Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Arachne: The Spider Queen

Riphtix

My girlfriend and I have been working on this for a few weeks now and we hope you guys like it... I will add some concept art as her and I finish it but I wanted to get my idea out there for others to see and hopefully give a spider based Warframe a chance at implementation. When we thought of this we did not know of other spider based Warframes and after taking a look at them after making ours we noticed they were old. So we came up with a new fresh concept for the spider-frame utilizing the new multi-use abilities (Ivara's 1, Vauban's 2, ect..) and hope you like it.

Stats

Spoiler

Unranked

Spoiler

Health: 100
Shields: 100
Armor: 100
Power: 175
Sprint Speed: 1.25
Polarities: 2x Naramon (Dash/Bar)
Aura Polarity: Naramon (Dash/Bar)

Max Level

Spoiler

Health: 300
Shields: 300
Armor: 100
Power: 275
Sprint Speed: 1.25
Polarities: 2x Naramon (Dash/Bar)
Aura Polarity: Naramon (Dash/Bar)

Abilities

Spoiler

Passive

Spoiler

Infinite ability to move on walls and ceilings, uses legs attached to back for movement and wall latch, movement increased by 25% / 50% / 75% / 100% (levels up at the same time as Decimate) all attacks deal 50% more damage to Orokin faction enemies

1) Web Bullet - 10 Energy

Spoiler

Fires a projectile of webbing causing slow (essentially a cold proc skinned to look like web) (8s / 12s / 16s / 20s) and impact damage (100 / 175 / 250 / 325)

2) Spinneret - 25 Energy

Spoiler

When 2 is pressed the ability cycles through the available variants. When held the selected variant is used. (This would work like Ivara's 1 or Vauban's 2)

2.0 Silken Tendril

Spoiler

When aimed at wall pulls Arachne to the wall attaching her to the wall (can be canceled before reaching wall to fall while keeping momentum). When aimed at an enemy pulls them to Arachne.

2.1 Web Wire

Spoiler

When aimed at wall attaches web to the floor at Arachne’s feet and attaches to the wall (2 / 3 / 4 / 5 wires at a time) where it is aimed. When aimed at an enemy attaches them to the floor (12s / 15s / 18s / 21s).

2.2 Silken Disarm

Spoiler

Disarms a selected enemy and causes knockdown. Using a Silken Tendral like web to take the weapon deals 90 / 125 / 200 / 275 impact damage.

2.3 Razor Web

Spoiler

Activating this changes the “current weapon” to Spinneret and clicking the fire button will fire one of two ends of the web, the first creates the starting point the second the end point the ability then deactivates, consuming energy on first use. If the first end of the web is used energy is consumed but not if the second is used. Aim at two locations creating a tripwire between those locations that causes 90 / 180 / 270 / 360 slash damage to enemies that walk through it 2 / 4 / 8 / 16 times.

3) Queen's Calling - 50 Energy

Spoiler

(Yells) Launches 4 / 3 / 2 / 1 (gaining size per rank) cocoons with 1 spider minion each that deal 75 / 125 / 200 / 300 toxin and 100 / 125 / 175 / 250 puncture damage to those they attack. Damage done by spiders heal Arachne by 10% / 15% / 25% / 30% of damage dealt (similar to Life Strike Mod). The spiders split on death into 2 spiders each with 50% of the prior spider’s health and 50% of the prior spider’s damage and split can again 0 / 1 / 2 / 3 times per spider. Lasts 15 / 25 / 35 / 50 seconds.

4) Decimate - 25 Energy

Spoiler

Arachne uses her pointed legs as weapons dealing 125 / 150 / 225 / 325 puncture damage, increases attack speed by 10% / 15% / 25% / 40%, and consumes 2.5 energy per second. Arachne can not climb on walls while Decimate is active.

Possible Augments

Spoiler

Spider’s Net - Augment for Web Bullet

Spoiler

When Web Bullet hits the ground it covers the area with web (10 / 15 / 20 / 25 range) that causes a 10% / 25% / 50% / 75% slow (essentially a cold proc skinned to look like web) and 100 / 125 / 175 / 275 toxin damage per 5 seconds

Cocoon - Augment for Spinneret

Spoiler

When Arachne uses Web Wire on an enemy while above them on a ceiling it will pull them to her encasing them in a cocoon of web dealing 100 / 125 / 175 / 275 toxin damage per 5 seconds and hanging them from the ceiling. Also provides 5% / 10% / 15% / 20% life steal.

