Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Prime Build

Darth-Buldge

Question

14 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, T7Alpha said:

Argon scope. Bladed rounds etc, as @Kastrel717 said.

what build are you using with argon scope?
i have tried many different combinations and whatever i switch out for Argon Scope, i do less damage in the end AND i have to aim all the time (which i hate with soma)

I am running: Serration, Split Chamber, Heavy Caliber, Vital Sense, Point Strike , 2x 90%Ele (Corrosive) and the last exchangeable slot would be Shred for me (i like the punch through and faster spool-up).
Changing Shred for Bladed Rounds would give slightly more damage and better ammo economy, but no punch through. Thats a possibility though if someone likes that.
Bladed Rounds gives more damage as Argon Scope though, so IF id have to choose to use one of them, its Bladed Rounds.  So what are you switching out for Argon Scope AND Bladed Rounds? 

4 minutes ago, ButterLutter said:

what build are you using with argon scope?
i have tried many different combinations and whatever i switch out for Argon Scope, i do less damage in the end AND i have to aim all the time (which i hate with soma)

I am running: Serration, Split Chamber, Heavy Caliber, Vital Sense, Point Strike , 2x 90%Ele (Corrosive) and the last exchangeable slot would be Shred for me (i like the punch through and faster spool-up).
Changing Shred for Bladed Rounds would give slightly more damage and better ammo economy, but no punch through. Thats a possibility though if someone likes that.
Bladed Rounds gives more damage as Argon Scope though, so IF id have to choose to use one of them, its Bladed Rounds.  So what are you switching out for Argon Scope AND Bladed Rounds? 

Sorry about saying bladed rounds;  I don't actually main soma prime myself because it relies on corrosive projections to be at it's full potential but this is the video I had watched on the matter 

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, T7Alpha said:

Sorry about saying bladed rounds;  I don't actually main soma prime myself because it relies on corrosive projections to be at it's full potential but this is the video I had watched on the matter 

Reveal hidden contents

thx for the vid. well i am using soma prime only with my Banshee (saw 80k crits per bullet!). Which is why i dont like aiming down sights, everything dies with one click anyways and if a leg is highlighted i cant trigger argon scope..

4 minutes ago, ButterLutter said:

thx for the vid. well i am using soma prime only with my Banshee (saw 80k crits per bullet!). Which is why i dont like aiming down sights, everything dies with one click anyways and if a leg is highlighted i cant trigger argon scope..

Sounds like you are best with shred while using that build haha, may aswell spread the love among the enemies. You could try vile acceleration for your low level runs too just for the lols.

21 minutes ago, Bouldershoulder said:

Hammer shot gives +180% damage on crits. I'd take it instead of two elementals (which virtually do the same) and added a 60% status+elemental for higher chance to proc slash.

Do you often put hammer shot on your rifles? I have never found it to be very effective. 41M2ilfzTWL._SS36_.jpg

Edited by T7Alpha

11 hours ago, T7Alpha said:

Do you often put hammer shot on your rifles? I have never found it to be very effective. 41M2ilfzTWL._SS36_.jpg

On soma, snipers, and bows - always. Those are crit weapons, and increasing crit damage is literally increasing base damage, because it's a multiplicative parameter. Every +1 to crit damage is like another bullet for multishot. Also, 40% status chance is an added benefit.

Suppose we have 100% crit rate. If this is a normal shot

|-----------------|

and this is a multishot

|-----------------|-----------------|

then this is an x2 crit of multishot

|-----------------|-----------------| |-----------------|-----------------|

this is an x3 crit of multishot

|-----------------|-----------------| |-----------------|-----------------| |-----------------|-----------------|

and so on.

Edit:

Well, ok, maybe 2 90% elementals and x6.6 cd do a bit more damage than 1 60% elemental and x8.4 cd, but it's +100% status chance and more slash and puncture procs :3

Edited by Bouldershoulder

55 minutes ago, Bouldershoulder said:

Well, ok, maybe 2 90% elementals and x6.6 cd do a bit more damage than 1 60% elemental and x8.4 cd, but it's +100% status chance and more slash and puncture procs :3

if you like the status chance.... why not 2x 60% Ele mods instead of 1x 60% and 1x hammershot?
2x 60% -> higher dps and 37,6% status chance
1x 60% + hammershot -> lower dps and 34,5% status chance

there is literally no reason to use hammershot, ever. one single 60% ele mod results in more dmg AND more status

4 hours ago, ButterLutter said:

if you like the status chance.... why not 2x 60% Ele mods instead of 1x 60% and 1x hammershot?
2x 60% -> higher dps and 37,6% status chance
1x 60% + hammershot -> lower dps and 34,5% status chance

there is literally no reason to use hammershot, ever. one single 60% ele mod results in more dmg AND more status

Because of totally subjective pleasure of seeing x8.4 crit multiplier >.>, and I like to use toxin against corpus, and fire against infested.

Well, I use Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Critical Delay, and Fast Hands, with two low leveled elemental mods. Still working on it, only has a single forma right now, probably need two or three, plus I need to get lucky and get some dual elemental mods.

The Critical Delay does slow down its rof, that does actually make it a bit more manageable in terms of ammo, and the 89.4% crit chance more than makes up for it.