Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Account Transfer?...

(PSN)Kitty-Purry-0_0

Question

Hey everyone... I was just wondering why account transfers are not possible? Is it the way the accounts, system, and network are set up in the first place? Or is it more of a limitation on bad apple players who would abuse a feature like this? 

The reason I'm asking about this is because I've invested a good chunk of my time into warframe and I just switched accounts on my PS4. I've created a new account and started playing all my games again (I started to dislike my old name and haha.. You know how Sony is...) 

So do you think if I contacted support I would be able to get something like this to happen or... Is it impossible and should I just quit the game all together? 

3 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Kitty-Purry-0_0 said:

Hey everyone... I was just wondering why account transfers are not possible? Is it the way the accounts, system, and network are set up in the first place? Or is it more of a limitation on bad apple players who would abuse a feature like this? 

The reason I'm asking about this is because I've invested a good chunk of my time into warframe and I just switched accounts on my PS4. I've created a new account and started playing all my games again (I started to dislike my old name and haha.. You know how Sony is...) 

So do you think if I contacted support I would be able to get something like this to happen or... Is it impossible and should I just quit the game all together? 

They can't do anything for you. I believe there was a round of transfers when the games came out on consoles (for obvious reasons). The decision for if it can happen rests with Sony/MS, not DE. Just like Gifts of the Lotus don't work on buying plat on console because that would impact the sales of currency on consoles.

Account transfer between systems is not possible because of legal reasons (consoles won't let you promote your game on their system if you're just gonna suck em back to pc and have them lose money /clients) 

As for account transfer within the same system, the game was never designed with that in mind. There's a lot of security risks associated with it, because the account may have actual real money invested in it(like prime access) plus it's guarded by the game's terms of use. I don't think modern ps4 systems have good enough ID to effectively confirm that it's indeed you who wants the transfer, not someone trying to steal your account.