Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best melee for combo counter.

JohnKable

Question

Hi everyone,

Ive spent the past few days maxing a few mods i left behind, like Blood rush. Then i started some solo testing and had so much fun going melee only.

But still cant answer myself this question: whats the best melee for stacking combo counter in an average crowded environment?
- mind, not talking damage wise- just the most efficient at stacking combo counter.

from my tests the best ones were orthos prime and tipedo, both packed with maxed P.reach, Fury, Berserker and Body count.

Thats because the very good swing speed of both, very comfortable reach and the decent crit for berserker (better on tipedo but also on Orthos its preatty easy to stack up berserk buffs)

Of these 2 in your opinion which is the best? really cant tell myself. Is there any weapon im missing? 

5 answers to this question

For stacking combo you definitelly want range, like the guys above said. And perhaps alot of spin attacks, since they've got the highest potential to hit enemies that are fairly far away from each other. With War I can easily stack to 300-350 average on tower survivals. Even more with Orthos Prime. Atterax is fun as well, especially when you take the fun of slicing the enemies in half into consideration.

The "most efficient for stacking combo counter" is highly irrelevant. You'll just want the best melee for your preference and gameplay. Building up combo counter works fine with every weapon and you get it up fast anyway. Getting to 3x combo counter is fast with any weapon and after that it slows down a lot while the extra 0.5x doesn't do much anymore.

1 hour ago, Naftal said:

The "most efficient for stacking combo counter" is highly irrelevant. You'll just want the best melee for your preference and gameplay. Building up combo counter works fine with every weapon and you get it up fast anyway. Getting to 3x combo counter is fast with any weapon and after that it slows down a lot while the extra 0.5x doesn't do much anymore.

I know. The question was for pure theorycrafting purpose.

i have almost any weapon available but, you know, it takes and also much can change with stances, and i have to admit i didnt test stances extensively....

also the for the very specific role of building combo counter in the most efficient way for enhancing bladestorm. Not that bladestorm with any melee with body count actually needs the "best melee for combo counters" so back to the point over here, pure theorycrafting.

i have to agree that after 3X Numbers required are quite insane for very small benefit. And any weapon with good speed and reach can achieve 3x pretty fast and easy.