Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status effects on meele weapons

(PSN)tarata0tarata

Question

Hello guys

I am not sure how the status effects work on weapons. I mean i have orthos prime and with the current equiped mods it has 75% status effect and 60% toxin damage. Does that mean that at 75% of the hits i will inflict toxin damage and it will get increased by 60%? If that is correct can i stack more status effects increeased damage like 90% extra electricity / heat / frost damage or i can have only 1 status effect at a time? 

Thank you in advance guys!

16 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, (PS4)tarata0tarata said:

can i stack multiple adittional effects like frost, heat and electricity in order to do an extra (ex. 90% heat and 90% frost and 90% elec and 60% toxic)?

No you can't, base elemental types combine with each other to other damage types. The combining depends on the order.

IF you put them in like that, you'll get 180% blast damage and 150% corrosive damage.

see http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Status effect only increases the chance of the elemental effect happening. In your case, it'll be an increased chance to inflict enemies with the toxin proc, that drains HP over time.

60% of your total damage from the weapon is converted into toxin damage is what the number means. For example, the weapon you're using has an over all 100 damage(combining slash, impact and puncture) 60% of that damage is converted into toxin damage, in this example it'll add an additional 60 toxin damage to your hits.

If you place additional elements onto a weapon, it'll combine two in the order of where you placed them. It'll read left to right, top to bottom, so it starts at the top left of the mod loadout screen and ends at the bottom right.

If you place Heat and Cold damage together it'll create Blast damage, Heat and Electric will get you Radiation damage, Heat and Toxin creates Gas damage, etc. The combined stats of the elemental mods will combine for the overall total to the damage type, ie. 60% Toxin and 90% Heat, will get you 150% Gas.

I only used gas as an example. You'll want to read up on the link provided by Naftal regarding which is effective against which.

Most times, combining two elements is enough and you'll want to reserve the rest of the mod loadout for damage performance or crit chance/damage mods.

Gas is more effective against infested units and can spread, since they swarm at you, it's useful there. Grineer wear heavy armor that can dampen the incoming damage, corrosive can eat away at that armor, even stripping it off of them completely if hit enough with it. Corpus have shielding and most other types of damage will only affect that, but viral can halve their health temporarily and only affects human targets.

Edited by SurrealEdge
Bolded some words.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)tarata0tarata said:

I want to do the most possible damage. Do you recomment me to equip all 4 of these extra status damage mods in the weapon? Or should i equip only 2 of them like toxin and heat? Like that i will do an extra 150% gas damage at 75% of my hits. 

it's not 150% gas damage at 75% of your hit, status chance just determined whether you will proc physical and/or elemental status, damage always added whether it procs or not

Edited by -VV-william

54 minutes ago, (PS4)tarata0tarata said:

Hello guys

I am not sure how the status effects work on weapons. I mean i have orthos prime and with the current equiped mods it has 75% status effect and 60% toxin damage. Does that mean that at 75% of the hits i will inflict toxin damage and it will get increased by 60%? If that is correct can i stack more status effects increeased damage like 90% extra electricity / heat / frost damage or i can have only 1 status effect at a time? 

Thank you in advance guys!Ortho

You will do extra Toxin damage on every attack.

You have a 75% chance to proc one status effect on every hit, it might be bleed, puncture, impact or toxin proc. Mostly bleed, because most damage on that Orthos is Slash damage. And elemental effects, like Toxin`s poison, are 4 times less likely to proc than basic IPS ( - impact/puncture/slash) effects.

Actually I`m not sure how you could get 75% status chance with just a single mod, Virulent Scourge will get your status chance to 24% only. Status chance is multiplicative, not additive.

1 minute ago, Ivan_Rid said:

You will do extra Toxin damage on every attack.

You have a 75% chance to proc one status effect on every hit, it might be bleed, puncture, impact or toxin proc. Mostly bleed, because most damage on that Orthos is Slash damage. And elemental effects, like Toxin`s poison, are 4 times less likely to proc than basic IPS ( - impact/puncture/slash) effects.

Actually I`m not sure how you could get 75% status chance with just a single mod, Virulent Scourge will get your status chance to 24% only. Status chance is multiplicative, not additive.

I have a mod that i maxxed with power cores and gives an extra 60% status chance and 60% toxin damage + the 15% status chance orthos already has

2 hours ago, (PS4)tarata0tarata said:

I have a mod that i maxxed with power cores and gives an extra 60% status chance and 60% toxin damage + the 15% status chance orthos already has

You need to learn how the game functions.

It isn't 15%+60%, it is 15%+(60% of 15)%. You can see that to the left of the mod window where the weapon statistics are listed.

Edited by Wopel