Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Raid [ LOR / JV ] Build

Chromatrescu

Question

Since Vauban has changed , i want to ask that what build is prefer more ? 

• Max Range + Good Duration / Effiency + Low Strength
  • Max Range + Good Strength / Effiency + Low Duration 
  • Max Range + Balanced Strength - Duration [150-175%] + Good Effiency 
  • Max Duration + Good Range / Effiency + Low Strength 
  • Max Strength + Good Range / Effiency + Low Duration 
  • Balanced Strength - Duration [150-175%] + Good Range / Effiency ( seems impossible on this build ? OwO ) 

7 answers to this question

59 minutes ago, Dobermann92 said:

His 3rd ability hasn't changed at all. I would advise trying this: Max Range + Balanced Strength - Duration [150-175%] + Good Effiency 

My build: http://goo.gl/n25Akn

I use this build because I want some headroom if one of our Trinitys suck. That is why I have Vitality and Fleeting Expertise on this build, you can go with Constitution and Power Drift as well.

But his Balliste depends on Strength to hold how many enemy 

1 hour ago, Dobermann92 said:

His 3rd ability hasn't changed at all. I would advise trying this: Max Range + Balanced Strength - Duration [150-175%] + Good Effiency 

I use this build because I want some headroom if one of our Trinitys suck. That is why I have Vitality and Fleeting Expertise on this build, you can go with Constitution and Power Drift as well.

I see that build useful for non defensive missions. 

To answer your question succinctly: Max Range + Good Duration / Effiency + Low Strength.

Here's my build at the moment:

5K8XkFc.png

QhDjwjC.png

I'll list the stats here so you don't have to keep bouncing between tabs to look at the images:
Power DUR - 245
Power EFF - 130
Power RNG - 175
Power STR - 70

Reasons:

First and foremost, I would like to state that I only invested a single forma because we still don't really know if his second skill will undergo changes in the near future, seeing as it is new and all. Who knows? It could get a lot better, but in any case, I built this Vauban around his Bastille. One of his more popular and reliable skills.

There are many ways to build Vauban, however you specifically asked one that fits in LoR / JV.

In LoR, Vauban is pretty much used to cc the enemies (obviously), however what makes him pretty special (in my opinion) is that his Bastilles can net scorpions. And if you ask any LoR player, they will tell you that scorpions are probably one of the most annoying units in that raid due to their ability to just hook you off the pad, whereby restarting the pad stage or even just ending the mission if you were hijacking in nightmare.

With all that being said, I think range is extremely important because you want to capture enemies before they can even enter firing/hooking range. However, I also think duration is as equally important as range.

The following paragraph will detail why I did what I did, but feel free to skip it:

In an ideal LoR, you would just be a Vauban who throws bastilles anywhere and everywhere. And by ideal, I mean a raid where you are not required to stand on a pad. Sadly however, we don't always get to play LoRs where everyone is on-point and nothing goes wrong. Maybe someone disconnects or maybe someone has no experience, but whatever the case is, you know you should stand on a pad during the hijack, else fail the mission. When these circumstances do arrive, do you wish to be the Vauban that has 23s bastilles surrounding your allies' pads? Or the Vauban that has 37s bastilles? I opted for the 37s, even if my range suffers a little bit, I find it more than big enough to catch enemies before they can even see people on their respective pads.

You guys might be worried about that abysmal 70% strength, but trust me, it's more than enough since you get to catch up to 8 enemies in one bastille. Furthermore, due to streamline, each bastille only costs 52.5 energy which means you can and even should throw 2 to 3 bastilles in each location.

Note:
- In regards to the last slot, you can slot whatever you want, as you wait for the possible changes DE will make to his second skill.
- Might be wondering what's so special about netting scorpions, so I will give a quick answer: Mirage's Blind is only a hard cc for the first 4s, after that the enemies can and will move/perform actions LIKE scorpion hook. You can't really expect a mirage to constantly blind every 4s because sometimes that just isn't possible, whether it be due to the lack of energy, or perhaps they are hacking a panel, or just distracted. Whatever the case may be, it's better to perform at your best and not rely on others too much to achieve the objective. :D
- If you have further questions, I will be happy to answer them.

Edited by ---Shadowless---

Edited by Dobermann92