Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Standalone Warframe to Steam Warframe(Help I dont want to download the whole game again.)

-Kraeno-

Question

Hi, i was trying to make my warframe from standalone to steam cause i cant access workshop stuff so i was experimenting on how to move cause the old guide on this is not the same, cause steam will download the whole game not like before just a launcher then you will download the game through  the launcher not the same as now. So back on the experimenting stuff on moving the game to steam i thought i finally got it working launch it through steam then its running i was in game checking the market workshop clicked on an item then not responding game crashed.(Tried it 3 times game still crash when i checked codex.) Is there anyway without downloading the whole 11gb on steam?

3 answers to this question

the way i did to reinstall the game for steam was leaving the non-steam version on my pc install the steam version and after that unistall the non-steam because one thing i noticed is that when u download from steam u have to update the launcher and as the steam version is outofdate u could basically be downloading the whole game again so having the non-steam version on the pc while installing the steam on will trick it into thinking the game is already installed and updated and after that u can unistall the other one so just download the steam version and leave it there and u can save a lot of time

hope i helped sorry for bad english