Lore

Spoiler

Arachne was created by the Sentients in order to rival the Orokin’s Warframes, and kidnapped one of the Tenno to control their new weapon. After finding out she was fighting her kin, she left the Sentients expecting them to lose the war with the Orokin and began building a fortress of web out of an old Orokin Tower long lost to the void. Her creation was the beginning of the Sentients using Orokin technology against them. More explained in the quest.

Questline

Spoiler

Acquisition

Spoiler

Must have Mastery Rank 8 and must have completed the Second Dream quest and can be bought from the Market.

Walkthrough

Spoiler

The player will get a message from Ordis stating that he is detecting activity in the void and directs you to investigate. (New node on Earth with Moon tile set)

Mission 1 - Behind Closed Doors

Spoiler

The player must have Codex Scanners in their gear list to start this mission. The player lands on the new location called Abbe. The player must then traverse to a door which is marked on the map as a yellow mission objective marker. Once there the door will have an eight pointed star shaped keyhole (at head level to Excalibur) Ordis says “It appears the key is missing. If you scan that odd keyhole I can reverse engineer - THE KEY YOU LOST - a new key for us to use.” The player must then use a Codex Scanner to scan the keyhole. The player then moves to extraction.

Once on their Orbiter, Ordis says that he has created a replacement key and the blueprint is waiting in the foundry (named the Widow’s Key). The key takes a minute to build and uses the Key of Entanglement, the Key of Silk, and the Key of the Weaver to construct. Ordis states that while constructing the blueprint he found mention of another location on the moon called Zeno.

Mission 2 - The Key of Entanglement

Spoiler

Once at Zeno the player must go to a room marked by an objective marker and open a door using their shields (same rules as hijack missions). When the door opens it reveals a void portal (like in Tower Sabotage missions). Ordis then states “Operator, do you wish to - DIE - continue through the portal? I do not know what lies ahead.” Once through the portal the player will see an Orokin Tower that is beginning to become like the Derelict and is covered in webs. The player then hears a female laugh echo through the tower. The portal is inaccessable from the decaying side and the player then must move through Infested towards a yellow mission objective marker. When the player gets to the room containing the objective Ordis says “I can’t believe it! I didn’t think she existed! Operator bring the artifact to extraction so I may - DESTROY I T - study it” (applies a random dragon key effect excluding hobbled). The player then must interact with the artifact and is directed to extraction.

Once back in the Orbiter, Ordis states that he has finished studying the artifact and has constructed a (helmet) blueprint that was inscribed on it (The Weaver’s Helmet) and that he deciphered a part of the Widow’s Key. The part is called the Key of Entanglement and is inscribed with a new location called Tiselius.

Mission 3 - The Key of Silk

Spoiler

On Tiselius, Ordis directs the player to another door that leads to another part of the Web Derelict Tower and on entry Ordis says “It seems that this is the same tower as before however we appear to be in a different location.” The player then moves toward the objective marker depicting the next artifact. Upon entering the room containing the artifact the same female laugh from before rings through the tower. Ordis says he is beginning to understand why no one has charted this tower and directs you to bring the new artifact to extraction once more applying a dragon key effect (excluding hobbled). Once the player nears the artifact Arachne says (name and face are unreadable and incomprehensible) “So you dare steal from my castle? From my quiet sanctuary in the stars? Why must all of my brothers and sisters be so greedy?” Ordis replies with “We apologize, your highness, we do not wish to - SPILL YOUR BLOOD - disturb you. Operator, we must leave now!” The player can then grab the artifact and go to extraction.

Once back in the Orbiter, Ordis states that he has finished the next (chassis) blueprint from the Key of Silk’s inscription (The Weaver’s Chassis) and then says that he is afraid of what is to come, rambling on about spiders and he says he is beginning to remember a part of the old war. Ordis then explains “It was said that the Sentients had copied the Orokin’s Warframe technology and had kidnapped a Tenno for a Warframe made to fight the Orokin. The Warframe’s name was Arachne and with her creation, the Orokin and their Tenno began to be - DESTROYED - hunted down and killed. Then something changed, the assassinations of Tenno and Orokin alike stopped and no one saw Arachne again. I didn’t believe that there was actually something out there that could kill so many Tenno so quickly.” He then says to go to Lagalla.

