iron Skin and done. After activating my Iron Skin I can use only my weapons without problems, even buffing the damage with Roar. I only play like this while Im playing solo. Use all your skills when you're in a squad.

Mesa, if you really want a frame centered around guns, but to be honest is a more of a press-4 frame.

But if you don't want to buy her prepare for tedious farming.

Edited by TheMetrocop
just don't butt mesa

Nova is probably the best answer. Min-maxing for her #4 Molecular Prime is a standard and powerful build, with the effect of heavily slowing everything and causing everything to take extra damage. A gun user's best friend. Changes to spawn rates and styles may have made this less effective in some modes since I last played her but with Zenurik in the mix and a little efficiency she can also probably be made more spammy than she was.

Frost and Volt will give you barriers to shoot from behind. Volt buffs your offense while Frost is better at keeping enemies away.

Banshee will give you new targets to shoot for huge bonus damage with her #2, Sonar, but she doesn't have a ton of CC. Her Silence will CC enemies one time as they come into view, but it's short and IMHO not that useful. She's great teams if someone else is dropping CC or globes though.

Ember's #3, Accelerant, will let you stack your guns for heat and then use them to fight anything with a large damage boost by debuffing heat resist. Accelerant is also a spammable stun with no max targets that can be repeated on the same enemy multiple times. I think of her as my solo/pug Banshee and pretty much never use her attack skills at high levels.

Toxic Chroma has a reload speed buff and gains some damage through Vex Armor. It's not the most consistent gun buff, but that reload speed is NICE. I'm thinking of making him my new frame for leveling guns with slow reloads and small mags. I should have used him for stuff like Rubico or Vulkar Wraith.

Mirage can buff herself and spawn multiple, long-lasting clones of herself that also shoot her guns. I don't play her much but supposedly it's very nasty, though it fills your screen with lots of extra bodies and effects. She has some CC but I'm not sure how reliable/available it is in a build for long lasting buffs.

Edited by VKhaun