Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thinking about disbanding my clan...

Hellnium

Question

Since this isn't something I can reverse easily, if at all, I wanted to ask a few questions before I decide to shut everything down. Originally I started my clan for my friends and I to do some research and trading, etc. Over time I've found that I'm playing the game way more often than my friends and the benefits of belonging to a larger clan to have more people to do more stuff with seems like a good idea over playing alone or in PUG's. Before I give it any further consideration I would like to know:

1. What happens to the resources I invested into my dojo if it's deleted?
  2. Is it possible to pass the clan to one of my friends in place of deleting it? 

Many thanks!

12 answers to this question

Depending on clan size, there are benefits to having a single player/small clan. Research is very manageable for me due to my single player clan size, and I still have a community to draw from for grouping and events due to membership in a rather large alliance comprised of many such small clans.  It's a compromise that works very well for me and many others, and one you may want to try first as its a risk free alternative to nuking or abandoning your clan.

So my 2 cents is to join an Alliance first and see how that goes.

Edited by Gelkor

well im no clan expert but i think if u can make one of ur friends the leader when u leave the clan will still exist or i dunno how it works if the leader exits i dont know if the clan auto disapears or if it just kicks u out and set the highest rank member in the clan the new leader but i would sugest that before leaving have one of ur clan friends be the leader just in case they dont want the clan gone

as for joining a bigger clan it can be fun but unless that clan manages to stay alive after some time u will see urself jumping from clan to clan as u find one its very populated and very talkative and funny to chat there theres people to help u and u help them but at some point at some random day everyone will disapear or quit like everyone stops playing or they quit the clan and then ur left with a mountain clan with only 2-5 people on per day or even 10 if it is a update day so do that if u just want to find some random friends then jump to another clan at least thats my experience

i hope i helped a little sorry for bad engluch

I won't rehash the same facts as everyone else, and so far you've gotten some good advice.  You say you started it for you and your friends, have you tried recruiting outside of you friends group?  If you have some free spaces, or boot the least active, and put up and ad for long term players who want a small clan for the benefits or whatever reason works for them.   Just something to think about.  

I have been in your position. i disbanded my clan two times after completing all the research, went around hopping from clan to clan. Each clan eventually dies out or you don't feel a connection. So i came back and created a ghost clan and now manage to keep a roster of 10 players who actively participate. 

9 minutes ago, RedGoat989 said:

well im no clan expert but i think if u can make one of ur friends the leader when u leave the clan will still exist or i dunno how it works if the leader exits i dont know if the clan auto disapears or if it just kicks u out and set the highest rank member in the clan the new leader but i would sugest that before leaving have one of ur clan friends be the leader just in case they dont want the clan gone

OK, thank you. This would be an acceptable alternative to deleting things for sure. 

as for joining a bigger clan it can be fun but unless that clan manages to stay alive after some time u will see urself jumping from clan to clan as u find one its very populated and very talkative and funny to chat there theres people to help u and u help them but at some point at some random day everyone will disapear or quit like everyone stops playing or they quit the clan and then ur left with a mountain clan with only 2-5 people on per day or even 10 if it is a update day so do that if u just want to find some random friends then jump to another clan at least thats my experience

Given it's a free to play game I imagine the turnover is pretty large. I guess in that context joining a clan will have it's down sides if everyone leaves the game. 

i hope i helped a little sorry for bad engluch

Not a problem, thanks for replying!

12 minutes ago, DawnThade said:

1) you will lose all of it . no refunds.

That was what I figured. I'm not concerned, but i wanted to know so I could tell my clan mates the potential side effects of closing everything down. 

12 minutes ago, DawnThade said:

2) Make one of your friends the clan warlord in the clan (warlord = same rank as you). then leave the clan.

That would take the sting out of losing everything if I made a transfer of ownership. Probably be a lot less hurt feelings if I made the transfer to second party. Lot's to think about for sure, thanks for replying!

23 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Depending on clan size, there are benefits to having a single player small clan. Research is very manageable for me due to my single player clan size, and I still have a community to draw from for grouping and events due to membership in a rather large alliance comprised of many such small clans.  It's a compromise that works very well for me and many others, and one you may want to try first as its a risk free alternative to nuking or abandoning your clan.

So my 2 cents is to join an Alliance first and see how that goes.

I never gave this much thought, as I didn't really know much about how alliances worked. I assumed you had to be a Shadow or larger clan to do that. no idea where i got that idea, but I'll send some time reading the wiki on how this works. This may be the way to go while my circle of friends are still playing Warframe. If everyone bails for something else I can just close up shop and join one of the allied clans. Many thanks!

19 minutes ago, (XB1)AtlongsterATL said:

I won't rehash the same facts as everyone else, and so far you've gotten some good advice.  You say you started it for you and your friends, have you tried recruiting outside of you friends group?  If you have some free spaces, or boot the least active, and put up and ad for long term players who want a small clan for the benefits or whatever reason works for them.   Just something to think about.  

This is a good point. I had thought about expanding the group beyond my circle of friends but failures from the medium sized clan I managed in WoW still haunt me. :(

All in all, I'm at the point where I'd be a great contributing member of a group but a decent Warlord? Eh...not so much. I'd want anything I'd run to be a great experience for everyone involved, but right now I'm not up to the task of keeping things running smoothly. 

8 minutes ago, Wopel said:

It is a free to play game, you could just make a second account to switch the clan to.

I actually do have an alternate account that is sitting there in the ether completely dormant. I had messed up my choices so badly with the syndicates that I figured the only way to prevent the Arbiters of Hexis and Cephalon Suda from raining on my parade was to start over. I was 5 minutes into the starter quest with Captain Vor when the realization hit me that I'd have to grind or buy all my beloved frames all over again and I was back on my primary account. I may use it as a pseudo-warlord if I really want to keep my investment. But the thought of having to grind all that started content again takes the air right out of me. :(

Why not just downsize your clan instead of disbanding it? If the other people aren't playing regularly, you could always boot them and downsize to something more manageable for you and whoever else is contributing regularly. If they are your friends and you explain the situation, I'm sure they would understand. I will assume there is always the option to make the clan bigger again if the participation numbers go up in the future.

Might be a shame to undo all the work to make the clan in the first place.