Mission 4 - The Key of the Weaver

Spoiler

On Lagalla the player is again directed to a door and on the other side is another part of the Web Derelict Tower. Ordis again sends you to another room with an artifact in the center. Arachne then says “You know who I am don’t you Cephalon Ordis? I only wish to be left alone that is why I took refuge in this tower.” Ordis tells you to grab the next artifact (applies another dragon key effect excluding hobbled) and extract. Arachne again begins speaking “I left the Sentients because I learned of my true heritage. I learned I was killing my kin. My family. My brothers and sisters. I left the Sentients in hopes that without me they would lose the war against the Orokin, but my creation was the beginning of their victory. They were already studying the Orokin’s other technology and they knew they had already won. I cannot let you take what is mine. I must not let this place be found. I do not want to be part of your war.” Upon approaching the artifact, Arachne uses Queen’s Calling summoning 4 spiders each of them have a 100% chance to drop 1 spider leg. The player must then defeat them in order to grab the artifact. Once grabbing the artifact the player is told by Ordis to proceed to extraction.

Upon getting to the Orbiter, Ordis says he has finished the last (systems) blueprint from the Key of the Weaver’s inscription (The Weaver’s Systems). Then says that the player can now construct the Widow’s Key using the first blueprint Ordis made for the player. Once construction of the key has finished Ordis says “I thought she was killed by the Orokin while she was on a mission. She wanted - TO DIE - for the Orokin to win the war. We should go back to Abbe and use the Widow’s Key.”

Mission 5 - The Queen's Lair

Spoiler

Once on Abbe the player is directed again to the door with the odd keyhole and is directed to use the Widow’s Key (not consumed on use). Upon the door opening Ordis says “We have made it this far we should confront Arachne, The Spider Queen.” Once through the portal the player is in what looks like a Web Derelict Tower and is in some sort of throne room. Arachne is nowhere to be found. Upon moving to the center of the room Arachne speaks again “I have hidden here for so long and none have found me. How have you found me?” The player’s Tenno speaks for the first time in the quest “The moon is now in orbit of Earth again” Arachne then says “Ah so the Tenno have learned to speak through their puppets. I cannot let you leave however. The Orokin must not find this place or they will kill me for my crimes against them.” Arachne then falls from the ceiling beginning the boss battle with Arachne. After the battle Arachne says “If I cannot stop you from leaving I will let you use my power so that you may amend my deeds.” She then leads you into a room with the last artifact in it and instructs you, as Ordis had before, to take the artifact to extraction and like the others this applies a weakened hobbled key effect. Once removing the artifact from the pedestal it is on, Arachne says “I can feel my power seeping away my domain is beginning to crumble however I cannot leave I will accompany you to your ship.” She follows you to your ship and while you walk down a corridor leading to extraction Infested attack you however Arachne’s spiders defend you and her on your way. The player then leaves the tower (with a similar view to entering the Derelict) and sees it explode.

Once aboard the Orbiter, Ordis says in a sorrowful tone, “She let us have her Warframe. I have decrypted the blueprint from the artifact she gave us as well as the Weaver’s Syandana (a syandana made from web shaped like a flowing silk cape). The blueprint can now be constructed in your foundry.” The quest ends.

Manufacturing Requierments

Spoiler

Quest Key

Spoiler

4 Void Key
1 Orokin Cell
1 Argon Crystal

Blueprint

Spoiler

25,000 Credits
1 Arachne Helmet
1 Arachne Chassis
1 Arachne Systems
1 Widow’s Key

Helmet

Spoiler

15,000 Credits
300 Alloy Plates
250 Cryotic
4 Neural Sensors
1 Fieldron

Chassis

Spoiler

15,000 Credits
450 Salvage
250 Cryotic
400 Rubedo
4 Spider Legs

Systems

Spoiler

15,000 Credits
350 Circuits
500 Polymer Bundles
5 Control Module
1 Paris Prime String

Concept Art (WIP)

Spoiler

Concept Art Soon To Come Stay Tuned

Constructive criticism and feedback are appreciated. Ability and augment ideas welcome.

Edited by Riphtix
Fixed intro and some grammer

4 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

there has been similar concepts on the whole spider frame

but maybe someday

for queens calling i wouldnt have her shout or anything this isnt smite lol xD 

you could have them simply spawn or generate from her and attack enemies like atlas golems  

The point of having her talk is to make her the second frame with a voice and the first with audible speech also she talks during the quest several times. We also hope to have this concept catch on unlike the others.

