Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Found balanced range for bastille (I think), but...

Kronxito

Question

Bastille is a great skill. I love it. But its own behavior might be a little.... betraying when max power range. When casted, you create a ring of energy where enemies inside goes to extasis till reach max capacity, while enemies not affected will be free inside and keep shooting at you. Enemies outside the ring will be pushed back by bastille's augment mod.

Well, as I completed missions I wanted to balance the fact enemies inside the ring not afected by extasis, because in a large place crowded of enemies... bastille could be a little useless and vortex takes too much energy (I think vortex is for other situations, not for large places control xD).

I have tried 3 builds:

- Max power range (250%) but 40% power strenght: Bastilla only catches 4 enemies. I noticed this build is good on defense, usurpation and excavation missions because places are empty of enemies and then they come in. So you cast bastille and they are pushed back. But situations where places are crowded of enemies, bastilla is useless if you want to get in because it only catches 4 enemies.

- Low power range (160%) and 130% power strenght: Bastilla takes 16 enemies. This gives you the guarantee everybody get catched where you cast the skill. Bastille's range is not too small, so I thought "cool i got it". But making missions I noticed I had to cast it 2 or 3 times in order to cover larger places. It's cool but I run out of energy soon as I go inside the mission. This configuration is perfect for small areas or labyrinthine places

- Medium power range (205%) and 70% power strenght: Bastilla takes 8 enemies. The intermediate point. I think 8 enemies catched is an aceptable number. It has a good range and fits better on all missions.

For vortex, differences between 250% and 160% range are only 2 meters. Vortex is almost not affected by range then...  so I can use it on any configuration.

My conclusion is 205% range and 70% strengh might be the correct choice for general use. But I'd like more experimented people tell me about it.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by ArionLightning

7 answers to this question

I will probably stay with 2 separate builds myself.

My build against ranged is high efficiency, normal strength high duration with only stretch for range even though the range is still negative. This build is to keep bastilles going all around to keep nearly all enemies suspended.

The infested build however is max range, high duration, bit of efficiency and the all important bastille augment. Its just easy mode infested missions.

Normal missions against infested simply use the first build.

No real feedback on the sweet spot of balance but I simply feel that more focused builds fit better for vauban.

Edited by Airwolfen

I'd say the Repelling Bastille augment mod kinda compensates the negative effect, of lower power strength holding up less enemies.

The core methodology of playing Vauban, is to provide CC on enemies.

You really don't need a lot of power strength to do that, hek it's even less-demanded when the augment mod is in the build.

Edited by SpryCrow

Got an idea. I can have 250 range and 70 strength. Just need a primed continuity (I have normal continuity xD). Then I replace constitution by intensify and... tada!! huge bastille with capacity for 8 enemies and same duration (25 seconds).  I think it is ok. What I have to do now is get 1kk credits for the trade xD.  Thx guys.  See you!!

You could always go for efficiency and range, compensating the capacity by the number of bastilles used (cast 2-3 where you would have casted 1 with more capacity). It should not be a problem with maxed energy regen of Zenurik or EV present in squad.

Edited by SeaUrchins

12 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

You could always go for efficiency and range, compensating the capacity by the number of bastilles used (cast 2-3 where you would have casted 1 with more capacity). It should not be a problem with maxed energy regen of Zenurik or EV present in squad.

Yes, I have zenurik and energy syphoon. But 250% range i think is fine. What I were worried about was the only 4 enemies capacity. With 8 enemies I can get into a large area (usually there are no more than 10 enemies), cast bastilla and kill enemies inside while other enemies incoming cannot disturb me on his large range. Thats what I wanted.

I'm using this against infested:

s1994Ev.jpg

..and this for anything else:

GMexaj1.jpg

I found 18,4m range to be enough range for me personally. And once you have Zenurik running you can pretty much spam them Bastilles all over the place, even with "only" 130% efficiency.