Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chances of imprint characteristics in kubrow incubation

(PSN)Mazendude

Question

6 answers to this question

On the bad side, expect to run around saving your kubrow from bleeding out. And if it dies, well you are out whatever you spent on it (from what I read). Also it requires upkeep, something like 75k per week, so not good for anyone not well established in the game.

Edited by Wopel

59 minutes ago, (PS4)Mazendude said:

Today i used 2 huras imprints in an incubation, does that guarantee a 100% chance of getting a huras? Cause i saw someone in a random post about using 2 raksa imprints and getting a sunika, so i wanted to make sure.

Yes, if both imprints are Huras, it will 100% be a Huras.

46 minutes ago, Tomppak said:

... What's the point on getting another Huras? I think you only gain the mastery once per breed, right?

Maybe the OP doesn't use them as MR fodder but is breeding for fun, profit, or just to have something to do.  Additionally maybe the OP wants a specific build for their huras before they level one up.   I know I've gone through about 5 Kubrows, taking imprints before consignment, to breed exactly what I want. 

16 minutes ago, (XB1)AtlongsterATL said:

Maybe the OP doesn't use them as MR fodder but is breeding for fun, profit, or just to have something to do.  Additionally maybe the OP wants a specific build for their huras before they level one up.   I know I've gone through about 5 Kubrows, taking imprints before consignment, to breed exactly what I want. 

Specific build? I thought they all share the same stats per breed, regardless of colours?
Can you explain how the imprinting works? I'm under the assumption that you take an imprint of a Kubrow, and if you use it while hatching another Kubrow, you've got a better chance for the traits to pass on the progeny - But how does that help if the Kubrow isn't the kind you want it to be? Do you just cross fingers and hope that the specific non-desired trait doesn't get passed along, or can you actually somehow manipulate which traits are passed and which are not?

EDIT - also - what are the reasons for choosing a kubrow over a sentinel? In my experience, they just die off way too easily (while running off. Sentinels aren't as sturdy, but you can keep them alive more easily with your own movement since they stick to your side), possess less useful skills, hindred stealth game play, and are more costly to acquire and upkeep (especially since if you're unlucky like me, you'll get three useless raksas from the eggs, in a row >.<)?

Am I doing something wrong, or am I just missing something? Do they get better with forma? Can you even forma them?

Edited by Tomppak

3 hours ago, Tomppak said:

Specific build? I thought they all share the same stats per breed, regardless of colours?
Can you explain how the imprinting works? I'm under the assumption that you take an imprint of a Kubrow, and if you use it while hatching another Kubrow, you've got a better chance for the traits to pass on the progeny - But how does that help if the Kubrow isn't the kind you want it to be? Do you just cross fingers and hope that the specific non-desired trait doesn't get passed along, or can you actually somehow manipulate which traits are passed and which are not?

EDIT - also - what are the reasons for choosing a kubrow over a sentinel? In my experience, they just die off way too easily (while running off. Sentinels aren't as sturdy, but you can keep them alive more easily with your own movement since they stick to your side), possess less useful skills, hindred stealth game play, and are more costly to acquire and upkeep (especially since if you're unlucky like me, you'll get three useless raksas from the eggs, in a row >.<)?

Am I doing something wrong, or am I just missing something? Do they get better with forma? Can you even forma them?

In a nutshell, only the damage, crit chance, crit damage, etc. numbers are the same (initially). The health and shield numbers vary somewhat between the breeds. Also some breeds have Madurai polarities (Huras, Sunika), while the others have Vazarin polarities.

Imprinting in a nutshell, if you use two of the same, you are almost guaranteed (97% or so) the type, colors and build from the imprint to transfer. Height and sex are always random.

So since fashion frame is the true endgame of warframe, not only do you have to look good, but your damn animal companion has to look the part too. So most people don't want a scrawny runt, they want a grizzly bear sized kubrow. They want really cool colors, etc. etc. and they will pay top platinum for whatever their vision of bad &amp;#&#33; kubrow is.

You can manipulate traits by mixing different imprints, but then all your percentages go to about 50% for what you want to transfer over the way you want it. Hence the hours and hours of breeding. 

As for choosing a Kubrow over a sentinel? The kubrow can do some things better than the sentinel. Your sentinel isn't going to run ahead, tackle your capture target and hold it down for you while you stroll through the map, or dig up just the thing you need right when you need it . A kubrow will.  A kubrow can keep you cloaked for way longer than a sentinel can. And a kubrow can do ridiculous damage with enough forma. Oh yes, you can forma them. You SHOULD forma them :)

Sentinels are better for somethings too. Like your shade won't kill your Simaris target. But Spot the kubrow? He doesn't give a damn about you or Simaris. Kubrow won't help you scan targets. You get the picture. Right tool for the job. Sometimes it's a kubrow, sometimes it's a sentinel.

Edited by (XB1)Sacrfishal Lamb