Edited by Riphtix
Added a sentence at the end

3 minutes ago, Riphtix said:

The point of having her talk is to make her the second frame with a voice and the first with audible speech also she talks during the quest several times

it just dosnt seem to match with what we know to current warframe mechanics/lore. but they can scream and yell yes, but talk them self isnt a mechanic as of yet

just suggesting as with how we currently play its operator who speaks. so incorporating that would make sense

similar how inaros has  mystical voice in quest who does the talking one could utilize that scenario instead. previous operator voice in the quest as frames were tailored to specific operators to pilot 

The abilities are really cool specially this "When Arachne uses Web Wire on an enemy while above them on a ceiling it will pull them to her encasing them in a cocoon of web dealing 100 / 125 / 175 / 275 toxin damage per 5 seconds and hanging them from the ceiling. Also provides 5% / 10% / 15% / 20% life steal. "

22 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

it just dosnt seem to match with what we know to current warframe mechanics/lore. but they can scream and yell yes, but talk them self isnt a mechanic as of yet

True... Maybe a yell would work...

32 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

you could have them simply spawn or generate from her and attack enemies like atlas golems

Maybe have Arachne shoot spore like cocoons out like when an infested Brood Mother dies.

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

you could make her hiss? or a weird sound, spiders are affected by sound

just trying to be helpful 

Now there's a cool idea... I'll run it by my girlfriend this was her idea.

Maybe something like the juggernaut, though not as loud or "screamy"

Edited by Riphtix
added an idea to the end

45 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

ya that actually could be an interesting tie in? farm 1 part from them maybe? 

I don't want Arachne to become what I call a "credit frame" like Oberon where you get so many of the parts it is not worth building. I want to keep it as low farm as possible granted some of the recipes are expensive but she is supposed to have been built by Sentients so she has some parts that would be lying around and some that are Orokin Void based. I only used the Juggernaut as a way to explain how the hiss could sound. Granted you did only say one part, but still I would want her parts to be gotten from the quest.

Edited by Riphtix
Forgot to finish it before hitting reply, so I finished it

7 minutes ago, Riphtix said:

I don't want Arachne to become what I call a "credit frame" like Oberon where you get so many of the parts it is not worth building. I want to keep it as low farm as possible granted some of the recipes are expensive but she is supposed to have been built by Sentients so she has some parts that would be lying around and some that are Orokin Void based. I only used the Juggernaut as a way to explain how the hiss could sound. Granted you did only say one part, but still I would want her parts to be gotten from the quest.

you could incorporate unique spider based jugegrnaught/queen in the quest that gives one of the materials to make  part maybe? 

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

you could incorporate unique spider based juggernaut/queen in the quest that gives one of the materials to make  part maybe? 

I wish I could incorporate the extra arms/legs that will be on her back into the chassis crafting requirements but my girlfriend shot me down immediately I'm still pushing for that idea though and I think if she agrees that would definitely be a cool way to provide them to the player... maybe instead of 2 spiders in The Key of the Weaver she summons 4 and you get the legs from them. I just don't want to use a Juggernaut like creature because they are kinda dull at this point. I want to introduce something new. Help revive the Derelict possibly give DE a new enemy in the Derelict.

EDIT: I just changed the quest to have 4 spiders instead of 2 and they each drop 1 leg

Edited by Riphtix
Updated Comment

2 minutes ago, Riphtix said:

I wish I could incorporate the extra arms/legs that will be on her back into the chassis crafting requirements but my girlfriend shot me down immediately I'm still pushing for that idea though and I think if she agrees that would definitely be a cool way to provide them to the player... maybe instead of 2 spiders in The Key of the Weaver she summons 4 and you get the legs from them. I just don't want to use a Juggernaut like creature because they are kinda dull at this point. I want to introduce something new. Help revive the Derelict possibly give DE a new enemy in the Derelict.

sounds good to me :D 

29 minutes ago, (XB1)Closegato said:

where abbe? i think it would be interesting being in the moon

Abbe doesn't exist in Warframe as a node... yet... the nodes on the moon are named after craters on our actual moon so I went to a site that had them all listed looked for ones that weren't already in the game... and used those for the node names in my OP.

1 hour ago, Riphtix said:

Abbe doesn't exist in Warframe as a node... yet... the nodes on the moon are named after craters on our actual moon so I went to a site that had them all listed looked for ones that weren't already in the game... and used those for the node names in my OP.

yeah emm but i have curiosity i mean in real life where abbe?